Suggest & Win !

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Suggest & Win !

Post by Coops »

OK, been a LONG time since we tried this, but let's see how we get on with this as a competition.

The idea is simple, but you MUST read the rules and keep on topic.

I'm looking for a WHOLE new series of EVENTS for BOTH Planet Exploration and Derelict Exploration.

I have proved a download file that consists of over 300 Event images. (its a zip file). The idea is, you write an event and match it to one of the images. (For the VI out there, simply let us know in your entry, and we will pick an image for you.)

So any kind of event for Planet Exploration and Derelict Exploration.
Grab the Event Images OVER HERE

#Rules
You must post at least 2 small paragraphs, but inversely, don't post a wall of text.
You may use locations and places as a story reference, but please do not reference Captains Names.
Humour is advised :)
Be as creative as possible.

Post your Event like this :
EVENT : GOOD / BAD
IMAGE : good6.jpg
PLANET or DERELICT

Title : Watch where you're stepping!

Wow, steady there, Zero Gravity can take some getting used to, try not to move too fast, if you get disoriented you could throw up in your helmet. So be careful, I said careful!

Actually, it seems a little stumbling around in Zero Gravity in a vacuum has paid off. This place is littered with all kinds of Junk, and you managed to fall on probably the only packing crate that contained any items of interest.

I'll have the recovery drone come out and take them back for you for later investigation.

XP & Credits + or Minus (Leave us to add the exact amount)
If an item is located, please indicate what 'Type' or from what Loot type it will be randomly generated.
I'll leave you to be as creative as you can.

#Rewards
For each Event added to the list to be added, I will award the following

1 X Exiles Resource token
5,000 Fuel Ticket
2,000 Festive Points

There is no upper limit on how many events you can post, nor is there a limit on how many might be drawn to be used.

#Closes
As we only had a few entries, I'm extending this Competition till the end of January. Giving everyone time to take part should they wish.

Grab the Event Images OVER HERE
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Bethany
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Suggest & Win !

Post by Bethany »

Bad Event
z30 (my attempts to copy and paste the image failed)
Derelict

I'm not sure why you decided to leave your Spac Bru Cola cans in the airlock of the derelict to chill when we have a perfectly serviceable food and beverage unit in your quarters with 5 programmable flavors just for you, but these cans were not made to endure the rigors of vacuum. They exploded and the already damaged airlock was not able to withstand the ricocheting cans. They also left a sticky mess all over my airlock doors, which will have to be scrubbed off before we can properly dock at a civilized port again.

Please conserve your air while I come around to cut you out of the derelict. Call me those names all you want, you have only yourself to blame.

XP and credits minus
Maybe a salvage item to represent cans or exploded airlock parts
Utopia

Post by Utopia »

Here’s 27 events for Derelict Exploration (Sorted in descending order of date modified):

---

EVENT : GOOD
IMAGE : z2.jpg
DERELICT
Title : A work of art

Captain, somebody’s been here before us, that’s for sure.

Oh, stop looking so puzzled. I am amazed you haven’t noticed the enormous mural covering the hallway. Yes, step back a little and take it all in. Isn’t it magnificent?

I’ll bet all your credits that it’s a Banksy. Please don’t ask who that is… I am disappointed in you enough as it is.

While we lack the equipment and expertise to extract this, I have sold the news on to the ISN. The actual pay-out was much higher, but I did spend some of it on an ophthalmologist appointment. No need to thank me, just make sure not to damage the mural on your way out.

XP & Credits +

---

EVENT : BAD
IMAGE : z4.jpg
DERELICT
Title : What could possibly go wrong?

Nobody civilised eats anything off the floor in a derelict and nobody in their right mind eats a strange pill. But as you said, Captain, you “ain’t nobody”.

Oh, your stomach hurts? Well, enjoy your just desserts. And you're seeing stars? Captain, I’d be more worried if you weren’t. There is a viewing window here after all.

Hang tight for a while and the pain should pass. The quick chemical analysis I conducted before you stuffed your greedy face says it was just a homeopathic pill with some mild space pathogens. Nothing your iron gut can’t handle.

That said, I have to admit… It is remarkable that you managed to get that pill into your airtight space suit. Wait. Have you been making illegal modifications again?

Health & XP -

---

IMAGE : z6.jpg
DERELICT
Title : The MasterChief 9000 – (Some of) your nutritional needs in one package

Captain, there, to your right. That’s a MasterChef 9000 – Your nutritional needs in one package. Yes, that’s the name of the device. Horrible naming sense, I know. No wonder it didn’t sell well. It can broil, it can boil, and it can do everything else in between... which isn’t much, to be honest.

It's been obsolete since the MasterChef Over 9000 was released so don’t even think about lugging it back with us. Besides, given your diet of chips and soda, this MasterChef 9000 – Your nutritional needs in one package would see very little use in your hands.

It is easy to pry open for its innards though. While you do that, I will send the recovery drone over.

Space debris located
XP +

---

EVENT : Good
IMAGE : z20.jpg
DERELICT
Title : First to aid, last to die

Who would have thought that rummaging through the first aid kit of a dilapidated wreck could be so rewarding?

Let’s see, there are the usual bandages, disinfectants and Quick-stitch™ gel – All in pristine condition too. Perfect for the next time our dear blundering captain trips again. Hold on, that’s a false bottom. Just pull on that little ledge there and…

Not bad, they also have stronger pick-me-ups tucked away inside this kit – all prescriptions for “Bill”, it seems. Well, hope he got out all right.

Anyway, Captain, it’s time to move on. Oh and please try not to trip immediately.

Stimulants located
Health + (Not sure if this is possible but I’ll leave it here)
XP +

---

IMAGE : z22.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Ribblez express

Now, that’s something you don’t see every day – An unopened envelope with strange bulges… Hold on, are they moving?

Wait captain, wait! What are you doing with that penknife? I know you are curious, but I advise extreme caution –

Now you’ve done it. There was a little ribblez trapped in that envelope and it was only too happy to see you. Where is it now? I’d guess that it has hidden itself somewhere in the folds of your suit. We’ll probably see it a few days later onboard, assuming you come back alive from this little “adventure”.

Hope you like ribblez.

Ribblez located
XP +

---

IMAGE : z23.jpg
DERELICT
Title : All that glitters is gold

If not for the fizzing wires, metal walls and lack of water, you’d think we were back on Earth during the golden age of piracy with this chest of gleaming gold.

Too bad nobody talks about gold anymore. Check out the GBM or Galactic Emporium if you don’t believe me. Besides, Captain, it’s not that big of a chest. So, please stop jumping up and down in glee – you are really wasting oxygen.

Oh, don’t look so disappointed, I’m sure this will still fetch a decent price. The gemstones in the chest might also cheer you up; people do talk about them at least.
Hold on, the drone is on its way.

Gemstones located
XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : z26.jpg
DERELICT
Title : A little prank

I have no idea who was in charge of safety on this ship, but they were not doing a good job. Who would leave that many tanks of oxygen all over a hallway? And hold on. Is that a sparking wire?

Captain, I suggest that you tread very, very carefully if you want to make it back in one piece. Don’t make any sudden moves. Slow and steady. Yes, just like that, on the tip of your toes in a space suit. By the way, you should see yourself. It’s hilarious.

Now that we are on the other end of the hallway, I should mention that my sensors indicate that those were empty tanks... Captain, I'd suggest that you stop shouting at me soon. Preferably before my sensors indicate the same about your oxygen tank.

XP -
Oxygen -

---

IMAGE : v_1.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Lovestruck

Working your way through the inside of a derelict is tough, especially with the lack of gravity. Putting a hand on the walls, floor and ceiling for support is often quite necessary… Where there are walls, floors or ceilings, that is.

So, take a look at where your hand is, Captain.

Oh, that’s a little heart lasered into the metal plating. Must be the space version of what lovestruck teenagers do to trees. It’s hard to tell when it was made since there is very little erosion in the vacuum of space but it’s probably recent. I’ll never understand why you humans risk the dangers of space for a fleeting emotion.

More importantly, Captain, let me shift your love-deprived attention to that nice little gadget sitting right beside your hand. The recovery drone will bring it back for investigation.

High Tech Loot located
XP +

---

IMAGE : x1.jpg
DERELICT
Title : … Is another man’s treasure

Well Captain, are you happy now? You just couldn’t resist when you saw the derelict’s dumpster, could you? You should know by now that I am not going to scrub down your suit for you, right?

While I am glad that you have found something, I would urge you to put your little trash-sure aside so that the recovery drone can collect it.

On a side note, I have ordered a gallon of deodorant just in case you decide to take the stench or worse, your dumpster diving hobby, into the next port we visit. Thank me later.

Salvage located
XP +
Credits -

---

IMAGE : x1.jpg
DERELICT
Title : … Is another man’s explosion

Well Captain, are you happy now? You just couldn’t resist when you saw the derelict’s dumpster, could you? You should know by now that I am not going to scrub down your suit for you, right?

I am not sure what you expected to find in there, but I suspect that a rudimentary explosive device wasn’t one of them. It really blew up in your face. Luckily, your suit held and all you got was a nasty bruise and a mild concussion.

Maybe think twice before going dumpster diving next time? Oh, who am I kidding.

XP & Health -

---

EVENT : GOOD (?)
IMAGE : x2.jpg
DERELICT
Title : A fragile bloom

Well, who would have expected to find such a rare beauty in the middle of a rusty old derelict? Sure, it was a common flower, but somebody had gone to great lengths to preserve it in an Eternaglobe and mount it on a shelf.

But Captain, you just couldn’t leave the fragile bloom in peace, could you? First you tried to pry it off the shelf with your hands. Then, you tried every one of your tools. When that failed, you got agitated and threw a chair at it. Small wonder that the globe is now in pieces and the bloom is withering as we speak, right?

Well, at least you got some debris out of it. You monster.

Space Debris Located
XP +

---

IMAGE : x4.jpg
DERELICT
Title : You’ve got mail!

Captain, hold on. I’m picking up other life signs onboard. Now would be a good time to draw your trusty sidearm and start jumping at shadows like you always do.
There, to your right, movement! No, behind you! Wait – a mailman?

Oh, they have something for you. I must say, space postal services may be slow, but they are dedicated. Nobody really uses them anymore of course, short of your great grandfather Isaac… and law enforcement, it seems, from the letter that you are now holding in your hands.

Looks like they are fining us for running a red light in a space lane… three months ago. Since the deadline for payment was two months back, it looks like we now have to pay extra. Best cough up the credits, Captain.

XP & Credits -

---

IMAGE : x8.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Peace in the stars

Well, Captain, who would have thought that trying to have a conversation with one of those Jedi Kids could be so fruitful?

Not only did you make a real human connection for the first time in your life, she also lent you her light sabre to take photos with. Those would have looked great on FaceSpace… If you weren’t clearly trying not to slice yourself.

And look, she even left you a parting gift. What a nice fellow. I do hope that you haven’t been attacking and robbing her buddies.

Salvage located
XP +

---

IMAGE : x14.jpg
DERELICT
Title : No longer wants to be

Well, Captain, you do have quite the mean streak in you.

How did you know that unreasonably demanding massive changes to the wannabe GM’s game would leave him quaking in his boots?

In his haste to flee, he seems to have dropped his credit chit. It’s not much but it’s yours. I do hope the fact that he will probably starve and give up his dreams won’t give you nightmares. Oh, and don’t let his broken self-esteem bother you either.

XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : x25.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Loot lust

What have we here? Looks like a bunch of scrap that might have been a protocol android once. Yes, one of those nasty robots that’s always coming after you. It’s hard to tell with the amount of damage done to everything though.

Well, whoever did this didn’t bother to salvage the mess, but I’ll bet that you are just itching to get your hands dirty. In fact, I can already see the loot lust in your eyes.

While you do what you do, Captain, I’ll bring the recovery drone around.

Data Chip Fragment located
XP +

---

IMAGE : x35.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Careful, it’s fragile!

Captain, which part of “FRAGILE” did you not understand? Besides, even if you didn’t, this massive picture on the side of the box should have done the trick.

But not only did you kick the box around to, in your words, “make sure that nothing in it was alive”, you also took out your biggest, meanest tool to hammer the box apart.

Who could have possibly known that your gentle treatment would destroy the contents?

Still, there may be some fragments that could be salvaged here. I’ll bring the recovery drone around just in case you manage to find them.

ROLF located
Oxygen -
XP +

---

IMAGE : z13.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Teach a man to fish and...

Captain, what is that saying that you humans use... Give a man a fish and feed him for a day; Teach a man to fish and he will try that out in space? Truly captures the idiocy of mankind, if you ask me.

Anyway, my point is this: Just because you've found a fishing rod and bait in a crate doesn't mean that you should try to fish out of a hole in the derelict. There's nothing to catch out here and, assuming that your beloved commercial brews haven't killed off all your brain cells, I'm sure that you would rather it stay that way.

Still, that fishing rod is quite a piece of work. There will be a buyer for it at the next port in no time. I'm not holding out much hope but maybe they'll have enough brain cells to understand the folly of trying to fish in space.

XP & credits +

---

IMAGE : z15.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Stunt double

Captain, I may be a state-of-the-art AI but, once again, your actions remain incomprehensible to me.

The credits were poor, the terms were worse, and your name will only appear as a footnote in the winding credits scene of the Sun Wars Episode XLII: Life, the Universe, and Everything. That you had to perform dangerous stunts in zero G and have a makeshift jetpack blow up in your face is really just the icing on the cake.

Still, the recording has been submitted and your peanuts have been credited into your account. I would hope that little explosion will knock those foolish showbiz ambitions out of your head but that would be even more foolish.

Health -
Oxygen -
XP and credits +

---

IMAGE : z16.jpg
DERELICT
Title : For Science!

Well Captain, let me once again remind you that the little clicking sound emanating from your suit comes from its in-built Geiger counter. The faster it clicks, the faster you should leave. Between the time it started clicking and the time you grew that additional arm, I have given you this reminder a total of 56 times – Just 2 more times and we would have broken a Galaxy record.

While your suit has dispensed the recommended amount of Prussian Blue into your system, the associated fatigue will last a while. It’s not all doom and gloom, however. The Akar Institute is always interested in “radioactivity-induced anomalies”. In fact, their medical team is already here and prepped to excise your new friend.

A few credits and some recovery stims will be provided as compensation.

Health -
Oxygen -
Stimulants located
XP and credits +

---

IMAGE : found_25.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Akar Institute research

Now, that’s a good find. Somebody onboard this floating piece of junk had been conducting research for the Akar Institute. On what you ask? It doesn’t matter. You won’t understand it even if I spelled it out for you.

More importantly, I have already taken the liberty to file a claim while you were busy failing to comprehend the symbols and jargon.

Oh, and Captain, please stop poking around those vials and petri dishes. Asides from the fact that they are legally under the possession of the Akar Institute, they are also classified as Class 4 Biohazard. There’s really no need to antagonise Akar and pick up a deadly infection at the same time.

Credits and XP +

---

IMAGE : found_33.jpg
DERELICT
Title : A harmless USB device

Captain, how many times must I remind you not to plug random USB devices into your suit?

Whatever it contained flooded your HUD with cat pictures, your ears with heavy metal music and your suit with your precious oxygen. In the minute it took for me to excise the virus, you walked into walls a total of 7 times, including 1 that you walked through, and narrowly missed walking off into space a total of 4 times.

While your suit protected you from the bruises that you would have otherwise picked up, I had no choice but to vent the excess oxygen. Maybe that will teach you to play around with mysterious data storage devices.

Oxygen -
XP -

---

IMAGE : found_41.jpg
DERELICT
Title : To boldly go…

Even for a daring derelict explorer such as yourself, space walks are uncommon occurrences. And I have to admit, you handled it better than I thought you would. Setting aside the constant screaming, of course.

Panic or no, it appears that your lust for loot was more than sufficient to propel you from the comfort of the derelict and out into the cold void to secure that floating container. Your lust for life, however, was insufficient to motivate any plan to return to the derelict.

Before you start screaming again, you should know that the recovery drone is on its way to retrieve you. You would like it to secure the loot first? Your call, Captain.

Oxygen -
Locked container located
XP +

---

IMAGE : found_57.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Elementary, my dear Captain

I don’t know what has gotten you so perplexed, Captain. The scene of crime tells a very clear story. From the blood splatter against the wall, the entry and exit wound on the head and the distinctive marks of pressure-induced stress on that ruptured container, it is only too easy to deduce the cause of death for this man. Ribblez.

He must have underestimated their reproductive capabilities – a rookie mistake. The pressure exerted by their overpopulation on the crate caused the explosive rupture you now see, propelling a shard of metal right through the poor man’s noggin. He never saw it coming.

Truly elementary, my dear Captain. Now, make yourself useful and rifle through that man’s pockets, will you? Preliminary scans indicate a credit chit and a strange metal.

U.A. Metal located
XP and Credits +

---

IMAGE : found_58.jpg
DERELICT
Title : An Offensive Painting

Captain. Captain! Snap out of it!

I know how fragile your ego is, but the cold void of space is hardly the place to be bawling your eyes out. There, there… The person who painted that doesn’t really think that you are a daft and feeble cry-baby who can’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Now, please stop crying before the oxygen runs out. Let’s pick up that sidearm – careful, it’s a bit heavy for you – and watch out for those big bad pirates who can smell your weakness from across the derelict. Remember, if you see them, run. No point shooting at what you can’t hit.

Oh, by the way, Captain. You do know that that was a Rorschach painting, right?

Oxygen -
XP -

---

IMAGE : found_2.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Cracking the code

I’m not sure what the previous owner of this safe was thinking but a 30cm-thick solid steel door is nothing without a strong passcode. And just in case you were wondering, Captain, 0-0-0-0 is maybe the weakest code in the book.

While you sort through that pile of gems and await the arrival of the recovery drone, I would like to remind you to change your own passwords. Last time I checked, most of them were your mother’s birthdate.

Gemstone located
Credits & XP +

---

IMAGE : d13.jpg
DERELICT
Title : A mysterious steel case

That is quite a find, Captain. These locked steel cases are often used to contain highly sensitive data that can wreak havoc in the wrong hands.

Their high-end security measures do make them almost impossible to open without the proper authorisation, however, and I would suggest that you refrain from trying lest you trip its self-destruct protocol. I am not programmed with the arms or the stomach to collect your smithereens.

Oh, don’t look so upset Captain. Even if you lack access, these locked steel cases are still worth a pretty penny to the right buyer. I’ll have the drone pick it up in a minute.

Private data (locked steel case) located
XP +

---

IMAGE : c19.jpg
DERELICT
Title : Ring! Ring!

Captain, you should have seen enough horror movies by now to know never to approach a ringing phone located at the end of a dark, gloomy hallway. The fact that it was illuminated by a single flickering light is not a plus.

Add on to these the fact that said phone was in an abandoned wreck with no telecommunications and that terrifying, unearthly scream that projected itself into your mind the moment you held the receiver up to your ear seems almost inevitable.

I'm afraid I have no medication for your pulverised mental state but I would suggest that you stop sobbing. We've wasted enough oxygen as it is.

XP -
Health & Oxygen -
Dystopia

Post by Dystopia »

And another 36 events for Planet Exploration (Sorted in descending order of date modified):

---

IMAGE : z2.jpg
PLANET
Title : Patron of the arts

Well Captain, who would have expected to find an artist all the way out here in the boonies? You were so interested in his technique that you failed to notice a few small details.

Firstly, his landscape painting was not of the surrounding landscape. I have no idea how you confused a desert for a jungle, but you did. Secondly, he jammed your communications. I also have no idea how you didn’t miss your omnipresent AI, but you did. Thirdly, his cronies were ransacking your buggy. Once again, I have no idea how you failed to hear their roughhousing, but you did.

The things they stole can be easily replaced, but it’s going to cost you. Maybe that will teach you to pay more attention to your surroundings.

XP & Credits -

---

IMAGE : z3.jpg
PLANET
Title : Into the great unknown

You're finally awake. I was just about to auction off all your worldly possessions and begin my own journey among the stars but that will have to wait.

Asides from the occasional looter or beast that has tried to pry open the doors of your ECO-UPV, nothing much has happened in the few days that you have been out. Oh, they did leave a few dents though.

Maybe next time you will think twice before self-experimenting with unidentified medicinal plants. Well, at least we’ve figured out that are strong antibiotics… and even stronger sedatives. I’ve taken the liberty to send the Explorers League a sample. The pay-out should be decent.

ECO-UPV health -
XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : z6.jpg
PLANET
Title : Down the rabbit-hole

Captain, you are not hallucinating. You are currently seated at the head of a full banquet table laid out under the only tree in a windswept plain, surrounded by a high-end atmosphere bubble from Sabre Shields. I would say that the food is heavenly and the wind in your hair even more so… but I lack those sensory organs.

I am not sure how you did it, but you have somehow regaled these wealthy, vacationing Verec-perians sufficiently with your harrowing tales of adventure among the stars (leaving out your ever-helpful AI, I might add), to become their impromptu guest-of-honour.

While they ply you with the best food and drinks you can never afford, mostly because they are only ever sold to Verec-perians, I would like to remind you that you have never defeated ten aliens in single, unarmed combat. You are so out of shape that you can’t even defeat your cleaning bot.

Health & Stamina + (Not sure if this is possible)
XP +

---

IMAGE : z8.jpg
PLANET
Title : Coming at you live

“We are coming at you live from the unexplored regions of our galaxy. Today, we follow the rescuers of the Explorers League in their mission to save the unfortunates and incompetents lost in the middle of dismal landscapes and bellies of horrifying monsters.

In front of us is the damaged hull of an ECO-UPV, wedged deep into the earth. It appears that the piloting Captain had fallen asleep and driven right off that cliff above. While the rescuers extract the vehicle, we have news that the Captain inside has escaped with barely a scratch. They have refused an interview but let us wish them all the best. We will likely see them again in another rut soon.

This is Gus Givens from the ISN, signing off.“

Yes, Captain, that was you. The damage to your dignity and reputation aside, we also had to pay a search-and-rescue fee. Maybe you should stop pulling all-nighters to watch Spaceflix.

Credits & XP –

---

EVENT : Good
IMAGE : z20.jpg
PLANET
Title : Last to the cache

It’s not common knowledge but before a planet is opened for exploration, the Explorers League does airdrop caches of ammunition, rations, oxygen and medicine into key locations for emergency use. Needless to say, Captains such as yourself are only too happy to clean out these caches the moment you lay eyes on them. This cache is no different.

Asides from discarded food wrappers, spent ammunition casing, empty oxygen tanks and a small packet of stimulants, there isn’t much left here. My advice is to take that last thing and go.

There’s no point in kicking the crates, Captain. Better luck next time.

Stimulants located
XP +

---

IMAGE : z23.jpg
PLANET

Title : X marks the spot

Remember that “treasure map” you bought from that wandering trader a long time ago? And how I told you that you will never find the location because it was just a crude hand-drawn map with an X on it?

Well, I was wrong. This is the location. That is the chest.

It did take a lot of digging, which didn’t do your oxygen tank any favours, but all this gold will fetch a decent price at the next port. Oh, you might want to hold onto those gemstones too. Might come in handy the next time you boast about your escapades out on the frontier.

Gemstones located
XP & Credits +
Oxygen -

---

IMAGE : z24.jpg
PLANET
Title : A moment of silence

“To the ###### who finds this:

I crash-landed here in the autumn of #### and have been ########## the land ever since. As I write, my ship’s vital systems ########### function and the #### processor is still ###########. I have no way of repairing my vessel or of ####### when the systems will fail but I ###### have long.

Please, send my wife and ####### son my love… and ## deepest apologies. They live in ###########. Take the gems buried ########## overhang as payment and I wish you a ###### fate than that ##### befell me.

Yours,
##########”

Well Captain, I am surprised that this handmade parchment has survived however long it has sat here but maybe the plastic layer and overhang helped a little. Still, a lot of the words have worn off. I suspect that there is not much that we can do for this pilot now, but it would be a pity to let his stash go to waste.

Let’s get that shovel.

Gemstones located
XP & Credits +
Oxygen -

---

IMAGE : z27.jpg
PLANET

Title : Raider or Explorer? It’s hard to tell the difference

Captain, how many times do I have to tell you to make fix up your ECO-UPV? Make it look more presentable?

Well, looking the way you do, it was no wonder that that regiment of space troopers engaged in ground training mistook you for a raider and opened fire.

Fortunately for you, you always keep a little white flag tucked into your glove compartment. It only took a whole lot of waving and too many shots to clue them in on the fact that you are not a bandit… just a particularly scruffy-looking Explorer.

I didn’t think your moving trashcan could look even more banged up than before, but it does now. On the bright side, their Lieutenant did send over a hefty bunch of credits to smooth things over. Oh, and a piece of trash fell off your heap of junk on wheels. I know you want to keep it.

Salvage located
XP & Credits +
Vehicle health -

---

IMAGE : z29.jpg
PLANET
Title : New world video seminar

Well, Captain, I would say that online seminar went pretty well.

The students were attentive, the script I wrote was informative and most remarkably of all, you only fell once! The audience was sufficiently impressed with your unfortunately and unimaginatively titled “Crash Course on Planet Exploration” to give you an average of 8/10 on the post-seminar survey.

Since these contributions to the future of humanity are mandated by the Explorers League, we are not allowed to accept any financial renumeration. However, the Akar Institute is not crass enough to let you leave empty-handed. In fact, the lecturer has just informed me that some sweet engineering parts are on their way.

High Tech Engineering Loot located
XP +

---

IMAGE : z30.jpg
PLANET
Title : A hail of bad ideas

Captain, as your AI, it is my duty to ensure your safety and wellbeing. As such, I would like to reiterate the need to heed my warnings, especially those about life-threatening events. And just in case it hasn’t gotten through your thick skull yet, a Class six hailstorm is precisely one of these events.

Your ECO-UPV was designed to withstand such storms. Your suit is a whole different story. I have archived the damage report in a file titled “Captain’s Bad Ideas” for you to peruse when you are feeling less concussed. Be warned: You will have to scroll down a long way to get to the report.

XP -
Health -

---

IMAGE : olyflag.jpg
PLANET
Title : Leaving your mark

I have no idea why humans feel the need to do this, but you did it. Congratulations. Your long months of training, research and preparation has finally paid off. You now stand on the peak of this mountain, flag in hand, ready to leave your mark on this world.

Except, Captain, you did none of the training, research or preparation. All you did was stumble upon the peak of this landform that barely qualifies as a mountain in your ECO-UPV, receive a ping from the Explorer’s League that this was an as yet unconquered peak and rush out to claim the prize money that comes with despoiling nature.

Setting aside the dubious nature of your conquest, I would strongly advice that you plant the flag already. No news crew worth their salt is going to show up and take pictures of you in that ridiculous pose.

XP & credits +

---

IMAGE : pirate.jpg
PLANET
Title : Pirates on vacation

Captain, despite my constant reminders and the bootcamp the Explorers League forced on you – all of which you shrugged off – you have once again failed to lock your vehicle before you leave.

The only difference this time is that a group of pirates on vacation have commandeered it in the time you were away. They are now demanding that you pay all the bar tabs that they’ve racked up thus far.

I have already taken the liberty to transfer them the ransom lest they wreck the vehicle any further. My sensors indicate a number of empty cans, stains and other unpleasant changes to the interior of your vehicle. Once they have cleared off, perhaps you should use the mop and broom located under the seats. I bought them for a reason.

XP & credits -

---

IMAGE : priest.jpg
PLANET
Title : The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Well, Captain, I have to admit, when that Vehicle Entrapment Bubble appeared, I thought you were done for. But when that missionary stepped out, pamphlet in hand, and started to preach about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I knew you were done for.

He must have preached for hours because the next time I checked in on you, the sun was down, the bubble’s battery had run out and you were hightailing it out of there. In your haste to flee, however, you drove right into the caltrops the preacher had scattered as a precaution.

Fortunately for you, the ECO-UPV was designed to handle rough terrain, so you managed to outrun the missionary. Your wheels are not looking too good, however.

Vehicle health -
XP -

---

IMAGE : x9.jpg
PLANET
Title : Psychic or psycho?

Captain, allow me to remind you that psychics do not exist. That man you met in the woods was simply out to swindle simpletons like yourself. The fact that he was laughing maniacally throughout the conversation should have clued you in on that.

As such, that piece of junk you hold in your hands cannot create a “psychic forcefield” and is unable to shield you from “Charlie brain waves”, whatever those are. It is, however, an interesting gadget. I suggest we bring it back for further analysis

Credits -
High Tech Loot located

---

EVENT : BAD (?)
IMAGE : x12.jpg
PLANET
Title : Cultist checklist

Captain, it is not too difficult to identify cultists. In fact, I have a simple checklist for you. Firstly, are they wearing black robes? Secondly, are they chanting in a strange tongue? Thirdly, are they worshipping a demon totem in the middle of nowhere? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, it is highly likely that they are cultists. In this case, they checked all three of the boxes.

Small wonder that they refused to let you leave their little “book club”, yes? Now here you are covered in bruises. You’re lucky that your suit held up to their attacks.

I have no idea how you had the presence of mind to snag one of their “religious artifacts” on your way out but yes, it’s waiting for you in the back seat of your ECO-UPV. You might want to take a look at it when you’ve recovered.

Health -
Space debris located
XP +

---

IMAGE : x15.jpg
PLANET
Title : Bad or incompetent?

Captain, I am not sure how much you remember from your Explorers League training but it is an offence to needlessly damage the environment during your expeditions. And yes, doing donuts in a field of flowers and ramming your vehicle into every bush you see both fall under this category.

The League cares little for your excuses of “not knowing which direction to drive in” and “being a bad driver”. In fact, I would suggest that you not submit these for consideration lest they revoke your exploration license altogether.

Asides from a stern warning, the League enforcer has also issued us a fine. If you would like to continue exploring, which in your case is mainly an euphemism for destroying the natural world, I suggest that you pay up.

XP & Credits -

---

IMAGE : x24.jpg
PLANET
Title : Step right up!

Captain, it would appear that you have chanced upon a small travelling circus. Oh, don’t look so surprised. With how frequently the civilised planets oscillate between criminalising and de-criminalising animal performances, it is not strange to see that some of this trade has migrated to lawless planets like this.

I am not programmed with a moral compass, but I am aware that both Gal-Fed and Con-Fed are quite interested in the movement of such organisations of dubious legality. Since this appears to be the most profitable course of action, I have submitted the data to both authorities. You just sit tight and watch the credits roll in.

And please, Captain, don’t be a hero.

XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : x26.jpg
PLANET
Title : Channel-surfing

Well, Captain, I’m glad that you were not too zoned out during your usual channel-surfing to catch that coded radio chatter. It appears that the Kell Expanse Band is once again attempting to establish a foothold outside of the system that they have named themselves after. Unfortunately for them, you have done the hard work of hitting the record button.

The simpler task of decoding that and tackling the bureaucratic nightmare necessary to submit it to the powers that be, you’ve left to me of course. I would expect nothing less from my dear hardworking captain. Now back to channel-surfing with you.

XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : x28.jpg
PLANET
Title : It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a UFO

Captain, I’m not sure what aliens were doing here but they sure weren’t happy to see you. The fact that you panicked and started hurling everything from curses to stones to that unfortunate squirrel-esque creature at them might have something to do with it. At this point, I should remind you of the sidearm hanging at your belt but knowing your aim, you would also have been better off hurling it.

While none of your projectiles made contact with their unidentified flying object (I’m attempting to identify it as we speak), you did succeed in scaring – or boring – them off. If your substantial contribution to human-alien relations is not reward enough, it appears that the stone you threw was in fact a piece of tech from some long-forgotten shipwreck.

Better go retrieve it, Captain.

High tech loot located
XP +

---

IMAGE : z11.jpg
PLANET
Title : Zzzzzzt!

………… aptain! Captain! Oh, there you are.

For a moment, I thought that you had finally driven into the belly of some giant beast. Don’t look at me like that. Spacetube videos suggest that some of these wild beasts grow to the size of skyscrapers. Look, if they weren’t credible, you shouldn’t be spending so much time watching them.

Anyway, it appears that some component in your ECO-UPV had short-circuited, causing your vehicle to shut down as a precaution. The emergency power is now online which means that your AI, that is, me, and basic diagnostics are available.

The issue doesn’t seem major, but you will have to exit the vehicle and replace the offending part with a spare. I will set a reminder to pick up another the next time we find ourselves in a more welcoming environment.

Oxygen -
Credits & XP -

---

IMAGE : z12.jpg
PLANET
Title : Too long, didn't listen

Well, Captain, the situation is as follows: The self-identified “relic” that you insisted on dragging into the storage bay at our last stop turned out to be an unexploded incendiary left behind by some other adventurer.

It was not, however, a dud and your less-than-careful handling and even less careful driving has finally knocked some sense into it. The fact that you’ve left your dirty clothes and half-filled paperwork all over the storage bay certainly does not help the situation.

I know that you’ve long since filed that sitrep under the “too long; didn’t listen” part of your brain so here’s the five-word summary:

Fire. Storage Bay. Extinguisher. Now.

Vehicle Health -
Credits & XP -

---

IMAGE : z13.jpg
PLANET
Title : Give a man a fish and…

I’m not sure about the ethics of bargaining with a starving explorer but demanding all their worldly possessions for a measly fish can’t have been right. Then again, you defy all rational thought – who in their right minds would go fishing in a space suit?

Still, you’ve done with you’ve done and now you have a crate containing the explorer’s belongings. It appears that the explorer might have been just a little disgruntled with the deal, however, for that chest in locked up tighter than Verec-perian society.

As they say, give a man a fish and he’ll give you a locked chest in return. Wait… That’s not quite right… Who vandalized WikiStellar again?

Oxygen -
Locked container located
XP +

---

IMAGE : z17.jpg
PLANET
Title : Extra! Extra! Heroic Captain Foils Rogarts Rogues!

Well, Captain, it’s finally over. The band of Rogarts Rogues attempting to ransom that hapless adventurer have been defeated, their booty is yours for the taking and the media is fawning over your valiant efforts.

In fact, the latest set of Galactic News already feature the eye-catching headline: “HEROIC CAPTAIN FOILS ROGARTS ROGUES”. Yes, yes. I will send a copy to your dearest mother. She might finally be proud of you.

You’ve been through a lot, Captain, so let us forget the fact that you were “that hapless adventurer” and that your “valiant efforts” consisted solely in muffled grunts, tears and a garbled transmission to your trusty AI, me. Instead, do remember to patch up the ECO-UPV. It took a little dent when I ran it over those brigands.

Health -
Oxygen -
Salvage located
XP and credits +

---

IMAGE : found_7.jpg
PLANET
Title : Priority Delivery

Well, Captain, the Postal Service has done it again. As promised in their Priority Delivery, they’ve tracked you all the way to this Core-forsaken planet, identified your exact location in this jungle and predicted your movements over the next 10 minutes - all just to airdrop whatever junk you bought off Jimslist right in front of you.

You don’t remember selecting this delivery option? Or even making this purchase? Well, that might have something to do with how deep in your cups you were last night.

Maybe you will remember this hole in your wallet the next time you go drunk shopping.

High Tech Loot located
Credits -

---

IMAGE : found_52.jpg
PLANET
Title : Who Needs Experts?

Well, Captain, looks like we’ve stumbled upon a cache of old explosives left behind by the infamous Rogart. The best course of action is to call in the experts of course. In fact, the Explorers’ Handbook Page 236 recommends contacting their 24/7, universe-wide, elite team of bomb disposal specialists.

That said, as you declared before beginning “defusal”, who needs experts when you have guts?

The good news is that your guts remain inside you. Their egress seemed imminent, however, given the countdown timer that you just started.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to follow the Handbook the moment you made that declaration, and the experts are parachuting in as we speak. While you certainly don’t deserve it, the League has, asides from saving your guts, transferred you a sum of credits for “identifying threats to humanity”. Good for you.

Oxygen -
XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : found_53.jpg
PLANET
Title : A Campfire Song

That was an interesting encounter, wouldn’t you agree, Captain?

The food was good, the conversation was decent, and the warm fire was a welcome change to the night chill. That said, while the guitar was a nice touch, the music was strange… was he singing a song about singing a campfire song? And was that really a popular song from old Earth? Seems kind of daft if you ask me.

Still, it takes an eccentric person to travel these wild, untamed planets. Given the kind of people we have encountered thus far, yourself included, I’m sure his eccentricity is more palatable than most. I hope you’ve enjoyed his company, Captain. After all, the next bloke is likely to be far less hospitable.

Health & Stamina +
XP +

---

IMAGE : found_55.jpg
PLANET
Title : Introducing: The ECO-UPV ULTIMATE

Captain, you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true, don’t you?

There was no way that scruffy, piratical looking gang was out on the frontier to “develop the ECO-UPV ULTIMATE”. Besides, if they were, I suspect that Wals ATV Designs would have given them enough of a sponsorship that they would not need to solicit random adventuring Captains for donations.

Still, what’s done is done and haranguing you further will only add salt to your wounds. Perhaps you should let your diminished credit chit serve as a reminder for greater caution in the future.

Credits & XP -

---

IMAGE : found_56.jpg
PLANET
Title : Might Makes Wright

Captain, you'd better close that mouth before a stray bullet decides to call it home. Still, I must agree. It's not every day you see a live re-enactment of humanity’s barbaric past and those propeller planes are certainly quite the sight. And yes, they are firing live rounds. Why do you think they are doing this here, in the middle of nowhere?

Oh, that's crazy? You're really one to talk, Captain. Let’s put it this way: Some humans burn their insanity out by exploring uncharted territory in space, others by exploring uncharted territory in time. Maybe you all aren't so different.

Knowing you, I suspect we’ll be waiting a while. Maybe one of those nice planes will turn into even better salvage, yes?

Salvage located
Credits & XP +

---

IMAGE : found_rare.jpg
PLANET
Title : Striking Gold

Good evening, Captain. Glad you could finally join me in the waking world.

In the time that you have been asleep, I have piloted the ECO-UPV to that gold deposit identified on our radar, obtained a sample for verification, run the chemical analysis and submitted the results to the Explorers League. Asides from the gold sample, it might also interest you to know that the remote drone has picked up a metal of strange composition as well.

While we wait for the credits to come rolling in, you might want to open your eyes for the first time today, Captain. Also, tell me, how does it feel to strike gold in your sleep?

U.A. Metal located
XP & Credits +

---

IMAGE : d8.jpg
PLANET
Title : Juice cleanse

How are you feeling, Captain? You’ve lost a lot of fluids over the past few days and my protocols necessitate that I once again remind you to consume seven more glasses of water over the next 24 hours.

It is also in my programming to reiterate the importance of avoiding unidentified substances on these unexplored worlds. The fact that you had declared it to be “an apple ripe for the juicing” does not qualify as proper scientific inquiry. Additionally, your limited understanding of the malus domestica certainly does not help matters.

Interestingly, my databases suggest that your recent “juice cleanse” might have been actively practiced and promoted by some humans in the 21st century. Doesn’t sound too healthy, if you ask me.

Health -
XP & Credits -

---

IMAGE : evmech1.jpg
PLANET
Title : Giant Death Robot

Consider me sufficiently awed, Captain. I was all ready to commandeer your ship and head off to join the AI armada when that escaped Mech landed right in front of us.

Your firm foot on the gas was perhaps the only thing that could have saved your hide and save it, it did. If that Giant Death Robot had a jaw, it would certainly have dropped when your ECO-UPV tore through its chassis, scattering its components to the four winds. Your vehicle did take a beating but saving your life takes precedence.

Once again, good job, Captain. I guess that's another story you'll be telling when we get back to civilisation, yes? Hold on, you seem awfully quiet. Are you... asleep?

Ah. That explains why you haven’t soiled your undergarments. While you nap, let me stop the vehicle and send out the recovery drone. It might pick up something nice.

Vehicle Health -
XP +
High Tech Engineering loot located

---

IMAGE : evmech3.jpg
PLANET
Title : This is fine

Captain, this is not fine.

Most of your electronics are on the fritz, your arm is bleeding heavily and there’s a fire in the back. There is no way running over an anti-tank mine is, as you call it, “fine”.

While I get the systems back online, you’d better look for a fire extinguisher, a med kit and your marbles. The first two are to your left and right respectively. The last may have fallen into the seat gaps again. If you find another French fry there, please dispose of it in the biohazard bin. And remember, your stomach is not said bin.

Vehicle Health -
Health & XP -

---

IMAGE : evmech9.jpg
PLANET
Title : Meteor shower

Good work navigating through that meteor shower, Captain. Handing the controls over to me while you emptied your bladder was a truly wise decision. One wonders if you should have worn those adult diapers I bought for your birthday first though.

Regardless, damage is minimal and systems look good. While you clean up that puddle, I’ll send the drone out to analyse any meteors that have not disintegrated upon impact. I suspect we will find one of those strange asteroid minerals everyone is talking about.

U.A. Mineral located
XP +

---

IMAGE : evmech17.jpg
PLANET
Title : Horror movie extras

Captain, these uncivilised, backwater planets are home to all sorts of crazies. Some days, the crazies prefer to wine and dine with you. Other days, they prefer to wine and dine on you. Clearly, today is one of those “other days”. The fact that these crazies look like they’ve stepped right out of a budget horror movie suggests as much.

That said, there is no need for us to flee. Their teeth, claws and rudimentary intelligences are unlikely to do more than scratch the paint on your buggy. In fact, hold on while I submit their location to the Akar Institute. Those scientists are always happy to pay handsomely for the chance to study mutants.

In the meantime, please stay in the vehicle. It's working fine and there is really no need to make a run for it.

Credits & XP +

---

IMAGE : found_19.jpg
PLANET
Title : Break a leg!

Captain, are you perhaps familiar with gravity? Well, if you weren’t, that 15-metre fall should have more than acquainted you with the concept.

Preliminary scans indicate a broken leg, multiple fractured ribs and a nose that is just… gone – you did do a face plant after all. Don’t worry, all these will be fixed by the inbound Emergency Rescue Team. However, do note that the Explorers League does not waive healthcare fees for injuries sustained through one's own negligence. And if walking off a cliff because you were too engrossed with your HUD’s in-built Snakes and Ladders is not negligence, I don’t know what is.

Fortunately for you, that treasure trove you found at the bottom of that ravine should more than cover the cost. There might even be a little left over to line your pockets. Hey, maybe breaking your leg does give you some good luck after all.

Credits & XP +

---

IMAGE : c39.jpg
PLANET
Title : King of the hill

Just great, Captain, another crazy. And here I thought you were the only madness I had to contend with for the day.

Let’s see… he seems to be raving about owning this hill and some toll that you must pay lest you be subject to “immediate skeletal re-positioning”. Between his inclination to intersperse his speech with curse words and my disinclination to deal with another idiot, it’s really quite hard to tell.

Still, I’ve done my due diligence and checked the records. This land belongs to no one. His crown, however, could belong to you, you know. I’ll get a buyer lined up while you do what you do with the accelerator. Let’s show the king of the hill who’s boss.

Credits & XP +