Barge mining in the Expanse

A place to discuss and post about Corporations & Mining Barges. Share your finds and discoveries or simply ask questions about the Corp & Barge process.
Gorkus

Barge mining in the Expanse

Post by Gorkus »

I see the barge primer indicates that expanse mining is 'pending.' Any idea when that might occur? I assume it will be an ability.
Just so you know, it's a great idea and I can't wait.

(Coops, I know you read every post, We love you man. You're the best, most attentive dev for a game I've ever encountered.)
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Barge mining in the Expanse

Post by Coops »

You assume correctly it will be an Ability - Likely after I complete the Starbase roll out - depending on if my arm gets twisted to work on the strip / loadout suggestion made last week :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

Sorry to step in late, but a question: Would the salvage abilities carry over to Expanse salvage?

It is my understanding that currently everything that can be mined in the Expanse can also be extracted. However, expanse loot is rare, and I'd be really happy if I could let my barge gather that for a few weeks.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

That will be part of the review process and one of the reasons it was not released as part of the initial build for Barges :) CE is as you know a VERY large game encompassing so many 'areas' that changing one or allowing another to encroach can have massive impacts on existing systems.

I choose to make that a separate upgrade/review for Barges and will review and code up when I'm done with Starbases.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Fitzbacon

Post by Fitzbacon »

Coops wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm You assume correctly it will be an Ability - Likely after I complete the Starbase roll out - depending on if my arm gets twisted to work on the strip / loadout suggestion made last week :)

Coops
Any progress on this at all. It would be wonderful to have the Barge in the Expanse.

Asking for a friend :lol:

Fitz
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Still working on the Starbase stages that are required for this 'link up' to work properly. Patience, my padawan :), But a useful prod to remember to link it in with the next phase. Thank you.