A staff Suggestion

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

A staff Suggestion

Post by Coops »

Not often 'I create' a post in the suggestions thread, but this one got me thinking...

Chatting with the staff yesterday and one of them made a suggestion which I thought had merit now that the game is well established and has a lot of mechanics for all kinds of things.

The Bank - What if we added a Currency Converter.

This would be for the conversion of Credits in to Talas and Talas in Credits. Thats the idea basically. There would need to be some thought put in to it so players can 'make money' from it, but it would ensure that a payer can feed their 'Talas' habit or visa versa allowing players to move their funds around rather than being two separate entities.

Replies on a postcard or the usual £50 note :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Fitzbacon

Re: A staff Suggestion

Post by Fitzbacon »

I would think this a helpful addition to the game.

It would help also to know how many Talas one has when at the bank. At the moment the only place a player can see the Talas is in the Captains Bio tab.

Fitz
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Korth »

Sounds like a good idea. But like all banks the devil is in the details.
mropso

Post by mropso »

No point in having the two currencies if you can convert one to the other.

This would remove a lot of the flavor and challenge associated the the whole Expanse experience.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

You can also see your talas amount by hovering mouse over the credits icon in the top icon bar, the popup will show credits and talas.

But why should players "make money" from this? Make it a straight-forward exchange at some conversion rate, perhaps
with a 5-10% fee to the bank? I would mostly want to convert credits->talas. If I want to make money, I can go
play in the stock market.
Lutes
CE Official Supporter
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK (from Belfast originally)

Post by Lutes »

Great idea - I have plenty of Talas that would be more useful converting to credits :)

Bring it on! Although as MarcSp says it should simply be a fixed xchange rate.
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

My opinions parrot Mropso's.

I like that credits and talas are separate. Earning Talas takes a fair amount of time investment in the expanse, and earning credits is... Available for any amount of time investment at any location. It makes sense that getting this expanse-exclusive currency would require playing in the expanse.

Now, if this exchange of credits to talas had a bank fee *and* a loyalty cube requirement (scaling with exchange amount and Naristro faction), then it'd be a little more flavorful and balanced.