Recycle centre

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
blackbeard

Recycle centre

Post by blackbeard »

It occurs to me, while trying to recycle hundreds of salvage items one by one, that there should be an easier way to do things. Whether this is being able to recycle an entire stack (being able to do those 20 beam auras alone would have been a treat), or more ideally, multiple stacks at once. With all things, added convenience usually comes at a cost.

My proposal, the new settlement building - the recycling centre. You can of course still use the recycle plant on your ship, and if you have the right skill levels, certifications etc, you get 100% return and instant access to the resulting resources. For those patient and business savvy enough to take the manual route, you get that full reward.
For lazy people like myself, You have the recycle centre. How does it work? Much in the way it does scrapping ships in the shipyard. The percentage of return is based on the upgrade level of the recycle centre, plus refining skill and certification. The kickback, is that it takes time, based on the volume being processed, and the levy applied.

What is the levy you ask? The settlement takes a percentage of the generated resources, in the range of 5 - 10% Maybe that level is adjustable by the settlement owner. The motivation to upgrade your recycle centre is clear, the higher the return, the bigger your return is. as a business, if the levy can be made adjustable, you may choose to max out the upgrade level, then drop the percentage of the levy as a lure for clients, while still reaping the greater rewards of the extra efficiency. Win / win for host and client alike.
Maybe down the track other items can be recycled as well. I have so much of this space debris / high tech loot etc, I don't know what to do with it.

I think it would be a good addition, what say you?
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Recycle centre

Post by Coops »

/me assigns a BOB to monitor this one....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Yokose

Re: Recycle centre

Post by Yokose »

I think it is a great idea. I'm slowly building a stock pile of misc loot... and I shudder to think how long it would take me to recycle or submol it all. I hope that this will be implemented at some point. ;)

Captain, Yokose