Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Fliver1024

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Fliver1024 »

I like the idea of a Orbital debris cleaning system.
I thought it might be acceptable to have a pod/account upgrade that increases the extractor limit to about 20.
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

I would most like to see some way of being able increase your chances of finding the rarer combat loots when fighting.
To my knowledge its complete luck what you get and from my experience they show very infrequently and the amount also low, couple this with how slow combat loot moves on the buyers market just makes crafting very frustrating.

Therefore how about some sort of training for your captain to increase the percentage of finding the rarer loot, maybe something similar to certificates
Marhsan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Marhsan »

Coops wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:33 pm
blackbeard wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:37 pm Life on settlements is hard, you are the subject of constant raids from pirate factions. On the plus side, at least if you fend them off, you get a little bit of loot falling to the surface. However this only represents a fraction of the loot generated from settlement attacks. The majority of the resulting debris zips around low orbit like so much missile like flotsam and jetsam. In the interests of safety, and let's face it, good old fashioned greed, we have developed the Orbital debris cleaning system. This deployable settlement structure utilizes tractor beam technology to retrieve the results of all those conflicts from orbit, sorting , recycling it, and ultimately providing it to the commercial store for use. The amount and quality of the resources retrieved is dependant on the research level obtained.
I like this one, interesting, anyone else feel the need to build and install a O.D.C.S (Orbital debris cleaning system) ?
Would depend on how it is implemented. If it is integrated into the Discovery project (and the AI containment one, forgot the name) as part of the battleship/ Ai defense, would agree to it, especially if its used to keep AI infiltrator units out.
Additional ideas:
Way to upgrade Berthas to the Expanse version
Expanded CES turn in: since we cannot sell/trade CES stuff, would recomend trading them in like what is curretly done with CES extractors
Fauna/mineral/radioactive/expanse DCMs. For regular and Expanse setts, since the the Flora one is kinda lonely
Barag

Post by Barag »

Some way to display or compares the 4 basic starter Corporation offices. As in what their output is (goods, AI resource, Credits, so on).
Thank you.
Patience

Post by Patience »

Love the new wreck salvage process but is there any chance it can be more balanced for AI wrecks?

At present, only 1 of the 4 slots gives AI material and the 3 others are standard resources. If you want standard resources you can hunt normal pirates and ships. Could the AI slots be increased to 2 of the 4 to reflect it's an AI wreck, one of them giving AI ores and the other AI components perhaps? That would help provide more balance 8-) Just a thought :idea:
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Patience wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:41 pm Love the new wreck salvage process but is there any chance it can be more balanced for AI wrecks?

At present, only 1 of the 4 slots gives AI material and the 3 others are standard resources. If you want standard resources you can hunt normal pirates and ships. Could the AI slots be increased to 2 of the 4 to reflect it's an AI wreck, one of them giving AI ores and the other AI components perhaps? That would help provide more balance 8-) Just a thought :idea:
I have considered this request and added AI loot to Slot Two. This section will only display AI loot, whereas Slot One has a 50/50 chance (as it was before this minor tweak). So Slot 2 is going to ONLY give you AI loot on AI wrecks. Both slots when selecting AI loot feed from a table with 194 various AI loots.

Go forth and loot those AI's with a renewed vigor :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Patience

Post by Patience »

Awesome :o

Thanks very much Coops - will be on my way to find some more AI ships after housekeeping.

Let's here it for Slot 2! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah !!!!!!
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
mropso

Post by mropso »

As a bit of help for captains as they transition from one role to another would it be possible to have saved configurations for your ship.

You set your ship up for combat and or salvage and save that configuration. Do the same for mining or exploration etc. When you want to change from one activity to another you dock at a planet (maybe it needs a particular facility) select the option you want and provided you have the equipment available your ship is automatically set up for the new role.

If you don't have the equipment, I am sure the AI will let you know with some pithy comment.

Perhaps each saved configuration could require an engineered special item in a slot. Remove the special and the configuration is lost and has to be reset.
Barag

Post by Barag »

The Emporium Buyers Market.
A way to make Emporiums be able to buy items from players.
A setup like the GBM, but it only gives you the option to buy items and not resources. That way the GBM is still useable for resources buying.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Rescue missions

Overview:

Captains send crewed vessels to AI occupied planets on rescue missions. This could carry over into the return to the core.

Captain would purchase schematics and build the rescue vessels (or hire them made at shipyards/starbases).

Captain would hire a certain number of crew from the Universal Staffing Agency (make-up based on mission level).

Crew would be hired for one mission only, then would return to the staffing agency for other deployments. So, while the ship is reusable, it would have to be crewed for each mission.

Rewards:

Similar to GLM war deployment missions based on mission level + Social Rapport Points

Mission level would start at level one and be based on number of people rescued.

Level 1: 1-25 rescued. Crew required 5

Level 2: 25-50 rescued. Crew required 10

Level 3: 50 to 100 rescued. Crew required 15

Level 4: 100 to 150 rescued. Crew required 25

Level 5: 150-250 rescued. Crew required 50

Further levels and requirements to be determined.

The above is just an example. I’ll leave it to Coops on exact parameters.

Captain would have ship and crew on their vessel, fly to the appropriate system and deploy the rescue crew. Captain would (remain in place? Or be recalled to pick up crew on completion of mission?) Not sure which option would be best.

Time required to complete mission would be tied to mission level?

So, there is the outline. Thoughts?
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!