Manufacturing Storage

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Manufacturing Storage

Post by Elkhorn »

With the addition of the level 7 settlement manufacturing buildings, and their demand of resources; along with all the other factories, etc. that don't have independent storage for production it would be highly beneficial if there were a "manufacturing storage". There are a number of ways this could be implemented.
One, a purchased building (small, medium and large) that could be added to the settlement - taking a slot in the process
Two, a "pay for storage" warehouse, similar to when we paid for Commercial Storage. Cost could be a tiered price based on quantity.
Would it be too difficult to switch the resource check to the "manufacturing storage" first, then to the Commercial Storage?
Thanks,
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
MarcSp

Re: Manufacturing Storage

Post by MarcSp »

?? Not sure what you are wanting to achieve with this idea. Your buildings already use your local CS, why have a separate storage?
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I like This idea Very Much. Unfortunately something similar was proposed some time ago... I'd extend that for malls and factories, if possible.

@MarcSp
If you have all your resources on your settlement A - there is no difference. But if you have also Settlemnt B with Manuf buildings/Factories/Malls you want to send most of resources to your main Settlement A and keep only "substrates" in B. And this is boring, with many items of combat loot, events, exteactors, fabricators... I'd love to CSTS -> send all, but I have to send each resource one by one...
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

To Marc SP. I don't have a GBM on my settlement. I ship all the combat resources, extracted resources, manufactured items, etc. to San Gallen. To do this now, I have to sort through what is needed for my manufacturing from what isn't. Since the level 7 manufacturing take 10 resources, your factories take 3. You have to sort those from your combat loot, mined and extracted resources, finished manufactured products, etc.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

@pikolinianita well that makes sense but if both your setts are L7 I'd figure you would want mass resources at both anyway.

@elkhorn: if you propose to give up a slot (and new building) for storage, why bother? Just put a GBM into there and it gives more benefits anyway.

Maybe a better proposal would be to change the CSTS interface - remove the "Send All" and insert a column of "check boxes" in the
resource list, then add a "send checked items" button. I think this was proposed once but declined due to space limitations in the CSTS screens,
but maybe its time for a overhaul of the CSTS screens. It seems the main issue here is not storage, but transport options in the CSTS.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

@checkboxes
that would work if game saves which boxes were unticked or you still have to remember dozens items. and you don't want to add more clicks to routine "send all", as it would enrage a lot of players...
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Also Corporation office could use some "private storage", for stuff used for corpo crafting.