Events & Secure Store

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Events & Secure Store

Post by Coops »

Morning Fellow Exiles,

Since the change over to getting players to use the Secure Store more, I have tried my best to locate all the myriad snippets of code over our vast game that used to 'drop Misc' items into your ships store. These I converted by the bucket loads in the first week after than change over and have continued to edit those reported to me ever since.

Today I had another really good stab at the 'General Events'. It's hard to categorise for you to easily identify, as there currently 646 of them. But you will recognize them as the 'type' of event you get whilst flying around the Universe, mining salvaging etc. Of these, the ones that specifically dropped items that were misc loot have been made to drop to the Secure Store.

There are exceptions, for instance during festive times those events will still drop to the ship store. Also, some items I know you'd prefer to 'lay eyes' on so those have been excluded, but for 90% I've done my best now to move these 'you found' items to the secure store.

Over the last month I've done a lot of work to edit sections of the game to LOOK in the Secure store and take its requirements FROM the secure store. All in an effort to make your life somewhat easier and less 'taking notes' every time you need to do something.

I'm still human, (contrary to rumours) and may have missed some stray sections of the game. Or, there may be a few elements of the game where I've been on the fence, if moving certain items to the Secure Store would be popular or unpopular. So if you still see Misc items arriving in your Ship store (from today) have a think and let me know.

Sadly telling me an item appear sometime yesterday won't help. So, you'd need to provide a clear action, event etc that led to the item appearing. Then I know where to look. CE is a massive game code wise, so some help in tracking specific outcomes is required :)

Have fun out there fellow Exiles!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!