A glimpse into early Core history

Postings from the staff working at the Historical Archives.
Historical Archives
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

A glimpse into early Core history

Post by Historical Archives »

Hi. My name is Dana Dawson. I’m a level 9 data recovery tech and most of the time my job is fairly routine, which is to say boring. That was until the other day when someone brought in an old dented container. It appeared to be for data chip storage, but it was old, I mean really old!

An explorer had discovered it, but he wouldn’t say where. From the looks of the container though it was not a nice place.

Apparently my boss thought it was something important because they moved me from my cubicle to an iso-room! This is where all the high level data recovery happens. The security around the iso-room is crazy!

You actually go into a chamber, undress completely, walk down a hall to another chamber where you dress in a jumpsuit. During the walk you are scanned, electronically and visually, to make sure you don’t bring any recording device in. You reverse the steps going out.

I sat down at a table and started in. They had identified the chip type and had created an interface so I plugged one in.

Wow! I found out why they had selected me. It appeared to be data chips on the history of the Core! Here is where my ancient languages degree (I speak/read seven fluently) came in handy.

Forgive me, since I can’t bring anything in or out this is from memory of what I read. Also the data chips are sometimes damaged so the data is incomplete.

To hell with the Non-Disclosure Agreements! This is too important not to share!

The creation of the Galactic Federation or Gal-Fed, Alliance and Confederation or Con-Fed, did not occur in a vacuum.
Pressures over resources continued to cause conflict around the world throughout the 22nd century and beyond.

Around 600 years ago Off-world Frontiers Colonies (OFC) Technologies built the first Eden Orbital Habitat. Each E.O.H was capable of housing 250,000 humans. Bio Domes and the latest recycling technology made them virtually self supporting.

About twenty years after that OFC Technologies created the first habitable Mars colony and Mankind made its first serious encroachment onto other worlds.

Is six hundred years a little, or a lot in the terms of man’s history? Six hundred years ago we were earth-bound! Now look at the number of systems and worlds we inhabit!

Corporate Cyber crime increased and many companies were swallowed up by the three dominant corporations; Gleso Industries, DarkLight Labs and OFC Technologies.

Development of A.I. to combat cyber crime began and Project Deep Blue was born.

These three conglomerates created a Cyber Crimes Division Atlanta and they were given planet wide remit to enforce Cyber Crime laws.

About 500 years ago the Alliance for Mankind was formed. Their stated cause was the betterment of mankind through social and political reform. It turns out they were little more than a terrorist group and they rained terror both on earth and in the space lanes.

It’s crazy to think that the AFM is that old! Some say they were eradicated over a hundred years ago, others say they have infiltrated the highest levels of government and or corporations. All I know is that every so often something tremendously bad happens and AFM or an imposter, claims responsibility.

Around that same time five major countries around the world banded together in a “Scientific and Medical” group known as the Global Health Management Group (GHM). They were quickly given control over food, water and energy production and the dissemination of them planet wide. This quickly gave them immense power and political clout. It also made them a prime target of the Alliance For Mankind.

After many lengthy and costly court battles, Arc-Light Projects, Stellar Divisions copyright of the Stellar Drive was upheld in Federal court and the drive became commercially available for use.

Ashar Shipping became one of the first commercial shipping companies and began contracting weekly shipping runs to Mars.

Deep Star Creations began using Arc-Light engines to power their long range scientific scout ships to explore the outer regions of the Kuiper belt.

The Anti-corporation Alliance for Mankind bombed GHM (Boston) killing 400 employees.

E.O.H 3 and 4 go online as the demand for clean air and food continues to grow. Earth continued to struggle with solutions to restore her ecosystem.

The Alliance for Mankind selected their next target and sabotaged E.O.H. 5 and 6 while they were still in near earth construction phase. Moving them to the top slot and becoming the worlds most wanted terrorist organization.

It was a crippling blow, financially to OFC. They recovered eventually and wound up with ten E.O.H.s in orbit around earth.

Around 450 years ago the Federal Union began large scale Military space ship construction in orbit of Earth. At the same time they formed the New Earth Defense (NED). The primary stated role was to enforce safety of ships that were traveling to and from the Moon and Mars colonies.

The Ten-Day War between Pakistan and India, which killed over 15 million people, prompted other alliances to form and many countries, who had been sitting on the fence, joined alliances as well.

Japan set aside their isolationism and joined the Asian Alliance making it one of the largest alliances population wise.

The US, Canada and South America banded together to form the Federal Union and turned their attention to internal development.

The Russian Federation, which consisted of most of the Slavic countries and a few other nations around the world, formed its own alliance.

I wonder if the Galactic Federation, the Alliance and the Confederation are an outgrowth of these three? The similarities are amazing.

Around 450 years ago the second great space race began, fuelled by developments from Arc Light Projects, Stellar Division.

Deep Blue’s role is expanded into tracking movement of money around the world to combat the growing crime and corruption.

The Alliance for Mankind selected its next target. RG-9, one of Genesis Medical geo-orbital research labs, was destroyed.

There was quite a bit of fall out from that; no pun intended. Millions died, and not because of parts of the station hitting the ground. Something about a virus if I remember correctly.

Mars attempted to split from Earth control and formed Mars Independence. OFC Technologies requested intervention in the rebellion citing their investments of trillions of dollars. The New Earth Defence forces are dispatched to Mars to quell the rebellion.

The first space battle is fought as New Earth Defences engaged with Mars orbital defences. The defences are overwhelmed and NED lands at the New Mars space port. Three days of intense fighting ensued before NED took back control of Mars central. There is extensive loss of life on both sides. OFC Technologies requested a permanent NED Marine force be deployed. Mars Independence requests official recognition and becomes acknowledged as a political party on Mars, but it was largely symbolic and they were little more than a vassal state of Earth.

The NED Space Marine Corp expanded their role to police all Space and Orbital locations. Many saw this as a continuation of the suppression by the authorities.

The three major powers on Earth, the Asian Alliance, Federal Union and Russian Federation signed a peace pact and agreed to stop preying on each other's vessels. The N.E.D. is disbanded and the Earth Defense Forces is created. Troops and vessels from all three alliances are absorbed into the newly formed E.D.F.

Then scout ships discovered an ancient ‘Jump Gate’ beyond the far edge of the Kuiper Belt. It took over ten years of extensive research before Earth finally cracked how to activate the jump gate.

That must have been amazing! If I remember my history it caused political chaos and almost ignited armed conflict among the factions.

The multi national Explorers League is formed and scout ships were sent to investigate what might lay beyond the jump gates.

That is what I could get from the first data chips. I'll try getting more out as it becomes available. I have a feeling we will need some of the information soon.

Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division
Dana Dawson
Data Recovery Tech
Historical Archives Division