Social Rapport Suggestions

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Social Rapport Suggestions

Post by Coops »

We have added a new Social Rapport XP Levelling System READ HERE - If you would like to Suggest extra CE actions (none passive) to gain Rapport XP please feel free t do so. PLEASE PLEASE Read the afore mentioned post FIRST :)

I will review periodically and come back if the suggestion is enabled.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
OtherRick

Re: Social Rapport Suggestions

Post by OtherRick »

Here are some activities that help the NPC community (per the lore) and should have social rapport implications:

AI war deployments (Genesis) (ADDDED)

I bet there are more, but these seemed like a good set of activities to remind you of.

This one has now been added. Sadly donation type ones will suffer the same issuer that the GBM did so those are off the cards.

Coops
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Wreck salvaging and derelict exploring should count towards SRXP as both operations clear the busy lanes.

(ADDED) & (ADDED)
Porrima

Post by Porrima »

Placing deposits in the GBM and fulfilling (completing) contracts on the GBM didn't move the index.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Porrima wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 am Placing deposits in the GBM and fulfilling (completing) contracts on the GBM didn't move the index.
You made 5 SRAP XP from your single deposit :), But overnight / early this morning two senior members bought to my attention the issue of filling your own alts contracts and simply finding the magic point of return and simply 'bit filling' over and over.

This WAS something the Staff and I were aware of and out of all the code I added SRAP on to this was the one we worried about.

Sadly it appears a few already figured this out, so before anyone could abuse this function I have for now removed SRAP from the GBM. I will review some kind of possible way around this, but tracking alts is next to impossible with the mass use of VPN's and making it more than just pointless seems to be a tough one without allowing exploitation.

As I say, we knew this one would be an issue, but I put it out there and hoped...
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OtherRick wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 pm Here are some activities that help the NPC community (per the lore) and should have social rapport implications:

Project Discovery donations
Genesis Donations
AI research donations
AI war deployments (Genesis)
Naristro resource traders
Naristro quest NPC's (Gaia elements, locked crate trade-in, and so on)

I bet there are more, but these seemed like a good set of activities to remind you of.
All excellent suggestions will add to my list to review..
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

alumoi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:13 pm Wreck salvaging and derelict exploring should count towards SRAP XP as both operations clear the busy lanes.
An interesting social twists to cover the 'fill ya boots activity' - I said no to this from staff initially, but I'm warming to it using this 'excuse' :)

I'd like others feedback on this particular one.....

Coops
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Coops wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am You made 5 SRAP XP from your single deposit :), But overnight / early this morning two senior members bought to my attention the issue of filling your own alts contracts and simply finding the magic point of return and simply 'bit filling' over and over.

This WAS something the Staff and I were aware of and out of all the code I added SRAP on to this was the one we worried about.

Sadly it appears a few already figured this out, so before anyone could abuse this function I have for now removed SRAP from the GBM. I will review some kind of possible way around this, but tracking alts is next to impossible with the mass use of VPN's and making it more than just pointless seems to be a tough one without allowing exploitation.

As I say, we knew this one would be an issue, but I put it out there and hoped...
Simple/naive solution ideas:
1) Put a time threshold on GBM contracts (i.e, after 10 minutes, the contract is worth XP. Makes filling GBM contracts for SRAP take a long time)
2) Make posting GBM contracts *cost* exactly as much SRAP as you earn by filling it.

Not perfect solutions by any means, but strong deterrents to abuse.
Porrima

Post by Porrima »

>You made 5 SRAP XP from your single deposit :)

I must have been seeing (or not) things. I scrolled over the blue bar before an after and didn't see a change. I probably should have tried a few more times ....
mropso

Post by mropso »

Wreck Salvage would be a nice addition, it does not seem that running Outlaw Services contracts nor hunting down and punishing the corporate elite and their lackies gains any SRAP points.

Perhaps clearing up after myself should.

(ADDED)