Certification descriptions

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
blackbeard

Certification descriptions

Post by blackbeard »

Ok, so I finally hit level 60, yay! I can do certifications now. Thing is though, the certifications don't really have descriptions, There isn't much info on what they actually do at different levels. Is there a reference somewhere? The description in the store is just a generic Halo description without any actual definition of the specific certificate.

Cheers.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Certification descriptions

Post by MadMaxxx »

You will need Metallurgy and Refining if you want to own all Foundry patterns so those are a must have. Then comes into play what you like to do in CE.
If you are doing ship salvaging then you go after different ship part certificates. For Alien Certificates you will need to raise your standing with Naristro before they let you in on their Certification store to get Alien Certs that have a cost in Talas.
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Ok, I just thought there would be some sort of measure, e.g. engine room salvage level 1 gives a 2% increase or something along those lines. I think I understand now that it just allows higher levels on those sections once you reach a certain point?

Do any give bonuses? e.g. sharp shooter increases accuracy or damage, same for rapid fire or burst. Does Energy management reduce the energy requirements on devices, things like that?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

It is an area that does need a little clarification. One more thing to add to my list :) Certifications are a 'must' have for certain fittingd and actions which are denoted on the items themselves. But we could add some notes to the Certs for sure.

I will add it to my list of things. Thanks for raising (has been done so before but I failed to make note at the time).

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jforjesse3

Post by jforjesse3 »

:? Been trying to figure out what these certifications are good for, what benefit is to be had with them. Really having trouble finding out. I know your busy, just want to bump this for what its worth.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Still on my list, with so much going on and being added at the moment, I simply have not got that far down the list. For now I would def learn at least level 1 in the 8 XYZ (Basic) ones, the others will be used but those basics will stand you in good stead as I progress over the coming year.

I WILL add an updated textual description to these though... just not just yet...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!