Monday 14th Maintenance Period

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

On the morning of the 14th at 10:30 AM (Game Time) I will be placing the Server in 'downtime'. If you're playing at that point you will be evicted, so I suggest you curtail activities shortly before and make a retreat to your cockpit and go make a coffee.

This is the part of a bi-Monthly Maintenance Period that I'm choosing to implement. When CE was first released we were doing weekly down maintenance periods, but we learnt to deal with these in different ways. Over time, we have managed to do most of the maint whilst the game continues.

But with increased security patches and server updates this is becoming more difficult. To lower the risk of any data loss I have decided to do a bi-Monthly down period. It will likely range from a few minutes to a 15 minute period of CE being offline.

For the most part the Subdomains like news, guides and the forums will remain online and operational. This will depend on what's required, and in each instance I'll let you know in advance if these items will be off as well.

In all instances, the main Discord Chat will remain operational and unaffected.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Monday 14th Maintenance Period

Post by Coops »

It appears we have an issue with our SSL registrations. I'm currently trying my best to resolve this, but we have an hour wait till this can be attempted again. During this time, some of our non-critical sites can reached by accepting the message that warns you about the SSL certificate not being valid or simply removing the 's' from the https address.

Sadly, you will not be able to play Core-Exiles itself until we have resolved this issue.

We have been attempting to make the SSL renewal process as painless as possible, but it appears to have backfired on us. Please bear with us whilst we resolve this.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Monday 14th Maintenance Period

Post by Coops »

Happily, I can report that the Game Server was offline till 12:00. We eventually decided to bypass the Free Certificates we had been using and fork out (Mwwwaaaaaaa crys like a baby) for paid SSL encryption.

These have now been applied, and you should find all the CE domains and subdomains are now secure and once again reporting their padlock / secure status.

Project Terran is Still an issue for us due to a niggly SSL issue inside the game, so the primary domain for Project Terran will remain non SSL secure at this time. (I need extra time to find a solution). The game of course works as you'd expect, just not with a padlock secure certificate.

I also managed to get all the main Maintenance tasks completed during the extended downtime.

Coops