Abandoned Settlements

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gabby Newsome
CE ISN Reporter

Abandoned Settlements

Post by Gabby Newsome »

Gabby Newsome here with the News You Can Use.
Good morning spacefarers!

What is happening with settlements?
Captains, I don’t want to be an alarmist but I want you to ask yourself a few questions.
What is happening with Captains? We all know space is a dangerous place, but why are so many Captains disappearing and their settlements going into receivership with Gal-Fed? If it were a simple matter of lack of funds, where are these Captains/owners of bankrupt settlements?

Gal-Fed auctions off the resources “recovered” during the settlement wrap up, but what happens to the actual settlement? The buildings, the plot, the people?
Authorities claim the employees are released from duty but have you ever met one? When you are hiring for your settlement, have you ever seen a resume referencing employment at a previous settlement? Why not? Don’t you think that would be something to share with a prospective employer?
Authorities claim after removing all buildings the settlement will be destroyed. Is it? Why aren’t licenses reissued for these settlement slots? Where are the great deals on the “removed” buildings?

Why does Gal-Fed need all these settlements? Could they be relocation centers? For whom?
Is the A.I. invasion of the Core much worse than authorities claim? We know the official count of refugees from the Core are much lower than we would anticipate, given the devastation reported. Where are the refugees going?

What is happening in the Core? After receiving the coded message fragments it seems all information out of the Core has stopped.

Are refugees secretly being relocated to these “abandoned” settlements? If so, to what purpose?

This is Gabby Newsome, with more questions than answers.
Back to you Gus.
Star Field Reporter - ISN NEWS