Coops Upgrades - Read on...

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Coops Upgrades - Read on...

Post by Coops »

OK, first off this is NOT yet active, the thrust of this post is to answer the same question I'm being asked every day for the last few weeks :)

In the past we have held Festive Events and in some of those events I have seeded / given away Coops Upgrade tokens and in recent history Olympic Upgrade Tokens. Normally I then hold a period of 'hand in' whereby you send me the item you want upgrading and the tokens (50:1). Then you 'wait' for the item to be upgraded.

This is fine and dandy except it takes a lot of my time to process, so I end up collecting a bunch and doing them in bathes, which is fine by some of you and irritates others :)

So....

I have been (and am) working on an automated system. An office you will be able to visit. From this office, you will be able to 'See' Clearly what in your inventory IS upgradeable and what's Not (often a cause for confusion). You will also be able to see how many Upgrade Tokens you have (in total) and choose if you wish to have an item upgraded.

Not enough Tokens, no upgrade...

The tokens both Coops and Olympic will both count so don't worry about not having enough of each type. The ratio will be set at 30:1 for a Dev Upgrade. The item you choose to have upgraded will get a 'Dev Revision' Update affecting Skill reduction, Power output / requirement and the Primary stat of the item being affected. IE Weapon would be Damage, Cargo would be Space etc.

Upgraded items will NOT be Tradeable! Nor can they be Re upgraded. So choose wisely. They WILL be recyclable.

I'm also pondering on a scheme that would see you awarded with a Coops Upgrade Token for everyday you log into the game. So play for 30 days, and you'd have collected enough to upgrade an item. A kind of small daily reward for stopping by and playing. This is under review...

I'm currently WORKING on all this, so please bear with me. If you see anyone asking about the Coops Upgrade process - Send them HERE! :)

I will update this thread when the process is ready for release to the Live Server.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Coops Upgrades - Read on...

Post by Coops »

I've released a Primer on this subject for those of you interested in using those Coops Tokens!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3649
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Coops Upgrades - Read on...

Post by Coops »

The Dev Revisions Upgrades Stores are now available for players to add to their Settlements. You will need a level 5+ Settlement for the option to appear, but these are now open for grabs. For those who don't have a settlement and don't mind the jaunt, I have placed one on Starbase 51 in Feris.

Coops

P.S Got Olympic Tokens you want to trade for Coops Upgrade Tokens ? Read OVER HERE