Man on the Street - Ships Captains

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gabby Newsome
CE ISN Reporter

Man on the Street - Ships Captains

Post by Gabby Newsome »

You see them every day. Or maybe you don’t, and that’s just the point. They are all around you performing important, and even critical functions. They go about their lives, “just doing their jobs,” as they like to say; every day, day in and day out.

I’m speaking of course about the ships captains plying the space lanes doing everything from harvesting resources to carrying passengers and freight to various planets; fighting the pirate plague and preventing the A.I. from encroaching further into our inhabited systems.

We decided to ask everyday people what they thought about the ships captains. Here are a few of the answers, straight off the street.

“You sir, excuse me sir. Do you have a moment to answer a question?”

“Well, I’m on my way to university, but I suppose I have time for one. Hi Mom!” waves at the camera.

“What do you think about ships captains?”, directs the microphone at the young man.

“Umm, I dunno, what do they do?”, he asked, confused.

“Let me ask you this, What did you have for breakfast this morning?”.

“Oh, that’s easy! I had a Verecian fruit platter. It was delicious!”. Thumbs up at the camera.

“So, how do you think that Verecian fruit platter showed up on your breakfast table on Messor?”

Looking confused, “Umm, I dunno, I just pick it from the menu and the robo delivers it to me?”.

“Well before the robo could get it, a ships captain had to pick it up in Verec-Per and fly it to Messor so it can arrive on your table still fresh. Well, thank you, young man. Better hurry off to class now.”

Aside, but picked up by the microphone, “What do they teach kids nowadays?”.

“Ma’am, excuse me Ma'am, what do you think of ships captains?”

Woman goes wide-eyed. “Oh, they are so dashing and daring! I have a Rexx Shredd calendar on my bedroom wall! So handsome, and that hair, it’s to die for!” Swoons.

“Umm, yes, err, thank you. Umm, moving on.”

“Excuse me sir, what do you think of ships captains?”

“Great bunch of people, great bunch! I was on the second honeymoon with my wife to celebrate 20 years. I love my little buttercup so much! Anyway we were on the way to Nanoo, the beaches there are incredible! Anyway the captain announced we were being overtaken by pirates. He said he had sent out a distress call and was running the engines at above maximum but the pirates would overtake us in about an hour! It was a long hour, let me tell you; but finally the Captain cut the engines and told everyone to stand by to be boarded.
“All of the sudden the pirates' shields started glowing as a ship zoomed in and began firing. He made short work of the pirate vessel, then went calmly searching the debris for salvage. Didn’t ask for nothing, though at that point I would have given him my vacation credit stick!”
“Yeah, those guys have my respect and if they ever are on Lorat they can stop by *Beep* for a free drink!”

“Sorry, no free solicitations!”

"Sir, what do you think of ships captains?"

"Uncouth ruffians, should all be in prison!"

“So there you have it folks, Love ‘em, Hate ‘em or don’t know who they are; ships captains are out there every day and night quietly, without fanfare performing services for all of us, just ‘doing their job’.

“That’s why we are proud to announce Social Rapport Points as a way of saying thank you to these wonderful people working quietly in the background keeping the universe rolling along.

“You can read more about Social Rapport Points and how you can help over here.
Star Field Reporter - ISN NEWS