Core Exiles Project Terran Offer

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Core Exiles Project Terran Offer

Post by Coops »

You may not be aware, but we also run a sister game to Core-Exiles. Project Terran. It has similarities but its not the same game so playing it whilst also paying CE need a little mind adjustment :) but it's there free to play just like CE.

We started it a number of years back as a test to see what could be done without being limited in the use of JavaScript. We created the Phoenix Galaxy. Roughly the same size as the entire CE 'Universe' but in a single Galaxy. The ideas and principles are the same, a single captain out on the black making a name for him or herself. You can fight, mine, refine and craft as you'd expect in any game made by Coops :)

It differs in that most of the game is in real time. So skills are learnt in real time (AKA EVE Style) and combat and mining is done in real time. The biggest difference is that mining and combat fields can be shared with others in real time (or as close as a web browser can get) lol.

So if you fancied doing some mining and combat with a friend, no problem, let them know where you're at and off you go. Fancy taking on some tougher pirates than you can't handle on your own, or perhaps the mining field you want to mine in is peppered in bad guys, no problem as the community or a friend to come help you out. :)

Project Terran is not for everyone as I say it's real time, so eventually you're going to be wishing you'd started earlier and got those skills levelling earlier on, but hey thats life :)

PT is based around crafting much like CE and you can trade resources and end items in the Galactic Buyer's market and Emporiums (sound familiar) :)

Sadly the game makes the use of a lot of JavaScript so that make sit unfriendly with Screen Readers and thus sadly it's not a Blind friendly game. You will be able to navigate a lot of the game, but mining and combat and I would expect map navigation simply won't work for you.

OK Coops get to it, what's the 'Offer' you got me in here with... ?

Project Terran doesn't have an expansive Store like CE but uses 'Terran Store Credits' top purchase alternative in game options. These can be purchased from our CE Store OVER HERE On the whole, the community in PT is to small for the game to support itself. We have propped it up during its inception and last few years' development. Again as always advertising is the biggest single cost and we have been trying to do what we can.

But as a special offer to those of you that play CE and PT (many of you do) I thought a reward for September might be well received.

So....

For September for every £10 in real money (that means not in Gift Certificates) you spend in the CE Store I will honour that with 500 Terran Store Credits.

Ideally, you need to be giving me the PT captain's name you want the TSC reward added to in the same box you use for CE comments.

But I will accept a PM later with the CE order #ref and the PT captain's name. As long as the claim is done within 30 days of the CE store purchase. My life is complicated enough without trying to back track 3,4,5, sometimes six months on a claim lol

Again to be CLEAR - this is an offer to claim Terran Store Credits For Project Terran from purchases made ANYWHERE in the CE Store during September. It means that whilst showing your support for Core Exiles and padding out your Captains accounts with goodies, you can also reap rewards in Terran Store Credits to spend in Project Terran.

Lastly - To repeat, claims for orders made in September must be made within 30 days of the order. You may contact me via PM but If you did not add the PT captain's name at the time of purchase but I will need that and the CE store order ID#.

Project Terran Portal can be found OVER HERE

Thanks for reading...
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Core Exiles Project Terran Offer

Post by Coops »

Hi there Fellow Exiles,

Of those that supported CE, about 50% of you also play PT and gained from the support of CE with a PT Terran Store Credit bonus. As this seemed popular with the cross - players, I have decided to continue it this offer.

So for every £10 in real money (that means not in Gift Certificates) you spend in the CE Store I will honour that with 500 Terran Store Credits.

You still need to give me one of your PT toon names (when added the TSC will be available on your account to spend on any toon under that account, but I need at least one name to identify your account) :)

Thank you to those who showed their support.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!