Just what are Certificates for?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Patience

Just what are Certificates for?

Post by Patience »

Recently passed the level 60 threshold for certificates and can start paying the inflated fees for them :o

Clear that Alien Certificates have their use in being able to use Alien items on your starship :)

But just what benefits do the Human Certificates bring?

Description is not helpful and can't find any primers or guides that tell me anything :cry:

Found out by accident that I need Refining Level 2 to proceed beyond 50 patterns in the Exile Foundry. That's a solid start :D

Can anyone point me to a useful link or post any other examples here.

Many Thanks 8-)
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
Fitzbacon

Re: Just what are Certificates for?

Post by Fitzbacon »

I cannot really answer your question for this has never been adequately explained to me either.....I do know you need a Superior Head Implant before you can go and get educated by the certificates. Can't remember the quest line for it.......

However, I will say that I was told that I need Industry, Metallurgy, Mining & Refining for the Exiles foundry and also for some reason the Mining Barge....although my Barge is level 14 and I have not been asked for any credentials so far....

As for the Alien Certificates, as you said for use of Alien stuff on the ship. No idea what level to get them to...Personally I am level 96 and my Alien Certificates are at level 2 only.

And that is all I can tell you....Perhaps this "Non Answer" will spur those with superior knowledge to hop on here and explain it in simple terms..

Fitz

PS....The FAQs and Guides on the Core-Exiles site are not very informative......So please you "Superior Knowledge" people please don't point me thither
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Most certificates are of no use, only a handful have ingame effects (as Fitz pointed out above).
I believe Coops stated several (including Alien ones) will be needed for battleships once that expansion arrives,
so if you hope to go that route, you should at least get a few of those done while waiting.
Some of those alien ones take over a month realtime each.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

For Battleships you will need at least level 1 in the following :

Basic - Level
Weapons
systems
Energy
Expander
Cabin
Shield
Propulsion

For each level learnt, these will add Bonus % to various sections / actions of your Battleship. As time goes on, and we expand and properly pad out the battleships, many more of these certificates will be utilised. So if in any doubt, learn at least level 1 in each of these mentioned above.

Currently, Certificates are used for various ships based items like Cargo Expanders, Reactors, Systems and Weapons. Also, they are used in Alien Crafting, over in the Forge as well and Settlement Salvage operations. Lastly, we have them used in the Advanced Refinery.

There are 98 certificates atm in game and I will over time make a use for them all. It was easier at the time to add them all in one go rather than dribble them in overtime. Battleships will use the next swathe (for command and control of the ship) with other certs being of advantage for key elements of the further operation.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Patience

Post by Patience »

Huge thanks to Fitzbacon, MarcSp & Coops - that's way more information than I had.

This gives me a start :D

Really interested in knowing if anyone knows which other Human certificates have some use, as they are more than a little pricey :o
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
TechnoBeast
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by TechnoBeast »

Have found out that the Salvage Section ones, as well as the general Salvage one I think, are used when salvaging ships at a shipyard. They increase the yields for the various stages.

TB