Passenger Haulage

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Passenger Haulage

Post by Elkhorn »

Hybrid Alien/Human pod.

This pod, due to the necessity of extra habitat controls, would be slightly smaller in capacity allowing 3 of each class (human (9), Alien (9).

Allow a slow increase in Alien presence in the "human" worlds.

Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
mropso

Re: Passenger Haulage

Post by mropso »

Elk, doesn't this already exist?

The series of cabins starting with the Nostromo Cryo Cabin carries both Human and Alien passengers.

Or did you mean something else?

MrOpsO
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Hmm, maybe I missed something?
wanders off towards his massive storage of miscellaneous ships parts
"Let's see... Malls, Sett-Star, Haulage Cargo, Cargo Store, ahh, here it is Cargo Expanders."
"hmm, Adaptive Blake, Adaptive Javoran, Adjusted Titan, Copperfin Expander, Energized StarFlux, Energized WarpVault, Gigantor, Infinity, ohh, what's this?"
"Nostromo Cyro Cabin, Alien cargo expander, yada, yada, yada. ...multirole system allowing transport of Aliens and humans. Hmm."
Yells at his A.I. Richardson! Why didn't you tell me about this when I was talking to you about how to best leverage the new systems?"
"I know I didn't specifically ask! I shouldn't have to! You are an A.I. for frack sake! Figure it out!"
Err, thanks MrOpsO!
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

All passenger hybrid systems are on my book to be 'expanded' and created anew in some instances. Fret not, I just have to get to it. Currently, my attention is focused on the Battleship creation phase. I can wander off-topic once that's complete whilst you all scramble to shake and bake your ideal Battleship.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Don't berate yourself Elkhorn !!

Any other passenger pod or Hybrid Passenger Pod - such as the Shadowsword allow for Passengers and Cargo to be carried. This is true for all Galaxies with the exception of the Expanse.
In there, one needs a specific Cargo Expander to carry Alien Cargo and a specific Passenger Pod or Expander to carry Alien passengers.

What I think is needed is this: A Hybrid Javoran Expander/Passenger module along the lines of the Shadowsword or regular Expander which would allow both Alien and Human passengers and also allow Alien and human Cargo to be carried.

Fitz