Change to 365 Account Deletion!

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Change to 365 Account Deletion!

Post by Coops »

365 Deletion is no more!
As of today 26th May 2019 we will no longer be deleting accounts from the CE server for being inactive for longer than 365 days. We have now managed to get the storage system under control and the Database is back to a reasonable / manageable size :) (See I don't spend all my time drinking coffee and chatting lol)

Up till now, we have been pruning (deleting) accounts from the Database that have been inactive for a Year. This kept the Database lean and trim for those who are playing every day. Having made certain changes over time, this no longer required. So from today onwards, no more account deletion for being inactive. (Read below New Accounts).

Exceptions
Accounts that Self terminate or are flagged for breeching Terms and conditions, will be locked and removed on the next maintenance cycle (generally Monday mornings).

Accounts that FALL in to NEGATIVE Credit in their Bank Account (not ships account) for more than 30 days.

New Accounts - Level 1
Finally, New Accounts, you need to take your account to Level 1 within 14 days. Any account less than level 1 after 14 days will be deemed a bot or a player is not interested in Core-Exiles. In this instance, the said account will be removed after 14 days (on the next maintenance round). You are free to come back and create another account should you wish. Simply put, there is no value in us storing thousands of unplayed, unwanted accounts. Getting to level 1 should take you five minutes of game play (Talk to the Greeter on starbase-51 and follow the initial missions).

Finally, if your account was removed PRIOR to today, then sorry, but it's gone. We also reserve the right to remove accounts that have never been logged into.

Important Considerations
Whilst we will not be Delting any accounts for inactivity, this does NOT mean that anything changes in respect of Settlements, Corporations, Genesis etc. These items still need to be FUNDED and in the case of Settlements MORALE must not drop below -25% for the settlement to remain intact and out of the hands of the Official Receiver.

Simply ensuring these items are WELL funded and Settlements are WELL defended will mean your account is intact, and you can take a sabbatical IF you so wish. YOU are responsible for ensuring the above items are funded and secure should you go away for an extended period.

We have accounts that are still active and played each month, tracking back to February 2008. So allowing players to have a fallow period without risk of loosing their account may help bring some players back and retain more overtime.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Change to 365 Account Deletion!

Post by Coops »

Due to some issues that have arisen from the Above change, I thought it wise to post an addendum to the pruning of accounts from Core-Exiles. Please, Read and Digest. I will also send this to all active accounts in game via PM.

Reason for accounts being Pruned / Deleted from the system.

1: Account Self Terminates
2: Account Flagged for termination due to breeching Terms and conditions
3: Accounts over 14 Days old and Still Level Zero. These are classified as bot / non player accounts.
4: Accounts with a NEGATIVE Bank Balance, for 30 days or more.

The last two have come about to ensure that the game database does not become awash with dead or fake accounts, and that accounts remaining on the Server pay their due in game bills. Allowing unattended accounts to go in to the Red simply to feed their main account is unfair on those playing the game.

Account deletion is an automated affair (apart from those accounts falling under section 2) There is no 'coming back' or restore option. Once an account is deleted, it's gone. It is the responsibility of Each and every player to look after their own accounts and not to allow them to fall in to negative Bank Balance debt.

Levelling a toon to level 1 and keeping your 'Bank Balance' in a + balance is a simple task.

Under these terms, players are allowed ONE Free captain account. Further accounts will fall under the terms of play as posted here

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Change to 365 Account Deletion!

Post by Coops »

A reminder (as I've been tidying up the code surrounding this topic)

Accounts over 14 days old that are Not level 1 will be removed from the game on the next maintenance pass.

Also, accounts (any level) that consistently for 30 days keep their 'Bank' account in Negative Credit will be removed. This last one has over time since it was moved in to action removed a number of older accounts that were fallow and running up large debts due to use of services and failure to pay.

So preferably keep enough credits in your ships account to cover your day-to-day needs and meet your financial bills.

If you don't the game will automatically syphon funds to cover them from your BANK, when your BANK is in negative credit for 30 days that's all she wrote and your account no matter how old or what level WILL be removed.

Both the actions above are listed in the Terms and Conditions and have been since 2019.

Coops