Prizes for Events - [CLOSED]

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Darlek

Re: Prizes for Events - [OPEN]

Post by Darlek »

Space H Galaxy Minister who are these people arriveing at the settlement ?
Kooperites! Captain.......Go on tell me more it like pulling teeth getting information out of you and the Imigration Ministry.

They are a group of follower,s who believe the Universe, the Galaxies , the Sytem, the Planets ,my Koffee flavoured O2 and well just about every thing was created by their deity.
Crazy just plain crazy, how do they account for me haveing built this settlement with my bare hands from space dust?

Oh thats not all Captain theres more , you will love this one, "the whole Universe is no more than 10 years old" ...HaHahaHahHa
Thats a LOl looneys on the loose for sure Minister , you better get to the point of them being on my settlement I,m ready to fire them of this rock with a one way ticket.

Your settlement is right in the middle of some lay lines or such hokus pokus, they want to build a forest monument to the deity , were they can pray for divine Fuel.
Thats not all apparently he is likly to appear as the sun goes down disincorporated from a physical form and walking through siad woods.
Hmmm thats spooky best be on the safe side and grant the Kooperites request.
+Morale
+fuel/power
Search Find and exterminate ..... Exterminate..... EXTERMINATE!
FishON

Post by FishON »

We are the best among the rest... (good event)

Captain, the Settlement Owners Association has awarded the Best settlement of the year to us and they gave a plaque and some cash money along with it.

Though in my honest opinion, I don't think we deserve it, but an award is an award and let's just stand proud about it. I'll place this plaque along the hallway. So our staff can see the fruits of their hard work.

Settlement funds: +2%
Settlement morale: +1%
Fish, like people are caught by their mouths.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

A second small batch, as I had a brief spurt of motivation this afternoon.
Extractor Factor

Good morning, Captain. I just received word from the planetary governor that a number of extractors were left at a local ORSA site too long and their contracts ran out. Yes, other people do that as well, it’s not just you.

The extractors have been placed in holding for their owners to return, but the resources they had already collected were seized by ORSA. It seems a percentage of those resources were shared with the planetary government as per the agreement that allows ORSA to run their services on the planet, and the governor is in turn sharing some of those resources with us.

No, there is nothing in our charter that would require him to do so. I think it was because you invited him to that Promenade barbeque a few weeks ago.

+ x Resources.
Crafter’s Paradise

Our settlement was recently featured as a location on that popular “reality” holo show The Amazing Craft. Contestants travel to far-flung locations and compete in challenges to source materials and craft some item, and whoever is the slowest to complete the build gets kicked off the show. Well, the last of the contestants and camera crews just took off.

We received some royalties for allowing the show to film here and the losing crafter left behind a number of modules from his unfinished build. I’m told several locals were used as extras on the show as well, and the filming drew large crowds of excited onlookers.

Yes, Captain, I’d say we made out quite well. I’ll be sure to invite them back when they’re filming the next season.

Settlement Funds: + x
Settlement Morale: + x
Local Collection Point: + x random Crafting Modules
Live Long and Prosper

There has been an increase in volcanism near the settlement recently, Captain. Minor earthquakes and outgassing over the last few weeks have culminated in a small eruption at the local volcano. No, don’t worry, the settlement is not in any immediate danger, but the ash and fumes have become health hazards and the area surrounding the settlement requires some cleanup. Everything will be dealt with shortly, but it has been a drain on the settlement’s funds and the populace was a bit shaken up by the eruption.

On the bright side, the eruption brought a wealth of resources up from deep within the planet and it has had a positive effect on our mining efforts.

Settlement Funds: - x
Settlement Morale: - x
*Mine and Fabricator Output: + x%

* - intended as an increase to the productivity of any mines and fabricators installed at the settlement (the automated settlement buildings that bring in five resources at the same time, not any extractors or factories) for 48 hours. If this is not feasible to implement, then replace with just a + x Resources. Or ignore.
A Conflagration Rages

Captain, duck! Ah, well, never mind. I’ll get a med tech to look at that.

Those angry protestors you were just accosted by were former shop owners from the western Promenade. While you were away a large fire broke out and spread through a large swath of the Promenade before our fire services were able to extinguish it. Unfortunately the fire caused significant property damage as it ravaged a number of shops and homes. We have not yet determined the cause of the fire, though judging by the heat and coloration of the fire I suspect there may have been some volatile chemicals that were not stored properly.

Don’t worry, Captain, those protestors will disperse eventually. They’re running out of things to throw. In the mean time, how about you review our Emergency Services and consider investing a bit more into them, hmm?

Settlement Funds: - x
Settlement Morale: - x
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Note" %Name means Settlement name, %Planet means home Planet for settlement. First sentance is copy-paste from one of ISN news posts, sorry :(

One Event but in two versions - Good if you have Ground Support, Bad if you don't. Last paraghraph mekes difference.
Title: Mech Exhibition

Hello folks Gus Givens here with the latest news from around the galaxies. Today We are in %Name Settlement on Planet %Planet. Interstellar Cybernetic Exhibition has been opened last week. All major corporations show new, or refurbished, designs. Main event today is Power Forge conference named new dimension of Mech Wars. Among others, new Raptor 3 chassis will be shown. Redesigned cooling systems increased maximum speed and, while Gold-Silver Alloy, hardened with liquid Thracium…

Captain, Captain, Turn off ISN, Emergency. Three mechs Escaped from Exhibition! Not armed, but well armored and Equipped with the newest Evade 5.3.1 AI! We must stop them before yhey destroy our Home! Please authorize use of ground Support Guns!

Path a) No ground Support Guns
How? How? Why did you remove all Ground Support? … Useless? Captain! We are very lucky that their AI was buggier than your Ribblez! Mechs overheat themselves in five minutes, but they made a lot of damage in meantime! And our insurance state clearly – Guns has to be manned 24/7. No excuses. You have to cover all expenses! How do you tell your men that you just lost their year bonuses?

Cash ---, Morale ---

Patch b) Ground support Exist
Woo Hoo, Captain, those useless drills pay off! Few shots and rampaging mechs become pile of junk! This time everything is on tape. And Power Forge wants to buy them from you for nice sum. They cover all repairs too. On top of that, we were able to retrieve few almost undamaged Mech parts; we dropped them in your Secure storage. Have Fun on Arena, Captain!!!

Cash +, Morale +, Few mech parts (possibly one Raptor 3 chassis, very similar to ver 2, but with different graphic on Arena :).
Deathsgate

Post by Deathsgate »

Captain, we have a problem in the Shopping Center.

There was a heavy surge in the Power Control section of your Shopping Center, requiring a partial rebuild of the Control Runs and Generator Systems -- the Mall will be closed for X number of days for Repairs and Upgrades. Repairs will cost X amount of Credits on top of the time closed.

- no income from the Mall for X (random, 2-4) number of days while damages are repaired
(deduct X days of Shopping Center Income from Overall Income)
- CR 25K per day, for Repair Costs (reduced by a % based on current Disaster Services Value)
- small Moral drop due to 'favorite shopping places are closed'
- a small Tourism drop because of the 'construction crews and mess' on the Promenade

Aren't Universities a joy to have around Captain ?

A visiting Lecturer at your University, doing a Book Tour for his new book '40 Ways to Zark Your Quark', has create some local interest in the Physics Department, as well as brought in a number of followers from other planets in the area. We are sure that this interest will pass, but there are an awful lot of 'High Brow' types and 'Big Names' from the Science World wandering around for now, and that has to be a good thing.

- small, short term Tourism boost
- a 3 day SRP Boost, based on University size

BONUS - a small Income Boost from your Sett Hotel (if you have one) to house the Lecturer and his entourage.

Thank all that is Good and Right in our world that we invested in decent Disaster Services, Captain !

That last Pirate Raid did structural damage to various buildings in the Settlement that didn't show up for a couple of days afterwards. When the damage did show up, it was in the form of a collapsed Fly Over Structure, connecting two High Rise Buildings at the 5th Level. The ensuing collapse has disrupted lives, as well as left a huge cleanup mess to be dealt with.

- Small Moral Drop
- CR 50K Cleanup Costs (reduced by a % based on current Disaster Services Value X 7.5. minimum of CR 5K)

** based on 6th level of Services being 12%. the multiplier makes it a 90% reduction, and the minimum makes sure there is SOME cost for Cleanup. This type of 'problem' would be pretty much eradicated by Sett Lvl 6, and be more of a nuisance than anything else -- Base Cost could be adjusted, as well as Multiplier to make certain problems 'go away' after a given level of Upgrade to the various Services ** just a thought :) DG

Well, would ya look at that ! Captain, do you remember that old guy that wandered around doing odd jobs, collecting recycleables and turning them in, stuff like that? He always looked like he needed a good meal and a good scrub ? Yeah, that guy, Phil I think his name was. 'Crazy Old Phil' he was called. Harmless as a baby Fuzzduck.

Well, it turns out that he passed away recently and they found some anomalies in his background. He had left some papers with one of the flop houses, notarized and everything, saying he wanted to leave various amounts of Credits to certain organizations. Nobody believed him until now -- turns out he was worth BILLIONS !! For example, he left huge amounts to the Arts, especially the Symphony types, who have little or no funding at best. The old San Ferran Harmonic collected a pile from this windfall and renamed themselves to 'The San Ferran PHIL Harmonic' in his honor.

The upshot is .. WE were named in that list as well !! It seems that of all the places he had wandered through and around, he liked our friendly tourist services the best. Actually, the wording was more like : The Cops didn't beat you as bad when they picked you up for vagrancy and they at least tried to make sure the food was edible in jail. Anyway, we stand to collect a bit of cash from the reading of his will, all for being nice to 'Crazy Old Phil'.

- CR 100K plus a bonus of (Tourism and Trade Services X 5) - 20% for being nice to Old Phil (subject to a Maximum of CR 250K -- he didn't like you THAT much)
- PLUS a reminder that Tourism does pay !!

** reasoning : the - 20% makes sure that Tourism and Trade are NOT treat as 'something we have to invest in, but would rather not' -- it makes the first couple of 'token levels' worth a little bit more now, and necessary to even collect the full initial amount of the behest of Old Phil -- the X5 multiplier makes the Bonus equal to CR 10K per Level of Tourism -- the Max Limit sets a needed cap **

I will work on more ideas as I find time to actually type them out -- DG
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Snoopy Snooping

Sir, please prepare for full audit from the Galactic Federation, and full means by the Treasury, the Military, the Bureau of Commercial Storage, and ORSA. No not O.R.S.A., ORSA - the Our Ribbelz need Saving Association. They have a rather complete list of violations to discuss with us.

It appears the galactic auditing organizations have been taking lessons from the paparazzi. Do you remember the VIP guest with the robotic dog? Yes, the one that you personally brought an a "Behind the Scenes" tour of the settlement. I've rerun the sensor logs
of that visit and the dog contained a rather more complete sensor pack than your typical robotic pet would require. I suggest new rules limiting guest robotic access to the public areas.

So the auditors have first-hand evidence of every safety and maintenance violation that you walked them past. Well, lessons learned and all that. Oh, and ORSA....there was this video of several SNARGs playing Chase the Ribbelz and all the guests were laughing until they couldn't breathe. ORSA is unhappy but who cares? We have a great new entertainment idea for the guests.

-money (audit)
-morale (audit)
+tourism
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

Hmm, Captain, you may not want to look around the promenade too much for a few days, at least not until we’ve cleaned up a bit. Yes, Captain, I know how much you put into your settlement and how much it means to you. You keep dumping credits into keeping it going and adding all these upgrades, but some visitors are just not appreciative of all of that.

A particularly rowdy group of pilots didn’t appreciate the specific layout of your promenade, and the choice of services available to them. You won’t want to know all the things they’ve done, but needless to say it’ll take some credits to clean it all up and repair a few small things. The bigger issue is the hit to morale. Your staff and even some visitors here at the time were very upset over the whole situation, understandably so, but I’m sure everyone will be happy to return once the clean-up is complete.

I would suggest adding those pilots to your restricted docking list. No, I don’t think the potential income you could make from them is worth allowing this sort of situation from occurring again. The good news, if you want it, is that word has spread and a lot of pilots have rallied to your cause, so you can expect a slight bump in tourism for the next few days. I’m sure everyone just wants to make sure you’re doing ok - you know how much your staff and regulars care about you and the work you put in around here.

- Credits (low)
- Morale (high)
+ Tourism
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

So, uh, Captain, we got this shipment in this morning. A barrel of machine lubricant, and the delivery order mentioned something about being a payment on poker debts. Frankly Captain, I don’t really need to know what you get into during your off hours.

Anyway, we sent the barrel down to the Gleso people, figured they could find some use for it. The report we got back from them is interesting, to say the least. Turns out this is some kind of prototype lubricant, reduces friction between parts while efficiently transferring heat, or something along those lines - couldn’t much follow it myself. The point is that any installed factories that had this lubricant applied to them saw an increase in efficiency by 5%, which should last for a few days at least.

Those who have their factories installed here were obviously overjoyed by this news, and their general good mood has increased overall morale throughout the settlement. These pilots were even happy enough to share some of the output with you, so they banded together and sent you a shipment of resources as a thank you.

So I guess you were right when you said your poker addiction was “good for the settlement”, and I guess you’re better at bluffing than I thought.

+Gleso efficiency
+Morale
+Resources
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Nygglithomi diarrhea

prereq: Alien in union office

Captain, Emergency! Someone planted bomb in our water treatment facility! Our Engineer saw it: “When first sunrise hits facility Huge Geyser emerges, higher than surrounding trees. After 30 seconds it subsided, but 3 minutes later huge explosion covers entire settlement with thick blanket of… something strange.

New reports, Captain. We don’t know what this substance is. No smell, quite not toxic. First analysis shows complex mixture of organic compounds. Maybe it was not a bomb, after all. And a good news – all Aliens fled from our settlement. No, I’m not racist, Captain! Yes, they scream a lot. Our translators were not able to interpret, but they run very fast. Some their ships started even without clearance!

I was right, it was Naristro sabotage!!! …kind of. That mysterious substance is full of Expanse microbes and their metabolites. One of our Alien visitors had Nygglithomi diarrhea. Don’t worry, Captain, it is innocuous to us, humans, but it is really severe for them. No surprise there is no Alien left on entire planet. On the other hand, we have a lot of cleaning left. Would you help, Captain?

Morale -, some Alien Organic Matter into CS+ ***reroll of alien passengers***
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Naristro Brawl
(prerequisite: Union office with at least two Alien Pass)

Captain, do you know what Nyggquantrfrumm means? No? It is Alien kind of sport. They say it is team sport, something between rhythmic gymnastics and sumo, with elements of parachute jumping and poetry. No Captain, I’m not crazy.

Why do I mention Nyggquantrfrumm? It seems Naristro are quite fanatic about it, almost as much as Eden citizens with Alligator races. No kidding. And we had one Alien from Dhudhangu and one from Yonartthakr in our Union Office. Apparently they had local derby recently. I don’t know resoult, unfortunately.

Why do I mention Nyggquantrfrumm? Don’t scream, Captain, I’m going to conclusion. Discussion about match was very hot, and ended with shooting with personal weapons. No one was hurt, but waiting hall needs small refurbishing. And the roof. Yes, captain, Naristro consul offered us compensation, but in Talas, and with official currency rate. It is 1000:1. Laughable, isn’t it?

Money--- Talas+, ***reroll two Alien pass***
note: I meant cost 100k cr, reward 100 Tl.