Re: Misc Store

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Hi Coops :)

Could you reprogram your Bob Bot and add kind of CSTS function to Secure Store? I mean Transfer all items from one location to another. I had stuff on both of my settlements and now you've add one more location (SB-51)...
I'd like to transfer all my stuff to one place. I could have one stash for trade (or crafting) in one location and all other stuff in other, so I'd prefer something like window with two drop down lists, both with locations where I have stuff, and one button Transfer All, so I could transfer all stuff from SB 51 to my First sett, and still have stuff for trade in SG.

I see you work hard on MISC sources, but MISC sinks are problem too :( There are many places you use some MISC items, and you don't know if you have stuff in secure store. Feeding Snargs, Festive Store, Mech crafting, perhaps using personal loadout, opening locked crates, engineering, various barter stores, salvaging salvage... Transfering multiple items by hand is boring :(
Can we feed both Ship MISC store and Secure Store to such places somehow?
caliseer
CE Official Supporter

Re: Re: Misc Store

Post by caliseer »

A way to move all of a particular type of an item either into or out of secure misc stores would be nice, eg move all salvage either to your ship or from your ship.

Even if it was not done straight away but had a timer on it and you were notified when it was done.

Would make it easier than moving everything one at a time.
Danik

Post by Danik »

Agree that salvage and crates now need a lot of line by line transfers back to ship for processing : dont mind the other stuff as thats more irregular times needed.. but salvage recyc and crates is almost daily for me. Ta.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

pikolinianita wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:15 pm Hi Coops :)

Could you reprogram your Bob Bot and add kind of CSTS function to Secure Store? I mean Transfer all items from one location to another. I had stuff on both of my settlements and now you've add one more location (SB-51)...
Once I'm done with the cart horse amount of work to get all the Misc items where we want them I will run a 'Merge Stacks' Bot, this will merge all the stacks to one location. At that point the 'Where an item is' will be removed from the game view as they will simply be 'in the Secure Store'.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'm releasing a new 'Per Captain' Button today to the game. I had so many requests river night to sign up to the Syphon program that Ive decided to make it a function of the game for the player - I'm about to post on that so go check in Five in the Dev section.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Post made, new Syphon Protocol Active. Check out the Post and take a peek in your ships stores.

Syphon on off button provided on Ship Store screen, plus a count on the misc tab for those who want to know.

I have also added a tighter filer for the BOB AI moving items. It wont move Ribz or Mission Items or FOM crates. (sorry it was being over zealous last night) :) Please read the Post I made TODAY on Syphon Protocol and if you remember nothing else note it will continue till the Misc store is empty of all items its allowed to move OR turned off.

Coops
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Is there a possibility of a REVERSE siphon? It would take me a year to get everything out of my secure store line by line.

I was out of the game a while, and my entire Misc section was transferred, so it's a major problem.
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

Albatross, the idea of the SS, is that you would keep all your Misc loot in there and only transfer out what you need at that point. The Misc section was causing issues with database performance and storage, hence the big push to move everything misc related to SS.

Coops is looking at making other parts of the game look at SS too, so over time, there is less need you to use the Misc section. If you want a particular area to look at SS instead of Misc, feel free to post a suggestion on it.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I understand space problems.

There were a lot of things I would have been happy to move to SS, but we didn't have the option to moving filter groups from MISC to SS. Keeping all of my Misc items there would have been a major impact on game play time.

It would be a lot less of a problem if we had a Retrieve ALL (or have the total amount entered as default in the retrieve box).

As it is, bringing out the items I use is overwhelming.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Check this out Alba: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3341