More Misc Changes

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

More Misc Changes

Post by Coops »

I've been super busy under the hood this last few days making all kinds of tweaks concerning the use of the Misc store VS the Secure Store. These edits are to ensure that we stop a large percentage of the items normally dumped into your ships Misc Store to flow directly to your Secure Store.

Initially, when I first posted on the subject I covered the fact that the following had been adjusted already :

Mining Barge Events and Mining Barge Mining 'extra Misc loots' are now sent to the Secure Store.
Ship crew Missions have also had the same treatment.
Also Exploration 'Level Rewards' same.

You can now add the following to that list :

Derelict Exploration: Most of the misc loot (not all) will now go directly to the Secure Store. There are exceptions inside derelict exploration before you all start lambasting me with PM's :) Some items like mission items need to go to your Misc Store.

Planetary Exploration : Same goes for this one. Most of the Misc items will be shifted directly to the Secure Store. In both cases where its applicable messages have also been 'adjusted'.

Combat Misc: This 'should now all flow to the Secure Store. Please let me know the instances and actions that led to if they don't. (read below)

Mining Misc: Pretty sure I got all these, again let me know if they are still falling into the Misc store.

Wreck Salvage: Same as was a little bit tougher on this one but again fairly confident all instances of Misc loot will go to the Secure Store.

RAID Salvage: Finally, RAID salvage misc will also drop to the Secure Store.

Missing items
If you spot Misc loot still dropping to the Misc store from these reported locations above please CONTACT ME via Discord first to discuss. I will need verifiable proof before I go chasing my tail (done that enough this week lol). Don't just log a one-line bug report - these will get ignored and closed.

I'm still tweaking the syphon code, but it's pretty much there now with as many filters as I can add to it to ensure it doesn't whisk away non-SS items.

IF you find items missing these were likely moved to the Secure Store. Check there first and pull them back to where they belong. I've worked hard this last 48 hours to ensure all reports and 'whispers and rumours' have been resolved.

Syphon Use
You should find now that using the Syphon program it will behave as designed. Turn it on to empty (over a period / depending on the quantity) - when it's low enough or empty turn it off. The larger your Misc store the longer it will take, but you can turn it on and off at any time.

Good News
Through the efforts of players so far (and of course the Syphon Program) we have halved the size of the database table in question. With more of you deciding to empty your Stores over the coming weeks this will only drop.

There are noticeably a few of you with still over 40,000 items in your Misc Store and no signs of hitting the button. Consider taking the plunge. An empty Misc store will make your ship's store as a whole MUCH faster to respond. Empty, turn it off and then decide what's actually worth carting around the galaxy.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: More Misc Changes

Post by Coops »

Been working with a few staff trying to locate the places I either missed the first time round or adding in new loot locations to send loots to Secure Store. Fixed a few I missed on Derelicts and also included Expanse Survey today.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Converted the way the rewards from Hauling and Passenger ferrying now work. These used to add the items to the Misc store and now they direct to the Secure Store. This one has been bugging me and eventually spotted what was going on.

This is the reward element where your drawn for a Cache reward based on reports made during your play. (See PM you get if in doubt).

Coops
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Today sees the Terran Trader Store converted, this now looks in the Secure Store for your SNARG morphers and deposits your traded items in to your secure store. This page was a bit dates so also updated it and added a bar to point out the change for those NOT reading Dev posts :)

Coops
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi there Exiles...

Been burning the midnight oil here and made another tweak / mod to the Secure Misc Store screen.

We previously added the 'Grab Buttons' making it easier to retrieve various amounts of items back to your ships store. Well today I've completed adding in Submol and Recycle buttons.

In the Secure Store Misc screen you will now see two new icons in the list. These are Submol -and Recycle. For the VI / Blind the tags are in place. Click the button / image and it will take you to the related process.

You still need to have a Subatomic Moleculiser fitted (Pod) for Submoling and a Industrial Reclamation (Recycling Processing Unit) (Cargo slot) for Recycling same as you for the process from your ships store. The major difference here is that the process looks in your Secure Store.

This now allows both options for Captains... continue to submol / recycle from the Ship Store

OR

Now submol and recycle directly form the Secure Misc Store.

Coops
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Morning Campers!

Modified the Patreon rewards pack for Midnight on the 1st of the month (for next month), Any elements that would normally be bound for the Ships Misc will now go to the Secure Store. Apologies I missed it last night and was pointed in the direction this morning :)

Coops