Changes To Hauling

Everyone was new at one time or another - This section holds our helpful Guides written by players and staff. Plus Primers written by the Developers.
Coops
Site Admin

Changes To Hauling

Post by Coops »

This post is a spur off the initial post that was a more ' why the change is coming' post. Please feel free to read it if this is the first time you've noticed the change to hauling.

Meanwhile....

Major Changes
Haulage offices will no longer support the Refresh, regenerate new list.

Each office will generate its OWN list of Client Missions which need delivering.

Max Ranges, Cargo Sizes and Rewards have all been Changed

These lists will be Server wide, so everyone will see the same lists in each office.

Missions will rotate SLOWLY over time or by the simple mechanics of players taking a mission and in due course a replacement one will be generated.

Missions will all be for specific Clients (in game Companies) ~IE though working for Ashar, etc you will be delivering the cargo for a 'client'.

Clients will record and note how much you deliver for them and offer incremental bonuses based on this. Bonus Payment on delivery.

Ashar, Wesbec, Valoren and Outlaw Services distances, cargo sizes and primary rewards have ALL been re-engineered.

Quality of Life Change
A new Table view has been created for the offices. This ensures we have all the data you need, not only where, but the System and the Galaxy. How far it is and the client for whom the mission relates to. These new views are FULLY sortable. By Columns, multiple columns and even using <= => type statements.
pic1.png
pic1.png (33.51 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
This is a typical view.
pic2.png
pic2.png (35.63 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Filtering for Cargo <100
pic3.png
pic3.png (18.49 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Same filter but for missions going to Aurelia System. You could have of course just opted to order by systems or Galaxy etc. Or simply order by Credits is profit is your only concern. This view may in due course start making its way though the game as it's far more flexible than our old outdated table view.

Blind /VI
We had two blind players check the view for usability, and they reported that with some 'figuring' out the layout it was more than usable. One of them is writing us a short guide, which we will publish in the Blind section of the forums when it's released. The Short Guide can be found OVER HERE.

Clients and Bonuses
We are tracking 54 out of 133 initial companies that you can move cargo for. The more cargo you deliver for a client, the more of a bonus they will give you over time. Their bonus is worked out once you've taken the mission and recorded into the Trade missions for when you deliver. Over time, we will add more companies, but initially we are limiting those. Valoren obviously only uses alien clients, :) You can review your Client status via the right-hand tab 'View Tasks' - View Client Status.

More Haulage Companies
Once this change is deployed, and we have ironed out any kinks or you guys have located something we have missed, I will work on creating a new Haulage system aimed at Starbases. They will be able to create their own Haulage companies and generate special long haul missions. Still not to previous heady heights, but exceeding the new Wesbec and Valoren deliveries. More on that when we get there!

Again, this was a long time coming this change and I will admit it sidetracked me from the latest addition I was working on which many of you will have been waiting for. I will return to those topics once this is deployed. It's a necessary change and whilst some will hate it, you should try to understand it's for the good of the economy and long term game viability.

This change brings the primary professions all back roughly in line with 'Effort VS Reward' which is where it started at but veered well off course.

I have created a NEW section in the forums for players to discuss praise, rant about the new changes. You can find it in #game-changes over in the discord server.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!