Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
StarSurfer

Report the start time for courier missions

Post by StarSurfer »

Currently a courier mission gives the following info:

Current Contract: Con-Fed Stunner
Units Required: 54
Courier Fee 42,778 CR + Distance Bonus: 3,353 CR

Delivery: You will need to source the items and courier them to Beltaine within 48 hours of accepting this contract.

the start time is in small print at the bottom of the screen: GT: Jun 27th 9:02 am
So if the user doesn't write that down and isn't able to complete it instantly it has a high probability of being missed

Problem: If you return to the mission statement later, that start time is not included and there is no way to know when it expires.
----------------------------------------
Suggestion: add the starting time to the delivery requirement, and use that instead of the time of acceptance. This is a minimal change and doesn't require any more info to be applied when the contract is accepted.

New wording:
Delivery: You will need to source the items and courier them to Beltaine within 48 hours of GT: Jun 27th 9:02 am

Note: That delivery statement including the expiration time needs to be repeated if the player accesses the mission later.
StarSurfer

Auto-renew contracts

Post by StarSurfer »

We have quite a lot of self-sustaining settlements from no-longer active players. Some of them had terrific permanent installations. But as the business contracts expire, the empty slots leave the remainder of the settlement useless or nearly so. It's better than having all the settlements disappear, and allows players to return after an extended absence. But it would be even better if they could continue to function for the benefit of visiting players.

I suggest that for at least some contract types, the player could have it auto-renewed rather than expiring. Some obvious examples are CSTS, Ashar/Wesbec and Svens. This would benefit players who don't play regularly. Even more, it would be a big help for the entire community and keep the game looking more active and alive.

How to implement this:
Create a settlement business manager that could be purchased from CE store.

The owner could select which contracts would auto-renew; alternatively there would be a few that the business manager always renews if present. I'd prefer to have it determined by the owner, since the fees could cause a settlment to fail because it took it over the line of self-sustainability.

Possibility: the owner's guild could purchase the settlement business manager for an inactive settlement of a guild member -- I'd like opinions on this.

I think this would be a powerful addition to CE that helps maintain an active game over the years.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Report the start time for courier missions

Post by Coops »

StarSurfer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:09 am Currently a courier mission gives the following info:

Current Contract: Con-Fed Stunner
Units Required: 54
Courier Fee 42,778 CR + Distance Bonus: 3,353 CR

Delivery: You will need to source the items and courier them to Beltaine within 48 hours of accepting this contract.

the start time is in small print at the bottom of the screen: GT: Jun 27th 9:02 am
So if the user doesn't write that down and isn't able to complete it instantly it has a high probability of being missed

Problem: If you return to the mission statement later, that start time is not included and there is no way to know when it expires.
----------------------------------------
Suggestion: add the starting time to the delivery requirement, and use that instead of the time of acceptance. This is a minimal change and doesn't require any more info to be applied when the contract is accepted.

New wording:
Delivery: You will need to source the items and courier them to Beltaine within 48 hours of GT: Jun 27th 9:02 am

Note: That delivery statement including the expiration time needs to be repeated if the player accesses the mission later.
Not sure if you noticed, but once you have accepted the mission (which clearly states how many hours you have to complete before you accept) but after you have accepted, when you go to the >View Tasks> NPC Missions to review what's required it shows the ACTUAL delivery on the title screen.

IE : Courier Mission : Delivery by Jul 1st 10:54 am (thats Game time).

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Auto-renew contracts

Post by Coops »

StarSurfer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:25 pm We have quite a lot of self-sustaining settlements from no-longer active players. Some of them had terrific permanent installations. But as the business contracts expire, the empty slots leave the remainder of the settlement useless or nearly so. It's better than having all the settlements disappear, and allows players to return after an extended absence. But it would be even better if they could continue to function for the benefit of visiting players.

I suggest that for at least some contract types, the player could have it auto-renewed rather than expiring. Some obvious examples are CSTS, Ashar/Wesbec and Svens. This would benefit players who don't play regularly. Even more, it would be a big help for the entire community and keep the game looking more active and alive.

How to implement this:
Create a settlement business manager that could be purchased from CE store.

The owner could select which contracts would auto-renew; alternatively, there would be a few that the business manager always renews if present. I'd prefer to have it determined by the owner, since the fees could cause a settlement to fail because it took it over the line of self-sustainability.

Possibility: the owner's guild could purchase the settlement business manager for an inactive settlement of a guild member -- I'd like opinions on this.

I think this would be a powerful addition to CE that helps maintain an active game over the years.
Answered this one in a separate thread as I feel it may need some player discussion and feedback.

viewtopic.php?t=4284
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Barag

Player Settlement Corporation Offices

Post by Barag »

I know i have asked about this in the discord chat before.
I was just wondering how hard would it be (coding wise) to slave the player offices to the nearest NPC office. Like say Sassion in Palham, Sphere.
Not sure how it would work out in the Furnace, seeing as there are three offices in that galaxy.
etching

Second Undock button

Post by etching »

Something that would be a time saver...

Currently the ‘Undock from XXX’ button at the bottom of the Promenade menu is used to leave a Planet or Starbase.

Suggestion: How about putting a *second* Undock button in the space between
the Planet/Starbase name and the Secure Store icon in the header below?

A billion times a day I gotta scroll down to get to the Undock button,
so a second button at the top would be a helpful time saver! Thx :)

Coops
Site Admin

Re: Second Undock button

Post by Coops »

etching wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:32 pm Something that would be a time saver...

Currently the ‘Undock from XXX’ button at the bottom of the Promenade menu is used to leave a Planet or Starbase.

Suggestion: How about putting a *second* Undock button in the space between
the Planet/Starbase name and the Secure Store icon in the header below?

A billion times a day I gotta scroll down to get to the Undock button,
so a second button at the top would be a helpful time saver! Thx :)

Trialling it as we speak, I'm not 100% sure but will leave in place for player feedback.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Coops »

Removed as it seems for some it wraps the header and until I can figuer out 'Why' I will have to remove it.