SSL Certificate Change Over

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

SSL Certificate Change Over

Post by Coops »

It is very likely that within the next 12 - 24 hours we will be changing SSL Certificate companies. This may lead to a period where your browser will be confused or believe the SSL is not valid. We can assure you that we will have a Valid SSL at that time, so you are OK to add as an exception should you wish.

I'm only posting this in case there is a lag between the two certificates expiring and being started. If there are any complication, I will post.

Many thanks.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: SSL Certificate Change Over

Post by Coops »

After a lot of faffing about and applying a large spanner, we have renewed the SSL cert for the domains and subs. The old one on your browsers may show as expiring tomorrow, but the new one has been issued and is functional.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: SSL Certificate Change Over

Post by Coops »

Seems I posted and went to bed too soon :)

The Certificate whilst valid seems to be needed to be assigned to each Subdomain separately, so I have completed this step and tested all the subdomains. This also caused an issue with the local ticker system, so a few of the tickers failed last night. These have also been reactivated and are now catching up.

Apologies if you had issues playing last night. But we are now back up and running. New document created for next year when we have to repeat this, hopefully somewhat smoother :)

Coops