JDN - Upgraded!

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

JDN - Upgraded!

Post by Coops »

There is a Suggestions Thread OVER HERE which I keep an eye on and dip into from time to time. One such suggestion was to add an Asteroid Locator option to the Jump Drive Navigator (JDN) device. If you don't own one or even know what they are, you can find them in the Aegis Store in game.

In basic terms, when sat at a jump gate active the JDN, and it will bring up a screen showing you all the Jump Gates in Range. Allowing you to choose one and jump DIRECTLY to that system. The JDN was added in the first few years of CE and have been used by many Captains ever since.

There is a range of Basic JDN's and an Advanced JDN Range also an Expanse Version.

The Basic ones give you access to the standard JDN functions and now ALSO the Asteroid locator as below :
jdn1.png
jdn1.png (67.85 KiB) Viewed 141 times
The Advanced Range is super helpful if you have Cargo or Passenger missions. It tracks those also and again like the top two options if allows you to jump Directly there! Cool Huh! The JDN Still uses fuel so it's not magic, but it does remove the 'no where was that system' from the Travelling from A-B.

Here's the Advanced Version :
jdn2.png
jdn2.png (86 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Seeing the JDN was getting a makeover, we have made it so it appears the same on most modern browsers and also added in a Bar to give new players a guide on Fuel Depots that also lists where they all are!

So if you don't have one, make your way in an orderly fashion and queue up at your nearest Aegis Store! Those using the Asteroid Field add-on can that the submitter of the Suggestion!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!