August - Tell them what you think and Win!

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

August - Tell them what you think and Win!

Post by Coops »

A Simple competition to Kick start August.

As always we appreciate what you think of the game and the fact some of you have been here for years and years shows we must be doing something right lol . But for new visitors to CE the place can be somewhat confusing.

So help us and tell new players what you think of CE and perhaps some of the fun you have here :

POST YOUR REPLIES HERE

RULES
#1: ONE ENTRY PER CAPTAIN WILL BE COUNTED
#2: Keep it safe for family audience :)
#3: Have Fun!
#4: If your new and want to take part tell others how your finding it so far.

REWARDS
For those posts made that make it through I will award a Large Festive Mech Pack and a One Month PA account upgrade!

Each day I will go through the submissions and add the prizes.

TIME SCALE
Competition closes 10:00 AM on the 31st of August
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Draykan

Re: August - Tell them what you think and Win!

Post by Draykan »

I've only been playing for about a month, and I have to say all in all, I really like the game. It starts off slow, and if you don't have someone to help you through it can be confusing, but the IRC chat is at the bottom and there is generally at least one person active in it who can answer questions, and there is a great amount of depth to the game as you get further into it.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

How do I love thee? Let me count….. Opps sorry wrong contest.

You ever play one of those games where it seems like you just click where the game directs you to click, you know those MMOs that lead you from quest to so called quest? Your character runs over and bashes 5 purple scorpions or whatever then returns for his reward. You gain levels and fame, only to be clobbered by another player. Well, this isn’t one of them.

Core Exiles allows you a frightening amount of freedom. You can do everything, or nothing. You don’t have to beg friends for some final component or energy or whatever in order to continue. There are a huge number of professions to choose from.

You can mine asteroids, place extractors on planets to pull resources from the ground, battle pirates and aliens for rare loot. Do you like tinkering? You can craft modules or complete items. Heck, you can even craft your own ship!

You can ferry passengers and cargo across 4 galaxies earning credits and experience points. You can take on courier missions, collect bounties and so much more.

Do you like to join a group and gain mutual support, or would you rather go it alone? You can choose to do that.

Finally, do you live game developers that listen and are responsive? If so, you will love this game! Float and idea out there, players comment and the dev will even throw in his two cents...err farthings, pence? anyway he’ll respond.

Come on over. It costs nothing to try! In fact the game is free. You can play the game without ever spending a dime, though there are some benefits to contributing some coin.

That's what I love about this game!
Elkhorn
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

What do I think of this game? Well, I was totally hooked back before it was Core Exiles, so I might be biased, but here goes...
Overall, I really like this game. I like that there are always new things to be doing or learning. Who's got two thumbs and figured out at level 56 that pressing the attack button while derelict salvaging sometimes brings up enemies to fight? This guy!

I like the balance in the skills system- my ip really make a difference, especially at higher levels.

There is a diverse, player-driven economy; I can make millions at a time if I have the right resource or good, and it matters to me because the resources I gathered can go into weapons, shields, equipment of all types, settlements, ships, etc., being crafted by other players. Sure, I can sell back to Joe's, and there are NPC missions if I want to take them, but there's no set mission track. You set your pace, choose what you want to do, and decide for yourself how you're going to get there.

The forums are great. Discussions are lively, and there's usually a contest or two going on to make things even more interesting. I wish I could spend more time in chat, because it gets downright weird/funny sometimes.

Last thing for now, but I can't forget, the other players help make this game so fun. Whether they're mentoring me, buying/selling/trading with me, or reminding me not to go into combat with a mining laser again (and no, a really big mining laser still doesn't cut it), they are part of what makes Core Exiles enjoyable.
A plaque on both your horses.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thanks for entering Guys, PA's and Festive Packs added. - You have till the end of the month to get your responses in Folks...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Post by Moonblade »

Been playing this awesome game for 3 years. The depth of CE is astounding, but you have complete freedom of choice here. You can delve into the intricacies of crafting complex items or just do straight forward professions like mining or hauling cargo. You can concentrate on a few select professions or try the challenging but rewarding exercise of becoming a Jack of all Trades Master of Some. You can play for hours a day or just a few minutes at a time. The choice is yours. Your destiny awaits !
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Post by fjiekie »

I'm very busy renovating my house and i'm still trying to play this game, do i have to say more? :p

I keep enjoying this game even when very busy, i just make sure to do stuff that is less time-consuming, like gather resources for some crafting orders, but now i have to find time to actually craft some VERY large items... oh well, i guess i'll have to manage or my customers might send their AI to visit me, or worse send Rexxx an invite for an open BBQ at my place, that screams for disaster...
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

1 Months PA and a Large Festive Pack to each of you for taking part!

Coops
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Looks like it is hard to tell why we are for 4 or more years here - all those hours, days, weeks.
Easy - get this mission done - remember the mission crates, up to 30 of them - i cursed them, but hey, at the end some IPs are all the time welcome.
I like to get something, how to get all the needed resources, credits, schematics, crafter(s) - all those ways from going alone to sitting at one place and making credits via the GBM to place own contracts, or pop up on IRC and ask a fellow pilot there for help - many ways to go, to get something done.
And here is no time pressure to finish something, often here is plenty of time.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

5 years around and still lot more to do in game .
and its from a person who had been active almost each day .
the amount of things you can do and micro manage you suppose to do keeps you busy a lot :)
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.