Raid Improvements.

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Raid Improvements.

Post by Korth »

I was chatting with Coops about Raids, my peeves and why Raid participants are heavily weighted to higher level players. He suggested I start a thread about what players would like to see in Raids. So please make suggestions, and comment on others suggestions. FYI- Coops has already made one change. Can you guess what it is?

My suggestions.

1. Leaving Raids, repairing damage and re-entry is time consuming unless you have a really good/fast internet. Have better methods of repairing/staying active in Raid combat.
A. higher level Matrix for Shield Repair. Shields at the higher level are now in the 30K range and the highest current matrix repairs only 6k. Make new matrix for the 8K-15K range if not higher.
B. consider hull/armor equivalent to matrix or an other repair mechanism.
C. Add new equipment allowing for "surge" shield strength or other defensive abilities. (Temporary immunity to shield penetration)
PS. D bigger Omega drones.
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Re: Raid Improvements.

Post by Yogan »

larger shield EBK's for those of us with 30K+ HP shields would be nice
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Ive added full threat colour coding to Shield, Armour, Hull when inside the RAID screen. This means at 100 to 50% your readings will be Green, at less than 50% the colour will go to Orange and at 25% or less the colour shifts to Red.

For the Blind and VI i have added a title tag displaying a Textual Warning on the Hull readout. This has three stages same as above and should give the Blind some extra warning to get out and repair.

The stats above are based on a % of your Max stats, Shield, Armour Hull.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'm also contemplating a Full series of Specials. These would enable self and group Buffing when in the RAID.

Both Healing and Damage Buffs - dependant on whats fitted.

Usage via the icons in RAID combat and affective in a 'Timed' format with a cool down before activation once more.

Again this is 'theorised'....

Also pondering the same for 'Hull Stage Looting' - similar principle, you activate via in Raid Combat Icon, and for a period (if fitted) your Special scans for special loots to tractor in from the RAID whilst it is in Hull Damage stage.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

both ideas sound awesome making attacking RAID's more tactical and cooperative.
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Korth »

Like the Healing Buffs, not so sure about Damage buffs if they count against entry criteria. Would prefer other than specials (max the specials with augment armor).

Ok with Hull stage looting as long as it does not detract from Capts shooting. Perhaps biased towards lower levels a bit to get them interested in Raids?
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

raid only matrix to heal not only the captain but other random captain .
decoy which could save some hit to captain
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

for vi players can you add this new text descrption at starting of page say even before this text comes .

RAID COMBAT - Active Captains in the last 15 Minutes: 1 (Gulvieg)

I ask because we have to do lot of text scrolling to go to that text to come to that descrptionif it be at starting as we do page up it be at first text and will tell our screen reader the health of our ship.
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

siddharth wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 pm for vi players can you add this new text description at starting of page say even before this text comes .

RAID COMBAT - Active Captains in the last 15 Minutes: 1 (Gulvieg)

I ask because we have to do lot of text scrolling to go to that text to come to that description it be at starting as we do page up it be at first text and will tell our screen reader the health of our ship.
Added an Echo at the very top of the page for those with VI enabled. Bare in mind this has three settings base off Hull Damage.
Above 50%, below 50% and lastly 25% and below.

If you have a very small hull you still need to take note of a the actual numbers, but in practise if you have a small hull LEAVE as soon as the hull takes any damage. << this relates to VI / Blind players.

Coops
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I really like a lot of the suggestions about Raid fighting. I enjoy team fighting Raids as well as salvaging them.

The Raid reward system is poor. For 10 Raids in 3 galaxies you use a lot of fuel and time. For rewards:
Credits are 1% of what I'd make hauling with that fuel.
Before the Bob equipment, Raid rewards could include really nice equipment. Now the Raid rewards are regular Bob stuff, I've never gotten one that was worth keeping. Maybe that's just my bad luck.
I think the XP booster rewards are level 1.

My suggestion is to increase rewards so the Raid parties are more tempting for players. Here are some options:
1) Increase credit awards by at least 10 times. 100 times higher isn't unreasonable IMHO.
2) Have at least a chance to get a better equipment item, like the ones that come with the monthly VIP award.
3) 30% XP boosters