Standings - level indications

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sunflowers

Standings - level indications

Post by Sunflowers »

I'm currently a Sulat Aman with 22,244,316 XP in the V-P standings. I've been at this level for several years and I have no idea how many more XP I need to reach the next rank up. Would it be possible to have some sort of tab with tables to show how much XP it takes to reach each level (and for the other categories too)? It would give something to aim for and a bit of encouragement to see how things are progressing.
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Standings - level indications

Post by Coops »

Hmmmm,

Well this ones an interesting one. Way back when we first started there were Five initial factions to gain rankings with. This grew, then grew again and again. Now we have 'A lot' of them and they all have ranks reaching from 'We hate you' to 'CE Respected'.

There has been a long running post in the forums almost since month one trying to guess and report on WHEN each rank kicks in etc. But I think the time has come to make it a little more 'Official'.

So you can ALL thank Sunflowers for this one....

Today I have added a Mouse Hover (or if your VI / Blind I've added Tags) for each rank. Hover the mouse over the Image for the Faction in question. It will tell you how much XP is required for your NEXT level. You need to work out the difference between what you have and whats needed (I'm not doing all the work for you). But it now means you will know how much XP you need to make that next rank.

If your at max rank it will tell you...

Plus if you old rank was 'Sworn Enemy' it now displays your actual Negative XP and reminds you that you need POSITIVE XP to gain a foot hold in that rank.

Have fun with this one folks....

All praise goes to Sunflowers...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
samudra

Post by samudra »

Thank you Sunflowers :)
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

What just the single 'thanks' surely we can do better than that lol. :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Yes, thank you Sunflowers, and Coops too.
Sunflowers

Post by Sunflowers »

*Blushes modestly and takes a bow*. Thanks folks :) .
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

This is terrific idea, and a great implementation. Thanks to Sunflowers and Coops.

The only thing is, it works for everything but VP for me. Verik-Mokra with 9.2 million XP, and the next step is Req: Unknown.

This is really special, as Sunflower's request was about a VP rank

I'm putting in a bug report, but it was too funny not to share.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Sadly whilst I COULD and DID add the rank displays for the next rank to most of the Standings, I could not add the VP ones. There IS a reason that I wont exlpain, you will just have to take my word fro it. I had already spoken to Sunflowers about it and I have closed your bug, as this is NOT a bug.

All standings will be displayed except the VP one which will show unknown.

Sadly there IS a forum post here with the rank levels displayed so just do a little searching to get your answer, although I'd hoped (personally) that this may have remained shrouded in mystery lol.

Coops