Mining Loot Maximizer...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Yokose

Mining Loot Maximizer...

Post by Yokose »

Have another suggestion… wondering what players will think of it? What do you all think of a Mining Loot Maximizer? It would be similar to the Combat Loot Maximizer. The Mining Loot Maximizer would help to increase what you get from mining. They could be crafted via blueprints, and have CE Store versions as well. Anyway, that’s my suggestion for this month, hope to see some interest. Have a great day all, and have fun playing!

Captain, Yokose
Hunbaba

Re: Mining Loot Maximizer...

Post by Hunbaba »

I like the idea in general, but considering current state of the mining, it is like putting a patch on a shotgun wound. It just wont do.

what i mean by current state:
-there are no mined only resources in the game, so you are better off using alternative ways
-introduction of high end mining drones that can bring in a whole array of different ores is hard to counter by active mining
-introduction of mining barges made whatever drones couldnt get accessible en masse as well for little effort other than initial investment
-in case you need a bit more of something, you can compensate using UA stuff
-in case you need a lot more of something, like frags, ERT is used
-only thing remotely going for a miner that i can think of is mining embaron in Expanse, but there are constant player requests for mining barges to gain access to Expanse as well and i am pretty much sure sooner or later they will gain it

what can be done?
Honestly i dont think this can be fixed without introducing what i dread most- new types of mined resources. Putting that aside, now might be a chance for exactly that. With battleship update we will be able to travel through nebula into uncharted space. For whatever reason we wont be able to deploy any kind of equipment there (that use structure, drone points) and everything will have to be done manually. Like combat, mining, salvaging...

Edit: problem with this is that considering how difficult it will be to gain access through nebula (building a battleship as example), this solution is for high end game play that isnt all that helpful