COVID - Self Isolation - Special Offer

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

With so many countries now following the path of China, and the increase in both Self Isolation AND enforced lockdowns in several European countries, it's clear many of you are going to have a lot of spare time on your hands these days!

Not to worry - CE to the rescue! - OK maybe over the top but you get the idea :)

No, I'm not offering to fly around and make you hot toddies or take your dogs out, but I am offering a whacking 20K Fuel ticket for those in the following situations.

In self-imposed Isolation.
In Government lockdown Isolation.

If you fall in those categories come in to Chat Say 'Isolating @Coops' and I'll award you a 20K fuel ticket

That will tide you over for a short while and get you through the early days when you've done all the housework you can face and read all the news you can take. Load up your favourite Captain and take a cruise through the space lanes of CE on me!

This offer is valid for existing and NEW captains during the COVID epidemic.

You must claim in Discord Chat (use the footer icon) and use the Phase above.

New to Discord : If you have not visited us before in the discord channel you will find yourself in the #new-arrivals channel. This is there to hold the bots at bay. You simply have to introduce yourself to identify your playing CE and we will add you to the members' list. You can then enter the main #general-ce chat.

If there are no staff around to add you to the members' list right there and then check back shortly as we review that channel when we get back to our desks, and you will find on your next login you're all good to go.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: COVID - Self Isolation - Special Offer

Post by Coops »

I've been handing out these 20K fuel packs since my post above. The offer will remain open for ANY account existing or new. It doesn't matter if you are 'Self Isolating' due to concerns, worries or being sent home from work. Or if you are being 'Forced to Isolate' and stay indoors as some governments are doing.

The fuel offer is there to be claimed in DISCORD #general-ce chat. Simply use the 'Isolating @coops' tag line in chat and I will spot it and add the fuel. I tend to keep a beady eye on chat during my working day and visiting it frequently in the evening. So if you use the @coops it will be flagged and I will see the fuel is added upon my next visit.

Chats been fairly lively of late with payers hanging out as they are stuck at home, so if you don't currently use Discord it may be time to give it a go.

On the note of the Fuel Pack - I've been asked the 'obvious question' and my answer is simple... I work on the honour system. So if you say your self Isolating I will honour your statement. For the most part CE draws in an honourable and friendly bunch of folks so I'm paying it forward so to speak!

No catches!

Best wishes in there somewhat worrying times!

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!