Crafting with Karl

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gabby Newsome
CE ISN Reporter

Crafting with Karl

Post by Gabby Newsome »

Hello fellow Space Farers! It’s Gabby Newsome here with the News You Can Use. Today I have a special guest, Karl and he’s going to talk a little bit about crafting.

Hello, My name is Karl and today I want to talk about Crafting. Now some of you are old hands at this, been doing it for years and maybe even went about crafting a Starbase (now that’s a heavy build). But some of you may be just starting out and you are a little confused by this subject. Well I am here today to, hopefully remove some of the mystery so you can enjoy crafting.

In order to craft something you need the schematic. A basic schematic has six resource or component slots. Normally a schematic will have four resources and one to two Crafting Modules. That is for the basic schematic. Some schematics will have multiple Crafting Modules, and the Modules will have Crafting Modules. Confusing, but let’s break it down.

Each schematic will list the required units of materials R and the actual amount you have available A.

Let’s take a look at the Schematic for E.B.K Booster Kit (Armour) PM 1
The schematic says you need 2 units of Biogenic Goods, 2 units of Refined Ore, 2 units of Refined Chemicals, 2 units Radioactive Stock and 2 Crafting Modules called Ninite Loader Kit. It’s important to pay attention to the number of Crafting Modules that are required, especially if they are “nested”. But that is an advanced crafting topic.

So now we need to look at what it takes to craft a Nanite Loader Kit, so let’s take a look at the schematic. Yes, you need two schematics, the main schematic and one for the Crafting Module.
Let’s see 10 units of Ore, 1 unit of Plasteel and 2 units of Refined Metal. Now remember you need 2 Nanite Loader kits so you need to double the resources listed. So 20 units Ore, 2 units Plasteel and 4 units Refined Metal.

If you are lucky you have the resources, if not, where do you get them? First is the Galactic Buyers Market or G.B.M here you can list what you need and set the price you are willing to pay for the resources you need. Of course there are other places you can get resources if you are in a hurry. Vazant Traders, Sherman Exports, etc. and you may have read Gabby’s article on Svens. I also can not stress this enough; Networking! That wonderful little balloon with the exclamation point at the bottom of your Captains screen will take you to the Discord Chat Channel. There are Captains on there who will give you resources, just for asking! All they will ask is that you “pay it forward”.

So, you have gathered your resources. It is important that you have collected ALL the resource required at the local Commercial Store. Enter the Manufacturing Facility by clicking the icon that looks like a building with two red smokestacks.

Now you could select Modules, this will take you to the the list of Crafting Module schematics you own. Type Nanite in the search box and select Ninite Loader Kit from the dropdown that appears and Click on Use Schematic. You can then craft 1, 5, or 10 modules.

The other method, particularly for small builds is to select the main schematic. E.B.Ks are an Engineering Item so click on Eng / Missiles and click on Build. You see the big white X on the red background under Nanite Loader Kit, meaning you don’t have any yet. Click on the Crafting Module box and it will open the schematic for Nanite Loader Kit. If you don’t have the schematic it will inform you.

Build 2 Nanite Loader Kits. After each build your In Stock reading will increase. Now click on Show Initial Schematic, this will take you to the schematic for the E.B.K Booster Kit (Armour) PM 1. Now you should have all green checkmarks on the right. This means you are ready to build the main schematic. Click on Craft Item and you are shown a screen indicating you have successfully crafted your item. If you return to the build screen you will see the In Stock count now reads 10, unless you already had some stored away on your ship.

The math was pretty easy on this build, but as they get more complex you may want to build a spreadsheet to help you out. If you aren’t into that then check out the Project Eagle site. It contains a very helpful set of tools to help you craft almost anything you want. What is really great is the math is already done!

You can also find the link at the bottom of the Forums Page.

So there you have it! Join me next time when I cover Crafting for Courier Missions.

Thank you Karl, and thank you fans. For sticking with us today PM me here for a chance to win some nifty prizes!

This is Gabby Newsome (and Karl) signing off!
Star Field Reporter - ISN NEWS