Corporations and settlements

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Corporations and settlements

Post by alumoi »

Another brilliant idea brought to you by captain Alumoi: enable your own corporation main office to be located at your own settlement so you won't have to spread your resources all over the known universe.
TechnoBeast
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Corporations and settlements

Post by TechnoBeast »

That was brought up recently in Discord.

11:34 AM]OtherRick: Hey, @Coops , this came up the other day... When is Ellie Durant going to stock the Corporation Bureaus?

[11:35 AM]Korth: think the answer was not anytime soon, some settlements are not in a good location for Corp Capt Missions, distance/fuel wise.

[11:41 AM]Coops: As above, the issue (thats been there since I first came up with the idea of expanding the Corp Bureaus is the issue that some Settlements are simply in a terrible place to have a corp. Ive been REAL busy of late with a lot of other bits, but when I get some time to get sidetracked I will take another look see if I can find a solution.

TB
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Thanks for the info, but I still want MY corporation to be located at MY settlement :P
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Q: whats the public opinion on how much this is Really wanted?

It's been a real issue to resolve and whilst I can see a way through it I'd need to balance the time taken to resolve the issue (my side) to make this a reality. So looking for a hand up how many players would want one ?

I would also need to consider what happens when the settlement wraps up due to one issue or another ?

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

I'm the one who raised the idea, so I want MY corporation at MY settlement.
Well, to be frank (not my real name), what I really want is to share my commercial stores with my corporation so I won't have to shuttle resources between them.
BUT, if it's too much trouble coding side (and I admit I didn't consider the settlement wraps), I withdraw my idea.
Now, regarding the battleships, where do we get the blueprint so I can stock on the components? :D
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I'd like my corp based at my settlement. The two main desires are: sharing/transfer resources, and launching missions.

Corp manufacturing is a pain, transferring resources between the two CS locations, but as I only manufacture stuff
perhaps every other month or so, its tolerable for now.

Launching crew missions is more annoying. Perhaps expanding the View Assets/View Corp tab so that you can
launch missions from there (anywhere in the galaxy) rather than having to be at the corp HQ, would eliminate a lot of wasteful travel.
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

I too would like my Corp at my Settlement. If however it is difficult, then perhaps the previous posters idea would work. Expanding the View Assets > View Corp to allow for sending Corp Crew on new missions remotely anywhere in the galaxies would be great!

Captain, Yokose
mropso

Post by mropso »

I would like my Corp to be able to access my commercial stores at my settlement. If the best way to do that is to have my Corp based at a settlement than that would be fine.

Being able to send Corp Crew on missions remotely would be a huge bonus.

MrOpsO
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Having the corporation at the settlement makes sense, but if it is difficult to do, then I think at a minimum I would really like to be able to access my main resource store. We need to remember not all players have settlements, or in my case, the settlements are not developed enough to be home base yet. Would it be easier to set a default CS for the corporation? That would mitigate the resource transfer issue, and allow for all players, even those without settlements. As for missions, maybe add remote corp control as a VIP store option.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'll ponder this some more, moved it from the whiteboard to the blackboard, so may get my attention for a bit longer on this attempt to find a solution.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!