Say Hi - Grab some Flags!

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Say Hi - Grab some Flags!

Post by Coops »

At the time of writing this, there is still 2 weeks and four days till we close down the Olympic / Paralympic Flag collection. It's one of the largest collection we do in Core-Exiles and is for a coveted unique Pod this year. Many of you are doing a great job of collecting a unique set but some of you are struggling it seems with a select few that seem to be being hard to collect.

Well I'm not heartless or indeed ignorant of how frustrating it can be to collect the few darn extras out of 82, so I'm holding some 'Pop in say Hi' and claim some Flag Shouts - starting today and running over the weekend and Bank Holiday.

So...

Watch out for when the Shout is active - It appears in the game header. Whilst active, pop in to Chat and say hi and ask for TWO flags (by Country) per day. Starting today and running till Monday Midnight Game time.

Make sure to include an @Coops so it gets my attention. Those that I miss, I'll catch up n my next perusal of Discord Chat. (Hence the need for the @Coops)

If you take part this afternoon Evening, Sat, Sun and Monday that gives you an extra 8 Flags of YOUR choice! Please dont ask for them to be given to others, I will be adding flags to the person that sks for them, you can swap them to your hearts content.

As a Reminder, the Flag Set Hand Ends with the Olympic Offices will be remaining open until 8.00 PM on the 10th of September for any last minute Flag set hand ins.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
MarcSp

Re: Say Hi - Grab some Flags!

Post by MarcSp »

Is something wrong with the chat icon on the bottom footer bar?
Tried to enter chat thru the icon button, it opens a separate discord login window
and offers an invite, but clicking accept results in a Whoops Error cant accept, then
rejects you back to the welcome window. As of game time Aug 23, 9:47PM.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

MarcSp wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:47 pm Is something wrong with the chat icon on the bottom footer bar?
Tried to enter chat thru the icon button, it opens a separate discord login window
and offers an invite, but clicking accept results in a Whoops Error cant accept, then
rejects you back to the welcome window. As of game time Aug 23, 9:47PM.
I tested it this morning in Edge and Firefox and worked fine. I also have the desktop app installed and it offered to open the server channel in the app, i declined each time (to test) and it opened both times in a browser window. Note last year we switched to a server policy level that means only people with registered discord accounts can access (fully) the server. This is because of the level of spam and bad actors we were getting at the time.

But the link issued by the game footer IS valid, and does work.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

Can you create a new Discord Server invite?
I keep getting an invalid link error when I try to get on
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

As I see you managed to get into the channel today, I'll assume you resolved your issue. Again, just for clarity, the invite link in the game footer IS valid. I won't post it here as the game chat is for CE/ PT players only and posting it in this forum will only get us a slew of crawler bots visiting us.

Generally the issue is that you are not logged in to Discord itself with a valid account, and as we now use their security level that requires a registered account to access the Server is likely where you were having issues.

Try THIS POST for some tips on how to deal with. Also, please ensure you're using the Chat invite from the in game footer.

Coops