An interview with Captain Persuader

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

An interview with Captain Persuader

Post by Gus Givens »

by Mike Fingal on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 am

hi, this is Mike Fingal for ISN, bringing you all the news throughout the galaxies right here, right now. Later on we will be bringing you all the latest sports news from all the galaxies but first, we sent our roving reporter, Bex Gregory, out on location to meet with Captain Persuader after his heroic tussle with Lorie Delaney......

Hi Mike and hello viewers, yes I'm here with the gallant Captain Persuader just a few short hours after he defeated Lorie Delaney. We put these questions to him;

Hi Captain, may I begin by congratulating on your kill. Did you ever fear for your life?

Hello Bex, Mike, thank you for your questions. I'll do my best to answer them in all sincerity.
The fact of the matter is, me and the other GalFed boys had just defeated a RAID in the group effort in Zarante. We were all quite pumped up on adrenaline and celebrating when I remembered Cassandra offered me a reward to kill Lorie, but also threatened with the possibility of myself and her clashing cannons if I did. All excited and unable to raise a glass with the others, I ventured into Terl, and made sure there was a full repair crew waiting for me on Babylon, the settlement of my guild leader. Knowing the people, I knew I'd be in capable and willing hands. Without fear and hesitation, I attacked Lorie, and no, I did not fear for my life - I had full trust in my escape pods, should the need for them arise - and it did, once.

Did you undertake any special training to get as good as you are?

I took no special training, other than the thousands of kills I had done before. Of course, many experiments lead to many destructions of my ships, and many many tows to the main stations, but I guess it's a part of the life we live, at least some of us. Besides the skill I gained fighting so far, a great help in the victory against Lorie were my new and shiny Hammer Reactors, as well as some helping targeting modules. Of course, I couldn't have done it without my batch of Matrices either, so it's safe to say the win was the least my responsibility, and the most that of my gear ;)

What encouragement and words of wisdom can you give to all the up and coming Captains out there?

Advice and words of wisdom can hardly be heard from me, as I'm still rather young and seeking advice and wisdom myself, but I can tell the young Captains this - don't be afraid. Take risks and go where no one has gone before if the opportunity is in front of you. Never, ever be afraid of statistics, because that's exactly what it is - just numbers. And if you let yourself be judged by it, you'll never be anything but an average deck scrubber. Just aim for the best, and don't let any obstacle hinder your progress.

Well thank you for your insights Captain, I'm sure they will be of benefit to new and old captains alike

No problem, and thank you, cheers!

This is Bex Gregory, on location, reporting for ISN. Back to you Mike.....

Thanks Bex and thank you captain....and now for all you avid sports fans, sit back, relax, open up a few beers because here comes the 16 hour extended review of all thats happening in the sports galaxies.....