Who will own the Battleships?

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gabby Newsome
CE ISN Reporter

Who will own the Battleships?

Post by Gabby Newsome »

Hello fellow spacefarers! It’s Gabby Newsome with the news you can use..

I’m back with some answers to a few important questions that you may or may not have thought of.

The main question is who OWNS the battleships?

Individuals and guilds will have sunk billions of credits in resources and manufacturing into the creation of these behemoths, but who actually owns the finished product?

It’s complicated because not only did you build these, you are going to be the pilots and crew as well!

Wait? What? Why?

That’s right folks, you, civilian Captains, will be running these battleships. Of course, this will be under the direct supervision of the military. According to my sources, you will be under “directed missions” to begin with. You will most likely be given specific objectives to proceed.

Why? Well, simply because the military doesn’t have the captains available for this size of an armada. Over the centuries, the Sphere has become much more peaceful; military forces and enlistments have declined. I have also been informed a number of captains and vessels have perished in the attempt to crack worm-hole travel.

My source, VERY high in the military, also said the military likes to know their opponent, their tactics, the battleground, the number of forces (offensive and defensive) and then they create a nice battle-plan.

They don’t have ANY of the answers. Sphere Captains have proven themselves capable of adaptation, critical thinking and overcoming adversities in the oddest of circumstances. They will know these vessels inside and out.

The other thing is, military commanders are used to having vessels full of enlisted men to order around. They aren’t used to actually “flying” a vessel. These new Battleships have a very low crew requirement. This type of environment is more suited to civilian captains, than military officers.

It is unknown at this time whether you will be military conscripts, contractors under military direction or something else entirely. There is rumor that some in the halls of congress are arguing for resurrecting Letters of Marque and allowing captains to act as privateers on behalf of the Sphere! This would allow Captains to keep some or all of the salvage from the vessel as payment.

These are interesting times we live in!

This is Gabby Newsome, signing off.
Star Field Reporter - ISN NEWS