Prizes for Events - [CLOSED]

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Darlek

Re: Prizes for Events - [OPEN]

Post by Darlek »

Chief Scientist Spooc
do come in I have been expecting you and your report on the strange behaviour in the Labs.
Well Chief dont be shy lets hear it.

Captain It all started with a sugestion of a party and a few drinks and nibbles to relieve the stress from the tight schedule we have to complete the new Super Trans Hydrator Coil or Super THC as we in the Lab,s like to call it.
One of the younger scientists accidentaly mixed with the cookies some lubricating oil from the Super THC and thats when strange things started happening.
BY the Galaxy all I can remember from that couple of hours was a lot of laughing, people muncing all the nibbles except for this last one was left in my pocket, several new major insights in to the workings of the Galaxy and breack thoughs in Super THC Theory.

That will be all then Chief leave the cookie here for further annalysis.
Hmmm I small bite should be ok, I can nto sya I have notcied any difenferce I mgiht have a nwe prudoct here who knwos.

+research
Search Find and exterminate ..... Exterminate..... EXTERMINATE!
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

"Drilling 101"

(Bad and good event)

Captain!
This message has just arrived from our settlement. At 05:31AM local time a very large asteroid was detected by our Early Warning System at coordinates 8 degrees, 5 minutes, 32 seconds xeon; 132 degrees, 12 minutes, 25 seconds ystel and 247 degrees, 51 minutes, 19 seconds zergo. This sudden appearance of a planet killer sized asteroid at such close proximity to the planet is completely inexplicable. The approaching speed and collision course left little doubt that this was an attack by unknown forces.

Yet there was some hesitation to destroy it because scans revealed its shape had an uncanny resemblance to Rexx Shredd’s derriere. Still after the momentary lapse in concentration our offensive weapon crews gleefully proceeded to repeatedly drill it. The ensuing convulsive explosion rent the asteroid into small fragments which rained down on the settlement and surrounding areas for over two hours.

Our settlement shields absorbed much of the impacts but there was some structural damage inflicted once the shields failed. Overall we can consider ourselves lucky this time. Our settlement scraped by with minimal damage. Our security, space and scientific personnel are investigating who or what might have been behind this behind.

Settlement Shields: 0 HP
Settlement Morale: -6%
Misc. Ores: +500 tons
Last edited by Oryuken on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
Xanid
CE Official Supporter

Post by Xanid »

S.N.A.R.G. Sec

Captain, your Economic Stimulus Plan for our settlement continues unabated. I admit that I was skeptical as you negotiated with the merchant, King David, and his personal lawyer, Locknload. You are probably right that there is no reason for concern when dealing with a person emulating royalty and his lawyer is surely an amicably-named fellow.

The first three shipments of S.N.A.R.G Sec units have been deployed along the Promenade for almost a week now. Arming them with sedative-laced dart launching pea shooters has not only decreased the local crime rate; children and adults alike have been flocking to our settlement as they find those cute little pea shooter toting augments completely endearing. Business in the Promenade is booming!

Alas, I have some concerns. Your brother-in-law was a poor choice to review Barrister Lockinload's contract and addenda. I understand he has trouble with standardized tests, but he failed the bar exam 27 times. In fact, the only positive thing I have noted about him are his drug tests.

Also, the waste disposal crew reported that while they were recycling the S.N.A.R.G. Sec cryo-stasis containers, they came across several warning labels and feeding instructions. I am in the process of reviewing these documents, as I fear your attorney did not. Storm clouds gather.

Settlement Funds -X (purchase of units)
Settlement Funds +X (increased tax revenue)
Settlement Morale +X
Tourism +x

My inclusion of King David and Locknload is a small tribute to two players who have helped me greatly in my journey through CE. I apologize if this violates any rule I may have overlooked and certainly, names can be changed to protect the innocent. I have a couple of more entries related to this line of thought I will add later, though I do not know if you have the capability of doing serial events.
FishON

Post by FishON »

Asteroid dust particles (Bad Event for settlements that have an Asteroid Field within the System they are located.)

Captain, there has been a great increase of mining in the nearby Asteroid Field lately and because of this our settlement's environment has been covered with a thick dust particles coming from mining that Asteroid Field.

Our Waste Disposal team with the help of the mining team is doing their best in cleaning the dust particles and find solutions to this issue. The mining team also reported that they were able to salvage some resources by reprocessing the dust particles they collected.

Although we gain some valuable resource, thanks to the efforts of the mining team. This issue has cost us quite a large sum of money. Let's just hope we found a solution to this or we will be bankrupt in no time and the Intergalactic Settlement Committee might give us some fine and sanctions for making our settlement messy and dirty, which means more money and confidence lost.

Settlement Funds -15%
+Assorted Resources: (random assorted resources that can be mined on the asteroid field within the System. The Assorted resources should only be worth or close to 5% of the settlement fund.)
Fish, like people are caught by their mouths.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Bad Weather

Sir, I know you spend most of your time either in the ship or your office and rarely have time to "enjoy the great outdoors". So it it may come as a surprise to you that we are about to be hit by the fourth major weather event in two weeks.

This is having a cascading effect upon all of our services. This weather is causing equipment breakdowns, which means more shift hours performing maintenance. The equipment down is causing delayed transportation cycles which means longer queues for both employees and tourists going anywhere which means less money being spent. It is also generating short tempers and more comps to unhappy guests.

In short, tourism revenue is down, production efficiency is down, morale is down, costs are up. We can only hope that the weather patterns change soon.

//due to nature of event this could easily have a variable penalty effect//
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

"Pet Talent Contest"

(Good Event)

Captain,
I have to admit that I thought your idea for holding a Captain's Pet Talent Show on our settlement was well.....ummm....daft comes to mind. After all, my pet fossilized iguana has had better results with ideas than you. But I will ungraciously admit that in this ONE case you had an idea...amazing. The Pet Talent Show has been declared a success.

Among the top contenders for First Prize was our own Ship's pet. Unfortunately, the judges' untrained ears could not appreciate the beauty of Palalon's Planetary Anthem sung silently. I thought the pet spinning numerous plates on long rods was quite good as well. That is until one of his plates got away from him and and slid under the pet that was just placing his left foot in the twister game who fell flat on his face and kicked the robowaiter that was serving drinks who then spilled the drinks and said liquid splashed all over the spot where a pet was doing somersaults who slipped on the liquid and flew through the air to make a perfect all points landing in the judges' laps knocking all of them over and giving one judge a slight concussion. Security Forces were called to separate some Captains who had resorted to fisticuffs over the wayward plate. The Show was only delayed for an hour.

After that slight and unfortunate series of mishaps were straightened out, the Talent Show continued. The pet spinning a ball on her nose while standing on one foot was the obvious favorite of the crowd. There were a few objections raised from some quarters when the one foot turned out to be the Pet's Captain's foot. The judges, however, ruled that it was not false advertising. The judges' deliberations were quite short and it wasn't surprising that the ball spinning pet belonging to Captain....well, you know who... was awarded First Place. Congratulations goes out to the winner! And congratulations to you also Captain, for having an idea.

Settlement Morale: +5%
Settlement Funds: +5%
Red Dragon Enterprises
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

“Lady Mariko’s Secrets”

( good event )

Captain, we have a developing situation on our settlement that really needs your attention. Around six months ago Red Dragon Enterprises petitioned our settlement for a store space. It was readily approved and construction was begun immediately. The store is a Lady Mariko’s Secrets Boutique.

Since the opening two weeks ago business at the store has been thriving. This is where the problems start. All the men and some few of the women are ignoring work and flocking to the Boutique to ‘buy’ some urgent item. A little investigation turned up that the sales ladies at the Boutique were offering free live modeling of the ahmm.. items available for sale.

The wives got wind of their husband’s ardent shopping sprees and mobbed the store. A huge fight has ensued with wives pulling the hair and clothes of the sales ladies and the sales ladies fighting back the same way. Many of the ladies garments have been completely shredded and their undergarments are in imminent danger of suffering the same fate. Some spectators were calling out ‘cat fight!’ but I detected no cats in the vicinity. Security Forces and the men are just standing there watching. Obviously, they are at a complete loss as what to do. Captain, you need to do something. Captain? Why are you grinning so strangely? Captain? Don’t rush so.

Settlement Morale: +2%
Settlement Funds: +2%
Damages: -8000 credits
Last edited by Oryuken on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

bad event

Clumsy Crafting

Can you tell me who crafted that building?! It is clear that you can't replace Iron Ore with alluminium, or Wood with MDF, just to cut costs.
When the rafters began to crumble, a good dozen of our staff were injured, and I'd check the research department, because that pile of rubble reminds me a lot of one of our computers.
It will take a while to get all this mess back in operation, and I won't blame if those guys give you a hard time to get back to work in that room.
Wiki Nut
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

Good event

Rookie Miner, minor rocks

I'd frown upon you Captain, if I had any facial expression at all. You shouldn't have taken advantage of that guy like that. He was clearly unaware of what he had just mined from the asteroid field.
Just be careful, if he ever finds out you gulled him, he'll be back and guess where he'll stick that mining laser of his...
Anyway... nice crate!
Wiki Nut
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Mineral Spirits

Captain, the odd events started subtle: At first, flower pots would mysteriously fall and scatter dirt on the floors of offices and housing units. Later, cleaners and sweepers would move on their own to remove all the messes. The cycle of arbitrarily falling debris and phantom clean-ups led me to do some research into an amazing discovery - Our settlement is built atop an ancient Vacuum-Cleaner Salesman Burial Ground. We have ghosts!

Buying a small Doberman Pincher Burial Ground and transplanting it to this planet seems to have solved the issue - for now.....and, during the excavation operation, you got a small resource bonus in the process.

Settlement Finances: - 2000 credits
Settlement Morale: +1%
Bonus: x-quantity random Ore Resource