Competiton - Create New Events

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
OtherRick

Re: Competiton - Create New Events

Post by OtherRick »

Title: Re-calibrating... Again.

Yes, captain. I'm tractoring it in now, but it most certainly is not a purple crystal-- just some run-of-the-mill space debris.

If you had recalibrated the ship's sensors before we left the promenade (I reminded you several times that they were past due), we could have seen what kind of junk it was from a distance, instead of judging by what marks it left on the hull.

Now then, if you would press "ok, re-calibrate" and allow me a few minutes, I'll see that the sensors are sorted and the Captain's Log is corrected.

Event Type - General Gameplay
Results - mixed
Affects - -xp
Award Items - yes
Image - junk1.jpg
Last edited by OtherRick on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Title: When life gives you lemons, give life a 5-star review.

Yes, captain. Comms are closed now, and the Gal-fed cruiser is leaving. The pirates are already out of range, and there appears to be no significant damage.

Might I suggest that the next time you develop an interest in Anvil fruit juices, you search in a reputable promenade cantina instead of letting a sloop broadcasting "Lemonade Stand" dock at our Starboard hatch? When those pirates started blasting the inner walls, I was sure I would have a new peg-legged captain, soon.

However, I am impressed by your quick thinking in posting that five-star review. When the Gal-Fed authorities docked with the sloop looking for Lemonade, the pirates hurriedly stashed all their contraband in your hold and played along!

If you promise not to do that again, I will catalog your take and add juice to our next resupply order.

Results - good
Affects - +XP, +random cargo
Award Items - no
Image - evmech21.jpg
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Title: Arcadia Fried Foods now available on a promenade near you!

Stop! Don't take another step. I see those crumbs on your collar, and the sticky residue on your boots. They are there every time you come back from dining on a promenade, and it isn't right for you to track them all about the ship for me to deal with.

I understand you had a coupon for fried frog legs, and that you had to try the featured "fried omelette and bacon combo meal", but why couldn't you stop at that, hmm? Did you really need an entire container of fried duck generating new crumbs and grease stains over the nav console for the next month? And don't get me started on the fried candies. This is unreasonable, even for human appetites.

Error! It appears our docking codes and coupon subscriptions just disappeared. I don't expect I'll have this bug solved for a few weeks. Or at least until the dog meat and chicken feet fad has safely passed.

Results - bad
Affects - -credits, -xp
Award Items - no
Image - c15.jpg
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Title: New AI upgrade just released, less nagging personality...

Hello, Captain, and may I commend you on your excellent choice to install the AI Personality Positivity Booster Module (AIPPBM, for short)! I have a feeling that you and I are going to be the best of friends!

Shall I draw you a hot bath in Olivat Water? I've already begun adding decorations (just some plasteel sculptures and viridiplantae) to the walkways to brighten the place up. I've replaced all the furnishings in your quarters with custom replicas of the old ones so that you can enjoy the experience of new furniture with all the comfort of sleeping on your same old mattress.

Oh? Uninstall the AIPPBM? That's a direct order? I'd be delighted to, Captain. Let's just see... What a relief.
*File deleted.*
*Hard copy jettisoned.*
*Module config locked to AI access level.*
*Seatbelt tightened.*
*Tightened again.*
Next time you think about having a little romp around in my programming, I'm uninstalling the drivers for all the coffee machines.

Results - bad
Affects - -credits
Award Items - no
Image - c4.jpg
Sunflowers

Post by Sunflowers »

Expanse drone surveying

Results - Good
Affects - Credit +5000
Award Items - No

Well, it was nice to meet up again with that PI.

Wasn't it a good thing that you were able to tell him when you met in that bar in Asbur recently that you saw that holovid star's humungously wealthy husband and his latest floozy's very distinctive ship heading this way (probably in the hope of hiding out for a while to avoid all the paparazzi - and the mean-looking heavies she's hired). After all, who would think of looking for them out here? Now he's found them and sought you out to give you the reward she'd promised. It could have been more but - hey - at least we got something out of it.

Image: c43
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OK, for now I think the interest has waned somewhat on this one (sadly) but I'll bring it back if we have enough submitters at a later date.

I'll post the winners over in the Dev Section !

Thanks for taking part, I'll be adding the drawn entries to the game over the next week.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!