Dr Standish' Journal - Concluded

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Dr Standish' Journal - Concluded

Post by Gus Givens »

Hi viewers and welcome to ISN, I’m Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the Galaxies. We’re very happy and proud here at ISN to finally be able to bring you the concluding parts from the journal of Dr Standish. And with no further ado we go over live to Grant Brude at the ISN science labs.

Thank you Mike and a big thank you to all the Captains who sent in the final fragments so that we, here at ISN, could finally put to rest the mystery of the Doctors’ final days. Here, in full, is the final journal of the infamous Dr Standish.

Day 1

I was going to record all of this data on my personal recorder but I turned my back for a second and Pearl took it upon herself to absorb it, the little scamp, so I have managed to find some paper and will use the written word; such a dated mode of communication.

After rigging the containment areas I managed to make our escape to the pods and stop anyone from following us: I would have loved to have seen the good captain’s face when it all went off but the danger was too great. The escape pod is large enough for four and well stocked with provisions; more than enough to last till we reach the safe haven I have plotted on the navigation computer.

Day 2

I’m not sure how she managed it but while I was sleeping, Pearl manoeuvred the pod alongside a freighter and attached it to the underside of the hull. Thankfully there is an airlock between the main compartment and outside or I would have been sucked out to my death. I can only guess at her intentions but it matters little, we will leave the next time the freighter disembarks and make our way to my laboratory.

Day 3

We arrived at a space port and I readied myself to make an escape from the pod without being noticed but Pearl refused to comply and I was unable to force her to leave. At one point I actually thought she was going to attack me. I wonder what plans she has in her head.

Day 4

I awoke to find that Pearl has absorbed all the provisions and a number of items from the engineering manifest, little that there was. She seems to be creating a rudimentary propulsion system upon her carapace and her size has increased twofold which makes the main compartment a little cramped. The freighter is underway again though I have no way of knowing exactly where we are.

Day 5

I believe Pearl thought I was sleeping when she left the pod. She activated the airlock and, using her self-styled propulsion unit, jetted off into the depths of space. She was gone for almost two hours before returning. I pretended to be asleep and with little commotion she moved to the end of the compartment and entered a state of hibernation. I noticed she had scorch marks on her carapace which looked like they’d been caused by a laser weapon of some kind. Where did she go and what did she do?

Day 6

Once again the freighter docked but when I tried to leave Pearl moved to block my path and refused to move. She now outweighs me by at least two hundred pounds and I was unable to exit the pod. I feel I am becoming weak from lack of food but if she understands that I need nourishment she shows no sign of this.

Day 7

Without even waiting for me to go to sleep Pearl exited the pod and took flight to regions unknown. She returned three hours later and there were patches of blood all over her body, none of which I believe was hers. I sense that I no longer have any control over this situation and can only hope that I will be given a chance to escape before I no longer have the strength to make an attempt.

Day 8

I am unable to sleep or gain any comfort as the stomach cramps are agonisingly painful. My throat is constantly dry and I have no strength in my limbs or my voice. The freighter docked once more and I tried to order Pearl to allow me to leave but she…attacked me and very quickly I was subdued and unable to leave the pod. I fear what I have created and know that it is only a matter of time before she decides my time has come.

Day 9

Unable to think straight, my mind my mind doesn’t seem able to hold any thoughts for longer than the briefest period. Pearl left at some point and I searched as well well as I could but was unable to find any sustenance. My time now is brief…I will suffer

Day 10

Left it too late..
Couldn’t seem to locate the airlock…small window.
She came back
Day 11

My last act will bee to jettttisoon these pages into space an hop that theey ar found
I am sory for all of this..time is short..she wil b bak sooon

And there we have it, a rather sombre message of woe and realisation from the Doctor.
We think that Pearl and her offspring, which some Captains have reported encountering, are a grave threat and should anyone discover the location of Pearl then they should notify ISN and the authorities immediately. Back to you in the studio.

Thank you Professor for completing the journal and thank you for the warning, one that I hope our viewers will take seriously.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the following Captains for their diligence and help in concluding this story:
Mkvenner
Robotix
UncleBod
Arbaligh
Quillian
McHuberts
Dvg125
Poltergist
Malcatus
Quillian
Stoned one
Extra Forte
Elkhorn
Ehndras
BlackSteel
Ramore de Nada
Viper20
Brett
McCrae
Sonya the fox
Kuthulu
xprzemolix
Taz87

We would also like to give special thanks to Captain Kane for information sent that we have passed on to the relevant authorities.