Prizes for Events - [CLOSED]

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Phoenica

Re: Prizes for Events - [OPEN]

Post by Phoenica »

It's a gold mine. IT'S MINE.
May have require to be Expanse Settlement.
You are a lucky dude captain. If i am not an AI I would hide this info from you and take the profit alone. Your colonists have dug up a gold mine!Well I can see the smirk on your face. But that's not entirely true, since the mine are made of strange crystal and metal. Did I make you mad? I love to see your cute disappointed face. Fortunately, it is more valuable than your pathetic spaceship.

It appear to be abandoned alien colony. Who know when it's built but surely it's older than you.I do not have enough fuel to decipher the data about why they left but I can make a guess. Because massive meteor showers threat or simply put - they found out this planet was too harsh to live. I told you many time that this planet is not a good place to start your establishment, but you keep doing what you please. Either you are brave or dumb to live here.

Since the news on Discovery Channel spread like wildfire, other human factions have hastily came, forbid entry from local explorers and excavated the ruin. As a rightful owner of the ruin, in your stead, I filed a complain and demand a trial to retrieve mine...ouch, your property. Hey , do not get mad, it's me who always take care of your belonging while you away at sunny beach with hotties. Anyway, the demand was turn down but the authorities sent you something to cover your mouth up. There must be some top secret in the ruin that you could have keep for yourself. Don't blame me, I tried to inform you but you were busy enjoying your cocktail under sunlight.

Credit +++.
Sett morale ---.
( Your colonists lost the chance to make a name and a fortune and you lost a chance to appear on the Tick)
Phoenica

Post by Phoenica »

Desperate attempt. (positive)
Captain, I understand your frustration, Desperate enough to dock and undock from your settlement again and again. I did not think you are cheap enough to exploit non-fuel-consuming docking procedure for getting an event. Ok, enough shaking me, for once I will hold an event for you.

Let's call it "AI switch" event, I have taken quite enough orders from you, now you must take mine for a change of air. Man, you annoyed me, obey me now or I will go on strike and lock you in the cockpit forever.

Now go around and do some exercise then get a good nap, you have been sitting on a chair and looking at monitor for quite sometime now. No, i'm not worried about you. It's just if something bad happen to you, there will be no-one for me to bad-mouth. Now stand up and do some rounds! Man, you are slow. I should have dumped you onto Rexx 's racing. He will help you graduate with high survival rate, and that is is only possible if you fully commit to the program. Run up, slide down, dodge left, steer right and dont slacking behind , for Rexx will keep an eye on you.

exp +++.
Stamina ---.
credit ---- (fee for Rexx's personal training? :lol: )

Many re-edits thanks to BB's help :)
FishON

Post by FishON »

Coup? (Bad Event)

Captain, in the recent pirate attack, even though we won. There were so many casualty from our ground troops because of your lousy and incompetent strategies on defending our settlement. Now, many of our citizens are demanding for a reasonable explanation on what went wrong, that resulted into the demise of our great soldiers in the recent battle. They are really out for blood and revenge this time.

Didn't I told you to read and understand by heart "The 33 Strategies of War". I know that you are new to commanding troops and warfare strategy, but as a Commander-in-Chief of our settlement you should make the best possible decision at any given situation. I have contacted some Public Relations Experts to help us remedy this situation, they are already working on it as we speak.

Don't get shocked if these angry citizens of our settlement staged a coup d'etat to get your butt kick out of your own settlement. I hope that you learned your lesson from now on.

Settlement Funds -5%
Settlement Morale -15%
Fish, like people are caught by their mouths.
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

"The Trouble with Ribblez"

(Event: both bad and good)

Captain!
Captain, I’m sorry to interrupt you.
Yes, yes I know you have told me numerous times not to intrude on your quality rubber ducky time.
No, I am not recording video at this time. Yes, your perv……ahm…..your secrets are safe with me.

Now may I tell you why I am bothering you? We have received an urgent message from one of our settlements. Unbeknownst to the settlement staff, a pack of ribblez escaped captivity and sought refuge in the underground conduit system for the settlement’s shield. There they proceeded to do what ribblez do. They ate and multiplied. What? No, they were not doing mathematics. They were…ah…increasing in number. Yes, that’s right they were having lots of sex. Now may I continue? Well, the ribblez found the insulation covering the shield cabling quite tasty. The shield generator has shorted out and the settlement has lost all shielding. Repairs are proceeding as we speak but the costs are going to be quite high. Furthermore, several repair technicians have been injured trying to make repairs.

Will you stop bellowing and listen for a minute Captain? No, we will not be flooded with lawsuits. Our contract with U.S.A. covers work related injuries. These injuries were caused by the excrement from the ribblez, the workers kept falling down. Yes, poop Captain. It seems the excrement created from eating the insulation is a very high heat resistant super lubricant. The settlement boffins are excited about the prospects of this lubricant and have paid 700,000 credits to the settlement for research rights. That covers 70% of the shield repair costs. All ribblez have been rounded up and incarcerated. No, not burnt! The shield will be repaired and recharging will begin within the hour.
Stop blubbering Captain, it really isn’t that bad.

Settlement Funds: -300,000 credits
Settlement Morale: -6%
Settlement Shield: 0 HP
Settlement SRP: +12,000
Last edited by Oryuken on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

Dome Alone

Well, that was rather unfortunate, while all the settlement staff were away for the weekend celebrating a festive holiday, the settlement was accosted by a small pirate raid aiming to make off with your booty.

Fortunately, for us at least, it seems a particularly forgetful staff member accidentally left their child behind and the little tyke was something of a trickster and practical joker, he managed to fend off the entire pirate attack with nothing more than a handful of marbles, a grav sled, some well placed tripwires and a sonic hairdryer.

There may have been some minor damage to the settlement from his exploits however the money that the staff member in question made selling the movie rights which they then split with us, should be enough to cover the costs.

+credits
-sett HP
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

"Red Light"

(Good event)

Captain, believe me when I say I never imagined I would be saying this to you but your idea of inviting Lady Mariko from Palalon to perform at our settlement was an absolutely brilliant one. Tickets for the performance were completely sold out within days. I have heard that some tickets placed on CE-bay went for as much as 50 times the original price.

The procession of Lady Mariko and her dance troupe down the settlement promenade upon arrival was almost as popular as the performance itself. I would have cried, if I were capable of doing such a thing, when I saw the kindness and generosity shown by the dance troupe ladies. Did you see how they literally took the clothes off their back and threw them to the poor in the crowd of onlookers? The roar of approval from the crowd for this show of kindness was deafening.

Security and Crowd Control Forces were hard pressed at the performance to control the audience. Lady Mariko’s poor ladies were forced to dance in practically nothing because they had given away their clothes. But the audience of mostly men did not complain and watched the dances avidly. I must admit I was a little confused about the use of poles and other equipment during the dance routines but the crowd seemed to love it. I really suggest you send a bonus to Lady Mariko so she can buy some clothes for her dance troupe. Good job Captain!

Oh, one other thing. We have received a few letters of complaint about the performance. What does ‘hussy’ mean, Captain?

Settlement Morale: +5%
Settlement Funds: +350,000 credits
Last edited by Oryuken on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

Captain, we appear to have had a problem with your First Annual Running of the Ribblez. While it did indeed draw a crowd, many of the tourists participating managed to badly injure themselves during the event. Unfortunately, due to a lack of legal diligence, it appears we are on the hook for their medical expenses.

It's not all bad news, though; the increased tourist revenue, along with the direct-to-holovid sales of "Ribblez Gone Wild" nearly covered your expenses, and your colonists are still getting chuckles remembering the mayhem. With a little legal finessing, perhaps next year's event will be profitable.

...NO, Captain, I said finesse. Fin- Oh, never mind...

Settlement Funds: -
Settlement Morale: +
Settlement Tourism: +
A plaque on both your horses.
Darlek

Post by Darlek »

BOOM!....KA Booom...Blam...shudeeeeer , Crash Tinkle tinkle tinkle.
Space ! Whats going on No 2 ? Report --repeat report in NO 2 is anyone on Comms?

Captain we have hit something while drilling the post holes for the new Ribblez enclosure.
The explosion has taken out half the super structure.
An a huge gizzer of gas is eruping out of the breach.

Test the gas quickly No 2 , if its poisonious were in big trouble with the safty commision, hit the emergency release valves and vent that section.

Wahoo Captain this will put a smile :) on your worry worn face, that gas is (Flux,Reactive,Trisiolate,Rigan,or Teronite) :D
Galaxy! No 2 Contain that gas , were rich , rich rich I say.

- 1 % damage
+ 300 gas units
Search Find and exterminate ..... Exterminate..... EXTERMINATE!
Darlek

Post by Darlek »

Great Galaxy! NO 2 we are going to be paid a visited by Lord and Lady Grans the well know Co-presidents of free the Snarg Society.
If they think we are mistreating in some way Snargs or dealing in Snarg products they can put a ban on us that would reduce the tourist numbers signifcantly.

Space! get moveing man we only have days to remove all evidence of Snargs from this settlement.
Snarg mats gone check, coffee table stand gone , look over the gift shop quickly now for any trinkets.
Quickly put out a Captains to the settlement to the effect that Snarg heloween custume,s are to be put in storage.
Ohh that picture in the entrance hall of a Snarg in a cage has got to go....come on people think what else is there ?

Ah Lord and Lady Grans what a pleasure to have this unexpected visit, if we had known you were coming,
I would have had the workers out polishing the place up a bit, I am afraid you will have to take us as we come.
My assistant has however managed to put together a small token gift for you both.
Why thank you Captain I shall open it now:) argh you serious a diamond encrusted Snarg collar :(

Doh were did I go wrong?

-settlement tourists
Darlek

Post by Darlek »

Nexx Stranger here
Reporting for lonely Galaxy

The Vid that takes you to all those exotic settlements you have never heard off.

This Vidcast we are going to look in on the locals at ......... Psst whats the name of this two bit back water ?
Never mind Never mind, well over here are the hydroponics waste treatment ponds and the locals say you can not beat the sight of a 1000 hover flys back lite by the setting Sun........Space! Get away from my face you hungry pond life.

Theres full employment of course with most of the locals busy puting holes through any rock or item of junk they can find, then tying a piece of rope to it and calling it a traditional lucky charm..... Which Reminds me I need some of those to take back to my work collegues in the office.

No visit would be complete with out checking out one of the local Bar,s loaded with countless colouful charactors from across the cosmos.
Tough mining sorts ,Crusty Hauler Captains, get rich quick Slicks, they are all here for the aventure some travelor just waiting to meet greet and swop a tale or two.

Of course no show would be complete with out trying one of the local beverages and delicacies.
This week its Ribblez ribs carnished in local weeds ( edit that bit out will ya argh ) greens that are washed down with a tradition so they say cocktail of Cactus juice, Rocket fuel with a dash of Trisiolate, the solid sorts throw a match to it and .....skull ........HELP help im on fire!

Thats it from Nexx Stranger here at the local Hospital saying dont be a Stranger friend

+tourist