Barge AI Cybernetic Skill

A place to discuss and post about Corporations & Mining Barges. Share your finds and discoveries or simply ask questions about the Corp & Barge process.
Gorkus

Barge AI Cybernetic Skill

Post by Gorkus »

The AI Cybernetics skill seems somewhat useless to me after a point. Despite the description: "this skill in particular is unique, in that the more points you spend in this skill the more likely you are to create extra skill points. Each A.I operates a Barge differently based on its owners orders and requirements, but investing in this skill will over time vastly affect the A.I points you gain throughout the A.I's service." That description doesn't seem entirely true.

I have invested 9000 skill points in AI Cybernetics so far and most of them are probably lost forever, it seems. For each 1000 skill points I added up to 6000, I received +1 to my pool of skill points awarded after the completion of a mining operation. I received no such bonus at the 7000, 8000 or 9000 point levels. I will make it an even 10,000 at the next opportunity, just to see if that round number makes any difference, and will post the results here. Even if that last 1000 point addition yields a +1 to my skill pool, the effort is still just about worthless as I will most likely never make up the points I've invested. Spending 4000 points to receive just a single pool point per mining operation isn't worth it. I would have to average just under 3 barge mission per day for four years to break even. That just doesn't seem worth it to me.

So, my advice is don't go above 6000 skill points on AI Cybernetics and if you are even going to spend that, do it early in your barge career. You might be able to make up the 6000 points spent in a year or two if you keep up with your mining operations every day.

If anyone has additional insight into this skill, please post your thoughts here.

Thanks.

Edited: Indeed, the addition of skill points from 6,000 through 10,000 did not add any pool points and are thus wasted - IMO. I received 79 pool points at the 6,000 level and it was still 79 at the 10,000 level.
SpaceBucks

Re: Barge AI Cybernetic Skill

Post by SpaceBucks »

I have found the same black hole. I want to know if there is a way to reset mining barge points to retrieve wasted placement of points.
It would be a good thing to be able to use skill resets to rest the mining barges skill points as well.

All in all, I am not happy with the figure it out after you have wasted your points system.

A reset option should be added!
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I've got 14000 in AI Cyber, and I haven't seen an increase since before 8000 pts.
Likewise Ast Salvage, I have 10000 and haven't seen any noticable increase in loot quality since 7000.
Also defense/engineering/diplomacy, I've got 4000 in each and stopped getting negative events
since about 1000 pts. I've had all this since level 12, and there is nothing left to invest in for now,
at least until level 50 which has gotta be decades away at this rate.

So yeah I think either Coops forgot to turn on some ranges, or he has got some kind of
expansion in mind for (hopefully) the near future.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I'd love to be coding more fun add-ons but most of this last week has been dealing with Exploiters and players trying their level best to cheat in some form or another. Fear not I will return my attention to the more fun elements of the game and address a few of the posts on Barge AI skills in the future.

But for now, I'm spending half my days in logs and checking player activities before hitting them with Nurf hammers.

Not what I had in mind for this last week!

Coops

P.S not a dig at anyone in THIS thread just a heads up and the fact yes I'm reading EVERY post.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!