Genesis Tips

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
pikolinianita

Genesis Tips

Post by pikolinianita »

Hi All,

I wonder if you have any Tips for Genesis Combat, Mostly Land, as I don't do Space :P. Mine observations:

1) My forces Consists ob Backbone and (AI) Fodder. Backbone is exactly one unit of everything I have (to maximize "Bonus" value).
2) And I fill GPDS with Fodder, that is any units I have in surplus. All I know is Shields are important, It is better to have 10-20% in Shields than none. Any suggestions about force composition, Do's and Dont's, Tips and Tricks?
Xanid
CE Official Supporter

Re: Genesis Tips

Post by Xanid »

Good tip on the shields, I'll have to play around with that!
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

I only have the first mobile shield generator unlocked, not the T2. There's a percentage bonus after the first shield is deployed, but no additional bonus for deploying any additional shields, even 20 more. The Same goes with automated field engineers. I've also seen no percentage increase with 1 or 100 air scouts but an increase when deploying 1 T2 air scout, but no additional increase when deploying more than 1.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

What I do with 250 points is load one of each of my AI and T2 units then fill up the remaining points with one of each tier 1 unit, this gives me a useful 50% bonus.

Which today produced this result.
Your units managed to last 18 sorties in combat with the Enemy. During this time your deployment destroyed 496 enemy A.I units. You also managed to recover 8 A.I Code Fragments. These have been added to your account along with an A.I Coalition Faction reward of 8928 XP.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Xanid
CE Official Supporter

Post by Xanid »

Only 8 frags? I generally get 3-8 for a 150 deployment of T1/T2 that lasts 5 sorties (23% bonus). Interesting.
Yogan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Yogan »

If your looking to get frags Space is the way to go, the only downside is the time it takes to build up a Fleet
Here is my last deploy from Yesterday.

You recently deployed a Genesis Deployment Force to Nebula LB1.

Your force consisted of a battle strength of 20 units totalling 849 Deployment Points.

Your forces were controlled by the Coalition Combat Commander (C.C.C). Your units managed to last 31 sorties in combat with the Enemy. During this time your deployment destroyed 2639 enemy A.I units. You also managed to recover 16 A.I Code Fragments. These have been added to your account along with an A.I Coalition Faction reward of 47502 XP.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Xanid wrote:Only 8 frags? I generally get 3-8 for a 150 deployment of T1/T2 that lasts 5 sorties (23% bonus). Interesting.
The lowest I have got is 6 and the best IIRC 11, much random seems to be involved, as Yogan said Space is the place to go for higher fragment counts.

<edit> The new lowest frag count for 250 points is FIVE! :cry:

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Having at last unlocked and built the AI GPDS Hammer Fist I have deployed my first 600 point battle group.

This consisted of 1 each of AI Mobile Shield, AI Long Range Artillery & AI Shield Assault Mech. Then I added 1 of every conventional unit I had, as this didn't fill the GPDS I doubled and tripled up on the conventional units that I had more than 25 of.

The Bonus was only 52% but there weren't that many new units compared to my 250 unit deployments but the results were quite gratifying.

Your force consisted of a battle strength of 85 units totalling 600 Deployment Points.

Your forces were controlled by the Coalition Combat Commander (C.C.C). Your units managed to last 47 sorties in combat with the Enemy. During this time your deployment destroyed 3073 enemy A.I units. You also managed to recover 15 A.I Code Fragments. These have been added to your account along with an A.I Coalition Faction reward of 55314 XP.

We would like to thank you for your actions in the war on the A.I, and hope you will continue to assist in any way you can. Remember you can purchase further Genesis Plans from your Genesis Industrial Screen using the A.I code fragments you recover.

Genesis Buddy Active: Your Genesis Buddy went along with the last deployment and kept a keen eye out for resources the AI had stashed away. He managed to locate 106 X Verecian Protein Foods. These were added to the Buddy stash.