Coops sued for name stealing! - game over

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Coops sued for name stealing! - game over

Post by alumoi »

News at 11: Captain Alumoi sues Coops for using the 'Big Bertha' trademark!
After the epic success of his mining barge, aptly named Big Bertha, captain Alumoi was stunned to see his trademark being used in a line of extractors by Coops.
Mining Barge Registry records show that 'Big Bertha' was indeed registered by captain Alumoi as a mining barge ran by mining bot MD-#78443 for quite some time (the records were a bit unclear as for how long, being kept in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard').
Captain Alumoi was not available for comments but his A.I. mumbled something about his hopes for an out of court settlement.
This is not the first time Coops stole fellow captains trademarks and incorporated them in his own devices (see list of weapon component for famous captain names), but it is the first time someone dares to sue.
The case was not filled on East Texas.
We won't keep you updated on this case but feel free to expand it further.
(PS: eat your heart out, Gabby Newsome, we heard it first!)
Last edited by alumoi on Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

update 1

Post by alumoi »

News at 11: Captain Alumoi presents proof of Krupp ancestry!
In light of the Naristro involvement (one may wonder how Coops managed to get them involved), GalFed was presented with definitive proof that captain Alumoi is indeed the sole heir of the famous Krupp family (old Earth).
Checkmate, Gabby!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Coops sued for name stealing! - updated

Post by alumoi »

I knew it!!!
Those Olde Fartes*, a.k.a. The Galactic Federation of Judges, are nothing more than a bunch of useless ... ... ... ... .... And further more , they deserve to be ... ... ... ...
Oh well, time to find somebody else to sue, I'm sure there are plenty suck...., erm, worthy targets.

Wait, didn't you see Gabby's latest report? Check it out under Genesis - New Beginnings. BTW, thank you Gabby for burring this shameful decision under another title.
_______
* see what I did here? Hint: Elmquae, Verec-per.