To SNARG or not to SNARG !

Have a question you can't find the answer for anywhere else ? Place it here and the community and staff will try to answer it best we can.
Patience

To SNARG or not to SNARG !

Post by Patience »

Spoiler Alert – if you want to do it all by your lonesome, DO NOT read any further :o

Having just invested about 8-10 hours solid on my iExile following the missions to catch a pet Snarg, I thought I’d let you folks know how it went. It’s certainly not one for the faint-heated, even with lots of preparation! That Jenny Levin over in Aurelia, out Furnace way, is a very demanding patron. And that’s being polite :evil:

So off you set on a chain of 12 missions to catch that wee timorous beastie. Searching high and low through derelict after derelict for her mission crates. She starts you off easy – only asking for a measly 10 crates but then she moves into overdrive asking for:

• Mission 2: 12 crates;
• Mission 3: 16 more crates;
• Mission 4: 14 garish yellow crates of neural nanites;
• Mission 5: 20 packs of Teflonzium sheeting;
• Mission 6: 18 heavy looking crates;
• Mission 7: 15 hexagonal amplifier nodes;
• Mission 8: 22 sparkling blue capacitor units – make sure you wear thick gloves for this one;
• Mission 9: 26 hexagonal implant shells;
• Mission 10: 24 plain grey crates;
• Mission 11: 25 green battered looking wooden crates;
• And finally Mission 12: 30 food crates for when you finally take your new pet out of cryogenic suspension!

So that’s a daunting 232 crates of bewildering colours, shapes and sizes :lol: And unless you have a friendly galactic leprechaun in your pocket, that equates to about 2 crates on average per derelict. So hopefully those nasty AI have been busy providing you with lots and lots of derelicts! One or two derelicts are better than most – keep a sharp eye out for Hydra Cargo Vessels (full stam & oxygen bottle for this one – well worth it), Pirate Bases and those strange Unknown Designation wrecks which can yield 4, 5 or even 6 crates if luck is with you, but most derelicts yield only 2, or even less for smaller ones. Stay big :idea: Although the Orbital Warehouse and Wyvern Assault Craft are full of other goodies too. So get ready to drink oodles of tea as you watch that derelict scanner cycle through derelict after derelict – just wait to pick the right ones that match your remaining oxygen levels.

Most importantly :!:, resist the temptation to do anything else than just search each compartment, no using tools, hacking or fighting other strange occupants you might find in there, as that will only make you spend even more resources! All those other activities distract you from the end goal of those precious mission crates. I would advise you take a large cargo sled though, as you will find nice little piles of precious rare resources, even thracium gas, flux gas, rhodenon and pajozora amongst more common offerings. Filled mine up to the brim about 3 or 4 times.

And to do all that over those 8 hours, I got through a shed load of stuff (all figures are estimates). I’m not a complete anorak – well almost :shock: :

• 10 x personal shields;
• 100 x large oxygen bottles;
• 80 x 100 stamina & health stims;
• 2 remote iExile keyboards;
• And 1 very callused index finger!

But Hubbub is certainly worth all that effort, least I hope he is. Now off for a well earned sleep, if he will stop yowling for yet more pet treats :roll:
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!