Combat Missions - Get some...

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Combat Missions - Get some...

Post by Coops »

With the addition of the new Table view to the game, it makes sense to expand it to a few other areas of the game. One of those is things like Combat Offices. I have been working away for the last few days (Yes, whilst monitoring and tweaking Haulage) on converting the Gal-Fed office to the new view.
Don't worry, I will convert the others next.

Along the way I also made some slight tweaks to make Combat Missions more 'easy to get and easy to complete' plus a raise in the overall rewards.

First off, the Office view now leads itself very nicely to generating Missions. Let's say I wanted a bunch of mission in a Single location. I can add the name of that location (or system if you want it wider) and it will filter the results to just show the chosen location. Hmm, I thought why not expand the Regen list, so now the list generates 50 missions per pull. That's up from 10. Meaning less time in the office 'looking for things to kill, and more time killing'... Errr I mean removing the vermin from our systems.

Then I thought... ok the old limit on how many missions you can take, that's a bit outdated, So I have extended how many missions you can take (based on your Faction) So more missions to practically make your scanner glow if you take them all in the same 'locale'.

Then I thought... I think the old cap of 40 kills was a bit extreme. So I have reduced it quite dramatically. So you won't have the long prospect of looking to kill 40 mobs before handing it in. That one's based off your Captain Level (as it always was).

Finally... I figured, let's give Combateers a helping hand. When it comes to sitting in a location scanning time after time, having to scan your eyes (or ears VI players) up and down the listing it can be tiresome, and you end up missing one in a rush to scan again.

So I have added some code to help out. When ON a mission for a target, the scanner will check to see if one appears IN the location of the Mission AND matches any of your Mission targets. If it does, it will add an Asterix *to the end of the ship's name. Now when you scan looking for your targets, keep an eye or ear open for the Asterix!

So to recap...

More Missions, more per regen, a cool way to filter results, More Credits, less kills and a Groovy AI that looks out for your Mission Targets...

Hashtag #lets-make-combat-groovy

I'm off to look at the other combat offices and give them all the same treatment. Have fun scanning for Gal-Fed Missions. (Yes Pirates, I will do yours next).

Coops

P.S for those who don't or have not used a Combat Office - Missions are generated off your ship's Max Stats. So No matter what your level of combat you will find missions generated above, at and below your level of combat effectivity. USE the threat column to figure out where you 'feel best comfortable'. That I will leave to you.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Combat Missions - Get some...

Post by Coops »

Following on from my post this morning, I have gone and updated the Pirate Outlaw combat offices and also the Vereican Combat Offices. These will all now fit in with the changes mentioned above from this morning.

PLUS : I have (at long last) added an Alliance Combat Office. I have dotted these around the Alliance Territory in the sphere to get you started. These use the Alliance Faction Rank and standings to work out mission targets and rewards, etc.

I'm pondering on the Confed offices. We do have a lot of Confed space, but as they are contra aligned with Gal-Fed and the Alliance, it will make for a hard target list if you don't want to affect your Goody two shoes factions. Thus, I'm thinking they would get very little use.

Open to suggestions on this one if anyone has a bright idea.

For now all combat offices have been uplifted, and we now have another combat office type.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Combat Missions - Get some...

Post by Coops »

There was an issue with some of the mission targets being highlighted in 'other' systems. This should now be resolved as of this morning. The issue was related to non Gal-Fed Missions. I have correctly updated the scanner and its results to filter ALL combat office Missions.

Coops