Competiton - Create New Events

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: Competiton - Create New Events

Post by Elkhorn »

Mining Event: Bad

Asteroid Burst Asunder

Captain! It looked like a perfectly normal asteroid! How was I to know it was an explosives stash?
Beside, YOU were the one that shot it!

There is minor damage to the hull, nothing an EBT won't fix. You do have some aboard, right?

Result - Bad

Damage to hull - 800

Award Item - No

Image AI1
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

1: Event Type

Derelict Exploring
Results - Bad
Affects - Credit (no)
Award Items - Yes (preferably Salvage category)

2: Title for the Event

All that glitters… is highly radioactive!

3: Event Text

Captain, please, stop touching things in this room. That glowing green sand-like powder is refined Xenorus, a highly radioactive mineral mined in the Expanse. It can be used for hardening Alien Industrial Alloys, and it is used in the focusing arrays of plasma-based salvage weaponry. It seems a storage crate being moved through here underwent explosive decompression, becoming a radioactive fragmentation bomb.

Most of the remaining Xenorus containment cubes are damaged, and are not safe to return to the ship. There may be something recoverable in what was being transported, but you and everything you touch will have to be scrubbed thoroughly before you can reenter the ship.

4: Image selected

19.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Derelict Exploring
Results - Good
Affects - Credit + (high amount / 5000)
Award Items - No

Beware Your Guardian

Captain, those pieces of a security mech scattered about the room, they are not from a security mech. That is a Sakin Mark 2. It’s one of the Genesis Project’s earlier Light Assault Mechs. They are made for ground assaults on planets held by the A.I. The Sakin 4 is still the standard model.

It shouldn’t be on this ship, Captain. All four major Exile powers – yes, even Con Fed – have treaties to not use Genesis Project weaponry against organic targets. If control would be lost or hacked, that could lead to Genesis weaponry becoming a new hostile A.I. power. Even the Naristro would blockade anyone breaking these treaties, as they would also be in danger. Using a Genesis Project mech for security would be highly illegal, even by Con Fed standards.

We need to document this and get the information to authorities. I’m sure there will be a reward and recognition for your efforts.

evmech1.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Derelict Exploring
Results - Bad
Affects - Credit (no)
Award Items - No

Don’t repeat that!

We don’t need a recording of that captain. It’s just graffiti. The writing is Javoran, but it was probably done by a human. Yes, I can read it.

No, I will not translate it for you.

Because you do NOT need that in your vocabulary. I don’t want you repeating that.

Captain, do you remember that nice Naristro you met at Cinq Port? And do you remember what you said to xim? I’m sure xe does, and I’m sure half the Naristro in The Sphere heard about it. I had to send xim the nicest Viridiplantae I could find for St. Glippenflupper’s Night, just to make sure your ship didn’t have an unfortunate accident.

Captain, we live in an age of wonders. So, let’s wonder together if you can behave like an adult for five minutes, I’ll even settle for four, and walk right past that.

found_50.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Derelict Exploring
Results - Good
Affects - Credit + (high amount / 4000)
Award Items - No

Crushed Perls

Captain, record everything, and touch nothing.

That is the remains of a small Perlite. This ship encountered the Children of Perl, or at least one of them. I cannot say what smashed it up so badly, but even a strong static charge can jump-start its repair nanites. I cannot let you take any part of that into your ship, as you do not have any military grade containment equipment. Don’t even get close enough to get dust from it on your suit.

I will have demolition drones move this derelict towards the nearest star. The authorities will reward you for the sighting information alone, and the scan results will get extra credits.

d38.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Derelict Exploring
Results - Good
Affects - Credit + (very high / 20000)
Award Items - No

An Exiled Minister of Finance

It looks like that data tablet is unlocked. Someone didn’t believe in passwords? Well... let’s look... Oh, and old holomail account! Scanning... 837 messages trying to contact him about his Marauder insurance, 172 about lonely captains in his star system, fake luxury watches… Captain, why do you humans even have digital mail?

Oh, no, it looks like he was corresponding with someone claiming to be an exiled minister of finance ousted after a coup d’etat in Anvil. He sent the person quite a large amount of credits to facilitate moving a small fortune from accounts in Darklight to Tonrsul, hoping for a percentage of the final transfer. Captain, this scam is ancient...

Captain... wait... that identifier. That’s Mavra Veskenim! He actually IS an exiled minister of finance, hiding after a coup on Dudinskaya. And... this is a bank withdraw code! And it looks valid!

Well, Captain, no point in letting good credits go to waste.

c17.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

General Game Play
Results - Good
Affects - Credit (no)
Award Items - Yes

Mail in for a prize!

Captain... Why... why did you eat 117 boxes of Frosted Anvil Star Anvil Grain Cereal?

Yes, I know Anvil Grain is high in molybdenum, and I know every bowl of Frosted Anvil Star Anvil Grain Cereal has a whole day’s supply of molybdenum. I can read the box you are barely able to lift. But, Captain, and follow me closely here, your body doesn’t need that much molybdenum.

For a prize? You want me to mail in the box tops for a prize? And you want me to do it because... you can’t feel your feet at the moment?

OK, Captain. Try to pull yourself into the medical POD. Yes, I called poison control two minutes ago. Let’s hope you actually get something worthwhile from this, or at least learn a lesson.

d20.jpg
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

General Game Play
Results - Good
Affects - Credit + (medium / 10000)
Award Items - No

Run it by a child next time.

OK, Captain, let’s see if we can pinpoint where the holoconference fell apart. You believe you have what may be the formula for a new Merlin Refinery process, possibly introducing a new staffium material for widespread use.

You were able to get an audience with the Minister of Material Sciences for Gal Fed space. Virtually present were several respected scientists and engineers, including his spouse and brilliant daughter.

Also, your parents were watching. They seemed nice.

Now, Captain, using Fryesium as a substrate for micro-crystalline Ayuetrum and the Naristro metal Remite, with Tetlinium as a binding agent, is absolutely brilliant. The electrical properties alone are fascinating.

And so, to the Ministers, his colleagues, with his family among them, and your parents... you presented FARTium.

Do you hear it now, captain?

Let me do you a favor, Captain. I’ve installed a personality matrix labeled ‘twelve year old’. Next big idea, enable that and say your idea out loud. If I start laughing, then no. The answer is ‘no.’ It looks like you can still make a little money off the patent sale, though.

found_32.jpg
Sunflowers

Post by Sunflowers »

Mech exploration in Expanse.

Good find!

I wasn't sure about that dilapidated building. I thought it might be a Javoran trap. Good job we're using mechs - but even then it's not worth taking a risk. After all, they're expensive.

However, we struck lucky this time. That was a lucrative cache of Javoran chemicals. There are plenty of companies and institutions who would pay us well to get at those canisters. I'll get them into the ECO and we can take them back to the ship asap. I don't really want to hang around here longer than necessary.

XP: +800 / Talas: 10000/ Mech Condition: Intact

Image: z26
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open.
OtherRick

Post by OtherRick »

Title: Do-it-yourself Hull Repairs

Captain, I don't know where this latest inspiration came from, but it sure did seem wasteful.

Criticisms aside, your plan to repair the ships hull with irradiated fruit juice and other foodstuffs was certainly successful. It just took more plasteel than your outline called for. And steel. And chemicals... Captain, the cargo hold is empty.

At least your effort wasn't fruitless. Just don't forget what you've learned in the process. You'll just have to steel your resolve for the next revision! No, don't delete that file, I didn't mean ....

Log deleted. Let's keep going, eh, captain?

Event Type - General Gameplay
Results - Bad
Affects - lose cargo, repair hull/armour, +XP
Award Items - No
Image - d9.jpg
Last edited by OtherRick on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.