August Thoughts - Post & Win

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Re: August Thoughts - Post & Win

Post by Akkamaddi »

Akkamaddi here.

I will go with option #2. Something that I would like to see added is better refining. As things are, many say to leave your refining skill at 10 until you can raise it to 501 through a reset. Similarly, the refineries all produce ores that can be acquired through Surveying. While requiring a higher survey skill, the payout is significantly higher. And on this point, an extractor, unlike a refinery, does not prevent you from changing ships.

What I would like to see is the addition of refineries that produce unique and useful materials. While I would like to see new (and unique) Grivoc refineries that could contribute to the game, it could also potentially be AMR refineries becoming more accessible (new, low-level refineries that can be fed from ship store?).
Hanathus

Post by Hanathus »

Hello Coop! Here's my thoughts.

I've just joined CE so I'm a bit new to all the features, but what I'd like to see maybe is a more friendly map. I'm just getting my feet wet warping around the galaxy, so many of the locations are still unknown to me. I have my few select routs into different systems, and galaxies, but most of it is unknown to me simply because I can't see it! What I'd like to see is a map not only for my current system but one that can link me to others as well! I dislike having three or four different maps opens in different pages just to see where i'm going it gets cluttered really quickly. I was hoping for a map that could lead into other systems. The reason it's so bothersome, is if I'm in sphere, and I want to make a haul trip, or plan anything that's more than one mission to more than one system, I have to either guess or rely on which of the few systems I know are close together in that galaxy. This leads me to take hauling runs to the one section of that part of space that I actually know because I can't open a map to say furnace while i'm in the sphere. So taking missions outside of my system seems more like a guessing game. With more systems being added constantly, the universe is expanding rapidly, and It would be nice to get a small gimps into those regions without having to make a super jump. Nothing is more bothersome than taking two missions you thought were next to each other and finding out you have to jump across half the galaxy just to drop that extra mission you thought was close and beneficial.

I'm sure to vets this post seems really silly and redundant because you've all got those routs planned and memorized like the back of your hands. But for new players and people who don't have road maps through the entire universe, it can be a little intimidating trying to take missions to places you don't have a map or anyway of knowing where things are. Sorry! That's my two cents, and i'm sure for most of you it will seem silly. Thanks for you time regardless!

- Captain Hanathus.
Last edited by Hanathus on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Captain pikolinianita

I wait for War Board (use of Aurora items), but News about bugs in Ship OS are very... suspicious :) I like ISN News :)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OK Folks this one draws to a Close. Today I will sit down with a Pot of Tea and a plate of Toast and read each and every post. I will make notes on those that peak my interest and those that are just plain stellar ideas :) Also this was to gauge the opinion of those playing ~(well those that play and read the forums and take part).

Thank-you all for taking part. Five pages of replies should give me food for thought :)

As I read each post I will of course add the rewards. So by days end this post will have been processed.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!