Competition to design a competition

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Competition to design a competition

Post by jcheung »

Title says it all.
See here for more information.

Top idea gains 5 gift certificates... or 15m credits, up to the winner. If there are multiple great ideas, multiple may be chosen and be payed a lesser sum.

Information to consider:
Some CE Staff will be judging, judges (other than Coops) may participate for the prizes.
Total prize amount is up to 400 gift certificates (this competition is not included). Additional loot table can be found at this editable table
Must be reasonably fair, to allow for fair competition between old wall decorations and brand new, overly hyperactive exiles.
Multiple competitions to end up at the target amount is fine.
Donations to increase prize amount are allowed, to include resources, ships, account upgrades, and credits

Have at it!
Last edited by jcheung on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Re: Competition to design a competition

Post by Jager 602 »

I'll start things off with a bracketed 50/50 competition. All players who want in are pitted against another player at random with the winner moving on- a double elimination bracket can be instituted as well. Winnings can be handed out by round or saved for later rounds, or even given to the top x winners. This format can allow things to drag out a little as well, adding hype/suspense/etc. mini-games can allow a player to add a percent or two to their chances.
A plaque on both your horses.
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

i like this...i have no ideas really for a game....so i will leave that to others but i would like to add to the pool 1million credits plus 5 stim packs 5 xp 3 boosts....just cus the whole concept is very cool and give me faith in the world [a little]

:D
Adam Smith

Post by Adam Smith »

Turn it into an april fools type event?

Maybe place april fools items on the promenade, same as with the easter eggs, but make it look like they belong there. At least for a first glance. Given all the various promenade pictures that might be difficult but perhaps a small nondescript ship that in this game of wouldn't look out of place. Anyway, unlike the eggs it would be something that doesn't draw the eye so easily. Given the prize have the rate at which the ships appear be low, very low. The ship can just be an icon taken from the existing images the game has available.

Everyone that finds one can report it and be entered in a draw for 10 gift certificates, with 10 names selected. That would be 1/4 of the total available allowing for further competitions in the future to draw things out.

As certain holidays arrive the rest of the gift certificates can be used in those.
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

If you're able to donate a ship, then you can park it somewhere and players have to find you, if they find you, they get the keys.
this would be a great competition for newer players so they can get a new ship quicker.

this being said, i am willing to supply a ship thats worth around 15 million (i supply the creds, you buy the ship)
(i this idea is worth some creds, you can add them to my 15 mil to buy a ship ;) )
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

can there be npc in game which ask for ancor module etc .
a crafting contest . and when npc requirement for filled the random draw of names to get the prizes.
Mech wars drop some cert name mech say 5Cert prize etc .

say put a fix prize 2m game cr to buy coupen and not max 10 or what ever can deside by each player can buy.
and say after 7 or 2 week of coupen purchase put a random draw of 5orr 10 member etc
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

I'd like a Texas Hold'em Poker or Chess minigame.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Who can donate the most money to Elkhorn? Graduated prizes for the top 10.
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Elkhorn wrote:Who can donate the most money to Elkhorn? Graduated prizes for the top 10.
Elkhorn
suggestion denied.
on the other hand, if it was "who can con the most money out of Elkhorn"...
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Competition for one lucky winner to buff my toenails?