VIP Points - Further Uses

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Lord Castellan Creed

VIP Points - Further Uses

Post by Lord Castellan Creed »

For those that don't know, VIP points are given awarded if you support Core Exiles through Patreon. (Patreon is a way of supporting CE via a small contribution each month. It gives a number of great benefits).

Those of us who have supported through Patreon for a number of years have found points accumulating with nothing new to purchase them.

The purpose of this thread is to suggest a few new uses for these VIP points. Below is my contribution, and if anyone else wants to contribute then this is gratefully received:

- Allow conversion of points into Festive Points (this gives a few more opportunities on what you can purchase).
- Allow conversion of points into Barter Points.
- Mining Drones that have no points requirement.
- Purchase Exile Resource Tokens using VIP points

On another note, is it possible to add the VIP upgrades onto the bio page showing account upgrades? Not only will this make the VIP system more prominent, but also make it more obvious exactly what you've already purchased.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: VIP Points - Further Uses

Post by Akkamaddi »

An ERT would be a really cool purchase, but I could see that being expensive.

VIP/CES zero-point mining drones is something I've hoped to see for a while. A zero point ADV drone, even if it only has an OPH rate of 10-12, would really be cool. A few zero point Hermes drones would be a good way to stay stocked in refined ore. I'd even be happy with very strict rules on how many could run.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Ship Pimp - one more slot,
Some useables - bit better AstroDrones, Genesis parts (GPDS ? )
some better Corporation Ship Parts (if those have meaning)
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

We can already remotely access Jimmy to open crates. For someone who has done a lot of NPC mission quests, remotely accessing their stores would be a great addition. We already have online shopping in real life, maybe we can add it in CE. :-)
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

+3 or +5 POD points would be awesome.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/Coops sets up a BOB bot to monitor this post.....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

A.I. Tactician: Requires Genesis plot. Grants a 1% boost to any G.P.D.S deployed. (Not a structure.)

Reads Computer Manuals: Requires Genesis plot. Grants -5% time bonus for Genesis tech research.

Dagda's Cauldron: AMR Merlin Staffium refineries have +5 output.

Certified in Certifying: -5% time in certificate training.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

if you have any 'more' smart ideas please share, I will at some stage this month be dipping in to this thread for 'ideas'

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Oh! Two old ideas:

Apprintices Broom Drone: This one may require a bit of design work. The VIP version would not require drone points. It transports ore from a specified planet to an orbital refinery in the same system. You have to have a stash of ore on a planet commercial storage. You go to the planet an activate a drone. You then select a resource from a pull-down menu, and press go. The drone then transports 10 units of the selected ore from the local store to the refinery. It could time out after 10 or 30 days. You can cancel the drone and change the resource. If there is not a refinery in the system or a refinery-acceptable ore on the local planet, nothing happens.

Mining Foreman Drone: You can have up to five VIP Foreman drones. They are deployed with other mining drones, and will not "time out". These are essentially navigation guides for mining drones. From anywhere, you can deploy a mining drone to the asteroid field where you have a Foreman drone.
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Oh! VIP factories/refineries/AMR's for some of the new material! Perhaps a VIP refinery for making Raw Plasteel or Recycled Teltinium. A ship POD that produces Radioactive Waste as you move around (or just sit there). Perhaps a factory for Robotic Parts or Missile Parts. An AMR for Treated Ore or Refined Verecian Perite.

VIP Harvesters?

VIP Harvestes that can find AI-UN or even AI resource minerals (NB- materials) would be genuinely awesome.

There could also be VIP mining barge abilities, like +2 strength to all weapons equipped, +50 strength for shields equipped, or +50 ore transport range.