Coops Upgrade Tokens!

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Coops Upgrade Tokens!

Post by Coops »

OK, so you're all collecting Festive Pumpkins at the moment, some for the Coops Collection and some for the Halloween Pods from the Halloween Exchange, but now something New!

In the next 24 hours, you will begin to see a new 'Coops Upgrade Token' appear in the festive hand out.

Whats it for Coops?
I'm glad you asked :) Collect 50 of these and send them to ME 'Coops' - Then follow the instructions Below. Please READ the instructions as this not something I'm going to keep repeating or keep pointing at over the next few weeks. So read, digest and Follow :)

The tokens (50 collected and sent to Coops) entitle the sender to a Free Upgrade on any of the following items :

Ship-Based Items

Shields
Reactors
Weapons
Cargo Expanders (ONLY CARGO)

Items cannot be from the Research Academy as they MUST be transferable.

Select the item FROM YOUR SHIPS STORE - SEND IT TO ME 'COOPS' ensuring you have also sent me the Coops Upgrade Tokens first. I will then add an Festive Bonus to the item and send it back to you.

YOU MUST SEND ME A PM INDICATING THE ITEM YOU SENT - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Please include the EXACT item NAME

Bonuses will vary based on the item and level. But you won't be disappointed.

The item returned to you will be a CONVERTED (renamed) UNIQUE Item. It will perform the same as normal just boosted. Call it a Coops BOB upgrade if you like :)

Questions & Answers
1: Is this offer limited to just one item? - No, Collect as many tokens as you can (swap/trade them) and for EACH 50 I will upgrade an item from the list above.
2: Can I get you to upgrade it more than once - No lol.
3: So i just send you 50 tokens and then the item and you upgrade it randomly - Yes, please don't ask for XYZ upgrade.
4: Where should I drop the tokens and the item - Anywhere is good
5: Should I drop you a line to let you know - Yes to save me time and energy feel free to send me a PM letting me know you have dropped off the Tokens and Item (by name)
6: Will you upgrade an Alien Item - Yes

Lastly - PLEASE PLEASE READ Above before blindly sending me items NOT covered in that list. Please read the Q&A's so I don't spend precious time answering or sending you back here to get your answer.

Your item will have a random upgrade added to it based on its type. Please do not send me PM's asking for a specific upgrade.

This offer (trade in upgrade) expires on the 1st of January 14:00

Coops Upgrade Tokens will be disseminated through festive loot through October, November and December. Any remaining unused tokens will remain on accounts till the next period they become active.

Lastly....

For those that wish to Support Core-Exiles you may Purchase Packs of 50 Tokens from the CE Store. This is just for support and what you do with the tokens is up to you use them, trade them barter them etc. You can purchase the tokens HERE
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Coops Upgrade Tokens!

Post by Coops »

This has been running for a while now and so far no issues, but I have come across two issues that I'm now taking an official stance on. I had hoped to bypass this issue but this weeks collection of Upgrades' has seen a swing in a certain direction.

Mining and Salvage Lasers / Drills - Previously I allowed these to be part of the Upgrade process, the last time there were no future plans for these items (class / type) and it formed no issue if I increased them. This time round its going to cause an issue. I have plans afoot that will mean that IF i were to boost the mining / salvage capacity of these existing items it would cause issues further down the road.

So I'm offering a compromise, IF you send me one of these items I WILL upgrade it but NOT the 'salvage / mining' aspect. Only its Skills and power requirements. So the choice is yours accept the minimal Upgrade or or not.

Olympic Items - These were Upgrades from a previous competition / booster upgrade we ran. Items that have been through This are tradeable but CANNOT be boosted again by this process. Had a few sent to me this week these have been returned.

Overall I hope you can understand these issues and my decision. It affects a minuscule amount of players who were considering or have already sent me one of the items mentioned above, but for the sake of balance and forward planning Ive decided to publish this in one post. Simpler than me repeating myself over and over :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Coops Upgrade Tokens!

Post by Coops »

A quick update to this thread to just point out that the Handin of these tokens is now CLOSED.

Closing date was 1st of January 14:00 as published in the opening thread of this post. I'm getting a few players ignoring this and sending m my tokens and items. I will return any items passed to me after the close date. The Tokens will remain on your account till next time round.

Coops