Official Receiver Auction

A place for Settlement owners and soon to be owners to discuss Settlements. - Love them or Hate them they are a central part of Core-Exiles.
SpaceBucks

Official Receiver Auction

Post by SpaceBucks »

Hello All,
I read the Settlement Primer and the rules of losing a settlement. It stated in more than one location that once the Official Reciever gets a hold of something, it will be auctioned "in the usual way."

Can someone illuminate what the usual way is? I have been playing a while and I have never seen any Offical Reciever Auction Notices. If the Offical Reciever does take over a settlement, how does one get a chance to bid?
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Official Receiver Auction

Post by Coops »

Usual way refers to how Starbase License will be auctioned. As this is not active yet I was just giving an impression with how they would be dealt with.

The initial price would reflect the price paid for the license + a cost addition for the level of the Starbase and fittings. After that it's up to Bidders to settle on a final price.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

Thanks for the clarification, Coops. It was a bit confusing.
storyman2k

Post by storyman2k »

Where is this auction held and where can one get in on this?
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

storyman2k wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:07 am Where is this auction held and where can one get in on this?
This is all still hypothetical guys lol - theoretically how we will deal with the owners of a Starbase going Awol (removed) or the SB falling into massive debt and not being able to pay its staff etc. (as per Settlements).

Normally a settlement is handed over to the O.R and then removed after a set period. With Starbases, as they will be such Large entities removing them won't be feasible so hence the auction method. But as this won't be happening for a long time I suspect this is all 'theoretical' - Having said that anyone that bids on an SB from the Auctioneer would still need to have obtained a 'Starbase Owner Account' prior to being able to bid. IF and When this process is written into the game.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!